“Stay and Play in great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Kent & Bathurst Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Sydney)   |
Ranked #26 of 183 hotels in Sydney
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Stay and Play in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

These apartments are spacious, modern and very clean. Perfect location if u want to b near Chinatown. Staff were friendly. Good value city accommodation. Location to Darling Harbour / Convention Centre was also good. The cafe underneath do a delicious breakfast menu and good coffee. Loved the Bircher Muesli.

• Stayed April 2013
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear MooreFamily63,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your family holiday was such a great fun. Thank you also for acknowledging in nice words our newly opened café. I will make sure that their team will find out about your feedback shortly
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, I will personally pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members concerned.

702 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Murwillumbah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

What is not to like at this fantastically located apartment hotel. Close to shops, Town Hall trains, taxis, great food, easy walk to the harbour, parks and all the best that Sydney has to offer.
Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, a little tired but well appointed and spacious.
We booked a 2 room apartment special for 2 nights on their website and were 'upgraded' to a room on the 22nd floor with views over Town Hall and a fabulous mirrored wall of glass from a building opposite which made for great reflections and photos.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room on a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear meercat05,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable and well positioned and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that your family's stay at our hotel was so pleasant. I am also really happy that you have found our service to be exceptional. I will certainly pass your comments to all our team members.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and like a lot of others I received a free upgrade to a Premier Room - this one on the 21st floor facing Kent Street. The 2 bedroom unit was very spacious, with 2 bathrooms and laundry. TVs in all rooms with surprisingly great picture quality when compared to the fuzzy images on most hotel sets. Big kitchen with decent sized fridge and lounge. BUT the main bedroom backed onto the lift well - and I could hear the hum of the lift go up and down as people accessed the lift. And really noisy as trolleys were moved in and out of the lift! The second bedroom has 2 single beds facing Kent Street and I suspect that these would be very noisy as there was no double glazing. As a bonus, you can actually go out and sit on the balcony - 2 chairs and small drinks provided.

The location means transport, shopping and tourist activities are all within a short stroll. 30 mins by cab to the airport or catch the train. Town Hall rail station is 1/2 a block away and the Rocks - 15 mins away if walking. All good for a family stay for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children). Car parking below. Plenty of great places to eat and have a drink, but don't overlook the cafe located on the ground floor as it is a good value proposition and handy for breakfast. Reception staff were great. Would I I stay here again? Yes - but would want to know where the lift well was located for a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mahove,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful, friendly and that your stay was comfortable. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and its features. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Albury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My six year old and I stayed at the Adina for a week (23-29 April). We had a studio apartment on the 19th floor which was perfect for our needs. We arrived a couple of hours prior to official check in time but our room was ready and we were able to check in straight away which was so good. It was clean and had all the amenities we needed. The only issue I had with the room was regulating the water temperature in the shower, a bit frustrating but certainly not a deal breaker. We had a balcony which allowed us a view to Darling Harbour. There was no issue with noise at all. The pool was lovely and my daughter throroughly enjoyed it.

The absolutely best thing about this hotel is the fantastic staff. Every staff member was welcoming, friendly and could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. They all remembered our names - we felt like we were staying with friends. Robyn, Kelsie, Tatiana and in particular Christel made our stay so enjoyable. They were able to recommend (and direct us to) restaurants and other places we needed to get to.
The location was brilliant. An easy walk to Darling Harbour and having Town Hall Station so close made getting around a breeze. There were two supermarkets in easy walking distance and so many restaurants to choose from.
I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. We will be back soon and looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Kellie2110,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team members in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate their success story. We are very proud and happy for Christel, Robyn, Kelsie and Tatiana. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Again, feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

All the staff were excellent however in particular when we arrived at check in 2 hours early; we were greeted by "Andy" at the front desk. He was super gracious and organised a room for us with minimal fuss. A friendly professional.

Our room was excellent, clean... well maintained and the amenities were great for the price we paid.

Would def stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Rob B,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team member in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate Andy's success. We are very proud and happy for him. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Pukekohe East, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Every aspect of our stay at the Adina, Sydney was wonderful.

I can't say any more other than it was perfection.

If I came to Sydney again I would definitely love to stay in this Hotel.

So many great things within 5-10 mins walk. (parks, ferry terminals, awesome playground, hard rock cafe, maritime museum, supermarket, westfield mall.)

Room Tip: Ask if a room with a view of Darling Harbour is available.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Natasha W,

On behalf of the team, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at Adina for 5 days. We arrived 7am in the hotel and we were very hopeful that they will accommodate us early since we flew red eye and kids are so tired. The lady at the reception said they are not fully booked so she can check us in early and we don't have to pay extra. It was a surprise and will definitely stay again with Adina with this consideration given to my family.

The rooms were clean, tidy and spacious.

When we checked-out, the Cristel was so professional and she assisted us well. She even helped us do our online flight check-in. Since our flight is in the afternoon, they kept our luggage so se can still go around the CBD.

Overall, It was a good stay and Adina will still be our first choice in our next visit to Sydney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear MadieMB,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that our entire front office team is recognised for their efforts that positively impacted your stay. I can assure you that your very nice feedback will be shared among the team shortly.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!