“Convenient stop over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Kent & Bathurst Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Sydney)   |
Ranked #31 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Oamaru, New Zealand
“Convenient stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Although the studio unit we are currently staying in is a shoe box (not recommended for longer stay) the hotel is very well located, clean and most importantly, quiet. We stayed for 5 nights and regret the studio unit. There isn't much room, with nowhere to sit other than a chair at a desk. Far too cramped for a couple for more than one night. The pool was welcome with high temperatures, although the sun is still not on the pool area at this time of year. The gym is well enough equipped but poorly managed. I used it 4 times, once no water, twice no towels and once no cups for the water. Just come prepared with your own towel and water.

Staff are friendly and welcoming although you do tend to cringe when asked for a $100.00 deposit on arrival. All hotels ask for your credit card as security but asking for a specific deposit was a bit tacky. The free bus is just across the road and station only two minutes away. Don't bother with their Wi Fi as you can get free Wi Fi at the station. You dont have to go far. We got a coffee from the bakehouse at the station and used Wi Fi at the same time.

Room Tip: Recommend larger room than the studio.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Oamaruvian,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was enjoyable. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and hotel's features. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.
I'm sorry to see that you have found our rooms to be small and basic. Generally 1 and 2 bedroom apartments offer more living space, greater range of cooking facilities and/or laundry facilities. Our room and apartment range is well described on our website.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney has a great location, it is near the most popular tourist spots in Sydney. They have excellent rooms to choose from. With a friendly staff.

This is just my opinion; to those who has something to say about room service, I know it is their job to make the room clean and tidy but did no one taught you how to fold a towel and put it in the rack after you've used them, or put the things you've used where you got them or even put your garbage in the garbage bin? If you think your room is not clean you can just call for room service. I'm sure they will gladly help you fix your mess.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear NikkiPablo,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your stay at our hotel was such a great experience.
I hope we can welcome you at our hotel again very soon.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us and I will personally certainly pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members.

Havelock North, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We loved this incredibly well located hotel with its spacious one bedroom apartment with a fabulous view out over Darling Harbour. So quick to get to the Town Hall train station and very short walk to the Woolworths supermarket as well. The staff were really friendly and there is a nice cafe on site open till late. Nice to have a bathroom with a bath (needed for soak after huge walk around Sydney and shopping!) and a laundry as well. A shame that the sauna was being maintained when we were there. A spa or hot tub would have been nice. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pixie188,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good position, friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and well equipped although I had to buy a week's wi-fi and in this day and age you expect to get free wi-fi wherever you go. Weights equipment in the gym needs updating, but there's a nice pool area etc...

The hotel is a stone's throw from Darling Harbour (5 mins walk) and Town Hall station (2 mins up the road), so very handy for a daily commute to N Sydney. There's a great Thai restaurant called 'Home' just round the corner (left out of the entrance and then first left and over the road) and some really nice eateries in Darling Harbour itself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out from the front of the building or you'll be looking at the wall of the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear PhysEd,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on our gym and its features. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed for eight days, overall rating is very low. Female receptionist is poor attitude, everytime pretending to see,there is no smile on the faces.
but another two Asians receptionist is very polite, each also has greetings,they are friendly and asked to answer, but this hotel room cleaning is poor, 8 days without vacuuming and replacement of bed, every day and No supplement every toilet supplies.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mimi_smile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the housekeeping and our team attitude problems that you have experienced while staying at our hotel. Please be assured that we take presentation of our rooms and public spaces very seriously. Our aim is to see the servicing of the rooms to be of high quality and consistent. We have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team.
Our team is generally receiving positive feedback. I was disappointed to read that you felt some of our team members could do more to satisfy your expectations. We have, as a group, discussed your review and hopefully we will see improvement to our standards soon.
I'm sorry that we have underperformed and as a consequence made your family's stay in Sydney this much less pleasant.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here with family recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. The apartment was lovely and well kept. The location was great and close to everything. The view from the top floor apartment was fabulous. The room was serviced every day that we were there which was nice after coming back from a day of sightseeing to a clean kitchen, bathroom and made up bed. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear pbaranova,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.
I will personally share your comments with all departments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was perfect and exceeded expectations in every way.

My room was spotless, beautiful, big, clean and had more than I could ever need.

Its hard being away from home but made much easier when staying somewhere that can make you feel just as comfortable.

This will be my regular location for all my Sydney travel, especially when the family joins me. There isnt a better place if you've got kids too.

I Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and it was the most comfortable business trip I've had in years.....and there's been many.

I have been trying out apartments instead of hotels lately and found my stays so much less stress.

I hardly ever got to use hotel facilities anyway. I may miss club lounges but usually didn't make it to them anyway. I have gone from a hotel snob only staying in the best 5 star (and still complaining), to being far more comfortable at apartments like this one.....especially this one

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear skmid,

Thank you so much for your truly great feedback! We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!