“Very comfortable location. Great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Kent & Bathurst Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Sydney)   |
Ranked #29 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kolkata, India
“Very comfortable location. Great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks and I'd say it was quite comfortable. I got a decent suite and the sleep quality was good. The best part of the hotel is its location. Located right off the most happening George street and about 75 meters from the train/tube/metro station "Town Hall", it offers you easy locationary benefits. You can be at any place in the city right off your hotel.

The rooms (I presume all) have a decent balcony offering good views.

Tip for betterment: the staff needs to be a bit more courteous.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking Balthurst street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Sanjay_GT,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your stay at the Medina Grand Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable and well positioned and that you have enjoyed your stay.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Noosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the 7th year in a row I have stayed at the Medina Grand on Kent Street. For anyone wanting a great location, good value for money rooms, a cute little cafe downstairs and extremely friendly and helpful staff this is an excellent choice. Each year I have to ship boxes and packages to the Medina to wait for my arrival, then after my show/expo I get all the left over boxes delivered back to the hotel for the courier to collect the next day - there has never been an issue or drama and the staff always assist me with a smile - thank you to all the staff and management!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Rockettt,

Thank you very much for such wonderful feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience again and thank you for staying at our hotel again. We highly appreciate your support.
I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and had such a great time in Sydney
We got a one bed apartment but got a free upgrade to a premier apartment for free!
The apartments are a 5minute walk to darling harbour and close to Chinatown for paddys market which is great. The apartments themselves are great they have a washing machine and dryer which is so handy when travelling, the views of the city are really good from the premier apartments.The staff are really friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I ever visited Sydney.

Room Tip: Get a room on high floor the premier apartments have great views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kazzer83,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience. I am also really happy that our team made your Medina Grand Sydney experience this much more pleasant. I will no doubt share your comments with them soon. I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Excellent acommodation, very freindly and helpful reception and room service staff, clean, tidy, fantastic location to shops, walking distance to Darling harbour, a stones throw to train station. Mini market just a few doors down the road, spoilt for choice for restaurants . Our stay was only for a few days, so we made the most of it. Was fab to get back to the hotel at the end of the day and relax , take a shower then go out for dinner. Everything is so handy, Queen Vic has to put a huge plus for visitors, even if you dont like shopping, its a great place to wander around.

Room Tip: The higher the room the less traffic noise one has to put up with
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Katy R,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Grand Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Medina Grand Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was such a pleasurable experiencel.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment with Darling Harbour views and felt so at home. We saved money by self catering for breakfast, a local mini super market on street level and large Woolworth's store a block away for cheaper supplies. We also saved on transport because of ideal location, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, shops, restaurants and theatres. I'd recommend this hotel for business travellers and tourists too - loved it!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise and Darling Harbour view room had a small balcony, great to si...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Kar01,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay in the Medina for 4 nights with 2 kids, had a 2 room apartment which was fantastic, absoluty huge, 2 bathrooms, comfortable beds, washing machine and dryer and a full kitchen. Very close to everything, 10 min walk to Darling Harbour and Town Hall train station which took you everywhere just 2 mins up the road.
Friendly staff, very helpful....highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear kiwiloren,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that our entire front office team is recognised for their efforts that positively impacted your stay. I can assure you that your very nice feedback will be shared among the team shortly.

Seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We came from South Korea for our first time to Sydney for a family wedding. We were welcome very friendly by reception staffs. Check in was very quick, reception staff was very helpful with map and showing good location for sights and nice places to eat!! Reception was nice and always say hi when we go or come back to room.

We stayed in 2 bedroom apartment. The room is very big and spacious with balcony. 2 rooms have T.v and one T.v in living room! Wow! Kitchen is very big and very clean...

Everything in city is near. Darling harbour, China town, Shopping and Opera house.

I hope I can stay here next time...Thank you for great service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jiyeon L,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.

Medina Grand Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!