“Just right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Kent & Bathurst Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Sydney)   |
Ranked #27 of 182 hotels in Sydney
“Just right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at a couple of Adina Apartments and am always happy with the room size, layout, facilities, cleanliness and service. This one was no exception. Other than a slight miscommunication about my booking and that my room looked out to the next building's wall five metres away, it was great. Just what I needed. It is also well located with Darling harbour a short walk away. Circular quay is a little bit of a further walk but if you enjoy looking at shops and old buildings, you won't notice or mind the walk.

• Stayed November 2012
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear HannahRandal,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and with nice rooms. Our Pemier Studio range or 1 and 2 bedroom standard and premier apartments range offer more living space, greater range of cooking facilities and/or laundry facilities. Such rooms would also offer much nicer views, where our premier type would offer great city skyline views. Our room and apartment range is well described on our website.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

721 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Adina is in a great location for all of Sydney, we were told to try and get a room above the 20th floor for the view and the 23rd floor was great with side view towards Darling Harbour and straight on for the city, and to the right for the Cathedral, Town Hall and QVB. Our 1 bed apartment was spacious and all the necessary equipment for a self catering holiday.

However, in the middle of the night I suddenly heard an intermittent bleep, thought it was low battery on the mobile. Next morning mobile is fine and 5 mins later the wife finds me balancing on the bed waiting for the smoke alarm to bleep. Then notice the room safe is the culprit. Go to reception who agree the maintenance man will be straight up. He arrives - not a problem just the batteries need replacing. Next night intermittent bleeps again. Back to reception, Andy the receptionist is embarrassed and within minutes the maintenance man is back. We have the new room safe with 4 batteries rather than 2, so these will be replaced and no problem. Except in the middle of the night, yes intermittent bleeps. Next morning Andy tries to disappear and when we return from our day out we have a safe but it has no door and no more bleeps. In fairness we got a full written explanation and apology and they arranged to put any valuables in the office safe.

Andy, particularly, and all the other reception staff were excellent and tried to resolve any problem. They were also a wealth of information on the local area. In all we really enjoyed our stay at the Adina and would return again.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 20th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ARW0647,

Thank you so much for your truly great feedback! We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.
I must say that after reading your 'topic' comment I was a little bit worried, but in the end I was simply pleased with my team's effort to try their hardest to fix the problem with your in-room safe. We have since rectified this issue, so should you end up staying in that same apartment I can assure you there won't be any more problems with the safe. The same can be expected in all other apartments.
Thank you very much for naming Andy to be a standout employee. I'm also glad that you thought all the rest of our team members were doing a great job!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here overnight and was pleasantly surprised on pretty much everything the hotel had to offer. Located right on the corner of Kent and Bathurst ~ great location to walk all around Sydney CBD. Close to Chinatown and even Darling Harbour.

Staff were very welcoming and as helpful as you could get. I made a last minute booking and everything went smoothly. I was upgraded to a larger room on the very top floor which was great. Rooms are spacious and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was big and had your basic tub/shower unit. There was a cozy balcony which had a great view of Town Hall and the rooms were quiet. Did not hear my neighbors which I knew were there.

Would definitely recommend the Adina for the price and for what you get. Great bang for your buck here at the Adina!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear themattkim,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that the "Your first short stay at hour hotel" was such a great success.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, I will personally pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members concerned.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed one week in February 2013. The 2 bedroom suite was huge, with gorgeous views of the city from the 29th floor. More of an apartment (as the name is now) than a hotel, with full kitchen including dishes, and a washer & dryer. Staff was courteous & helpful, but maid service was not up to the ususal U.S. expectations. They would not change the bed linen or sweep/vacuum the floor unless requested. However, it was done when we asked for it. We were within walking distance to Darling Harbor, the casino, great restaurants and shopping. There is also a free city bus two blocks away if you are adventurous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear hubcapswife,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was such a pleasurable experience.
I also thank you for your comments on our rooms' service. We will most certainly take it on board and will try to improve as quickly as possible.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

well placed venue, although if traveling with young children beware that city noise is not supportive of sleep here, esp when they dig up footpath 3 nights running below-even 22 floors up was BAD! Rooms serviced quite late in day-either late morning or way after lunch-again not good if traveling with children if you need access uninterrupted for naps etc in the a'noon. Staff all lovely, and good value!

Dear tiernan1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was a pleasurable experience.
Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the housekeeping problems that you have experienced while staying at our hotel. Please be assured that we take presentation of our rooms and public spaces very seriously. Our aim is to see the servicing of the rooms to be of high quality and consistent. I can only assure you that should we be made aware that you require a service at the specific time, we would accommodate your needs immediately.

Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is our 4th time visit to the Adina Apartments, The reception staff are alway friendly and helpiful. The appartments are spacious and come with good cooking falcilites and big fridge. Woolworths is a 5 minute walk away to stock up and are bottle shores. There are so many affordable restaurants near by, we try something new each time and have not been disapointed by the quality and price. This is a great location 5 minutes to all the main transport routes. China town a couple of blocks away and drop down the hill to Darling Harbour, Circular Quay is 20- 30 minutes walk down Hill or walk up a street for free bus. The location has everything you would want to experance Sydney without wasting money on a tour. It is a safe busy part of of the City.
Only criticism is the cost of Wi-fi should be free in this day and age, you get 30 minutes free per day in foyer, for a single log on, not enought considering with 3 of us having 3 iphones, laptop, and 2 ipads most modern families like to stay connected.

Room Tip: The higher the better,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Philip H,

Thank you for posting such nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be so comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We are glad that the "4th time at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney" was such a great experience. I hope we can welcome you at our hotel again very soon. We will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us and I will personally certainly pass and thank for this great feedback to our team members.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have staid at the Adina Grand Sydney last week and it was a great experience! The location was perfect, just in the near of Darling Harbour, lots of nice little restaurants around the corner and the Queen Victoria Building just right in front of us. The room was excellent, spacious, clean, well decorated and a great panoramic view. The staff was very friendly and professional.
We would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to visit Sydney CBD.

Daan and Britt Vermeulen, The Netherlands

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Uffizi2008,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that our team members received a very nice recognition for their efforts that positively impacted your stay. I can assure you that their success story will be shared with our entire team shortly.

Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!