“Overall a good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Kent & Bathurst Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Sydney)   |
Ranked #29 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Overall a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We were lucky that we got the top floor apartment, along with the corner window (which we paid extra for). Views were much more far reaching that I imagined they would be. We didn't really use the kitchen facilities but looked well stocked. Very clean and spacious. Pillows weren't to my taste, bed was a bit hard but each to their own. There was a bit of a mix up by the receptionist due to inattention (was told three different hotel email addresses which caused our on-line zoo tickets to go to a false address but we - not the hotel - sorted this out). Overall had a great stay, it was 5 minutes walk from Darling Harbour and QVB so perfect location. Café underneath the hotel does a good breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear carolynmumofthree,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was such a pleasurable experience.
I have certainly taken your comments on board. We will review it immediately. Thank you for your feedback though and should you have a similar issue in the future, please let us know while here as we will try to rectify such problems right away.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

upgrade and fix washing machines and dryers. Parking spaces very pokey. Internet should be provided free.
this is very annoying that I have to type 200 characters. If I had known this I would never have completed this survey. You should not expect anyone to do this!

Dear Anthony P S,

Thank you for your review.
We would certainly try to resolve any maintenance faults immediately, should our team be made aware of the problem.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I recently stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment at Adina on Kent Street for around 2 weeks. The Location is great, within walking distance of all the main attractions in Sydney and within a couple minutes of the train station. Being in the heart of the city, there are options aplenty for eating and drinking out, as well as a big supermarket close by.

The apartment itself had great views across darling harbour, was spacious and had everything needed to live a life that feels more like a 'home' than that of an apartment or hotel complex. The service was excellent across my entire stay. I've booked in again and recommended this complex to friends, so I have no hesitation in rating this a 5 star stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Glen S,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are all very happy that the level of service you received throughout the entire stay was very good and that you were happy with the quality of our accommodation. I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Adlina Apartment is located at Kent Street which is very convenient and easy to access. I will recommend my friend and family to stay there for their future trip with cheaper rates will be much appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Joris C,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay.

Goulburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed at this motel for years its location is excellent staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble The pool area is very relaxing and the rooms are spacious and very clean and comfortable

Dear Virginia A,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that the fifth time at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney was such a great experience. I hope we can welcome you at our hotel again very soon.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us and I will personally certainly pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Plenty of space in the two bedroom suite, Location was the best part as we were able to walk everywhere and leave the cars parked securely onsite. Nice heated pool, could swim comfortably in the evening/night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Haylee W,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that your family holiday was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us. Also, I will personally pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Illawarra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Considering it was nearly $800 for one night over the Easter weekend, we were expecting a little more value for money.
The apartment was is spacious and comfortable and the big round window in the lounge room gave a fantastic view over the Sydney CBD. We were delighted on the Easter Sunday to see Kate Middleton and Prince William arrive across the road for the church service. The location is excellent – very close to everything, and a stone’s throw from Darling Harbour, China Town, Pitt St Mall etc…
Unfortunately the beds were VERY uncomfortable and we all woke up with sore hips or backs the next day. The lift takes 5-10 minutes each time… Check out wasn't the best experience, having to wait almost half an hour to even get served as the staff were disorganised and slow. Housekeeping didn’t bother coming to the apartment until 3.30pm... The bathrooms were not cleaned, the bins were not emptied… beds were made and that was it. Not a vacuum or mop in sight. The location is excellent and if I had no other choice, yes, I would stay here again – but this hotel definitely wouldn't be my first choice!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Georgia K,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. I'm very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable and well positioned.
I'd like to acknowledge the fact that you have commented on our in-room beds quality. Our hotel has gone through some light improvements over the 2012 period, including replacement of all beds. This process has been completed at the end of November last year. I'm very sorry to see that you have found our beds to be very uncomfortable. Generally we seem to be getting much more positive feedback when it comes to our beds' quality. We would certainly try to help resolve this problem during your stay, should we be made aware of the problem, as no all beds are exactly the same.
Our hotel has only two elevators and so sometimes it may be that guests will have to wait a moment for a lift. This wait however shouldn't be longer than 2 minutes. If there was a 10 minutes delay, it would mean that a fault has occurred. We do not have any record of lifts breaking down in the last couple of months. Both lifts are maintained frequently - servicemen are on site at least once a month for a precautionary service. I'm sorry though that you needed to wait for the lift longer than expected.
Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the housekeeping problems that you have experienced while staying at our hotel. Please be assured that we take presentation of our rooms and public spaces very seriously. Our aim is to see the servicing of the rooms to be of high quality and consistent. We have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be enjoyable.
Check out time is at 10am. Sometimes it may happen that majority of guests that are due for check out on the day will appear within the lobby at the same time. This is when some guests will have to wait a short moment to be serviced. Our team is trying very hard to maintain smooth reception operations, so that no guest will need to spend extra time around reception desk. 30 minutes delay is probably an inaccurate statement. However again, I'm sorry for this part of your stay.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!