“Great hotel and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Kent & Bathurst Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Sydney)   |
Ranked #24 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Australia
“Great hotel and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment with Darling Harbour views and felt so at home. We saved money by self catering for breakfast, a local mini super market on street level and large Woolworth's store a block away for cheaper supplies. We also saved on transport because of ideal location, Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, shops, restaurants and theatres. I'd recommend this hotel for business travellers and tourists too - loved it!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise and Darling Harbour view room had a small balcony, great to si...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
APILARSKI, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Kar01,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience, also because of our hotel.
I'm also very pleased that you have found our hotel to be so well maintained, comfortable and in a great location.
We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be as enjoyable as the one that you have described above.
I wanted to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay in the Medina for 4 nights with 2 kids, had a 2 room apartment which was fantastic, absoluty huge, 2 bathrooms, comfortable beds, washing machine and dryer and a full kitchen. Very close to everything, 10 min walk to Darling Harbour and Town Hall train station which took you everywhere just 2 mins up the road.
Friendly staff, very helpful....highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear kiwiloren,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your recent stay at the Medina Grand Sydney.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. I'm also very happy to see that our entire front office team is recognised for their efforts that positively impacted your stay. I can assure you that your very nice feedback will be shared among the team shortly.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We came from South Korea for our first time to Sydney for a family wedding. We were welcome very friendly by reception staffs. Check in was very quick, reception staff was very helpful with map and showing good location for sights and nice places to eat!! Reception was nice and always say hi when we go or come back to room.

We stayed in 2 bedroom apartment. The room is very big and spacious with balcony. 2 rooms have T.v and one T.v in living room! Wow! Kitchen is very big and very clean...

Everything in city is near. Darling harbour, China town, Shopping and Opera house.

I hope I can stay here next time...Thank you for great service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jiyeon L,

I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged both our team and the facilities in such a nice way. On behalf of the team members, thank you. I know our entire team will be delighted about your feedback and will strive to achieve similar outcomes soon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel again.
Newborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very happy with our hotel room. Clean and adequate size. Great location, so central to everything. We walked every where, it was about 15 mins to Circular Quay and 5 mins to Darling Harbour. There was a train station just up the road. The staff were all very friendly and the cafe downstairs had reasonable prices and great food for breakfast. Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Christine13_8,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback, so detailed feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our team to be helpful. I also thank you for your comments on our rooms and location and that you have found Medina Grand Sydney to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained. We are glad that your family holiday was such a pleasurable experience at our hotel.
Also, we are very happy to see a great feedback on our newly opened cafe. Thank you.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Having lived in Sydney for 3 years, we were just returning for a couple of nights. Medina offers a very comofrtable stay right in the heart of the CBD, walking distance to major shops, restartants and attractions. Very clean room with most welcome balcony. Staff very courteous and professional.

They lose a star for $25 wifi access. I'm sorry, but if I can get it for free in every starbucks for the price of a tall latte, then I expect it to be included in my $220 apartment stay. These hotel-apartment style places are going to start losing out unless the wifi issue is addressed. Overall very good though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Irish2002,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. We are all very happy to see that you have found our hotel to be comfortable, well positioned and maintained and that you have enjoyed your stay. We have noted your comments regarding internet charges. I wanted to assure you that I will pass your comments on to the internet provider for Medina Grand Sydney. I do however apologise for this part of your hotel experience on their behalf.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We arrived at 10 am tired and jetlagged after a 20 hour flight from the UK. We were told we could not check in to our apartments until 2pm-fair enough but we could have been offered use of the gym showers and the swimming pool. Instead, although we were able to leave our cases, we then had to tramp around Sydney for four hours-not pleasant when you are tired and in need of a wash!

The apartment was very nice and well-equipped although the windows appeared to havnever been cleaned.

Our room was frequently not made up and often it was just skimmed over-sporadic service to say the least.

Most of the staff on the front desk except for Andy, were unhelpful, disinterested and downright aggressive at times.

Excellent location-rotten service!

Room Tip: Try to get one that faces the harbour
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bea_K186223,

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I am very happy to see that you have found the hotel and its rooms comfortable and well positioned. I'm sorry to see that we have not always met your expectations however. I can assure you that this is not the standard myself and the team aim for. Team should most definitely advise you of all options that guests have and take advantage of should their room be unavailable at the time of arrival. I'm sorry that we have not provided you with the options. I discussed this problem with our entire team to ensure that we improve our early check in processes immediately.
I have also discussed all housekeeping issues with the relevant department.
I wanted to thank you again for your feedback. We will be very happy to welcome you at the hotel again and will endeavour to ensure that your next visit will be much more enjoyable to the one described above.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would like to congratulate your team & also to thank them. I have been staying, quite regularly, at Media Grand Sydney & have found the experience very pleasurable & professional. I have always felt safe, comfortable & respected. The reason I am compelled to right to you is in recognition of your staff. I have found them to be warm, welcoming & more importantly sincere. I have stayed at other hotels in the city & while I have no complaints I have felt a very false curtsey, which is distant & sometimes overdone. Being away from home for lengthy periods I guess someone actually human is nice. I would like to specifically mention Andy from reception & the young lady with the beautiful smile & round face who I meet sometimes cleaning the lift or at the pool (sorry I don’t know her name). The facility is very adequate but the staff are awesome. I look forward to my next stay in sydney, Lyn

Room Tip: View from rooms with semicircular windows is awesome
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lyn J,

Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. We are all very happy that your visit to Sydney was such a great experience.I'm also very pleased that you have acknowledged our team member in this way. I will make sure that our entire team will get to celebrate Andy's and Tanjina's success in style. We are very proud and happy for them. I will personally share your comments with all departments. Feedback like yours makes us very proud.

Medina Grand Sydney

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!