“comfortable, convenient, relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Shelley St | King Street Wharf, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Harbourside)   |
Ranked #17 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Australia
“comfortable, convenient, relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had a business trip and ended our weekend in this clean, modern hotel. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which had all the modern amenities including a washing machine, kitchen with a dishwasher. There was a nice small lounge where we were able to watch TV and relax and a separate bedroom.
Our room only gave us a limited view of the harbour, but I expect if you had booked a larger room, one would have gotten a better view.
It was clean. practical, but not luxurious.
The bed was a standard queen bed with standard linen and the towels were adequate.
All in all, it was very practical. It would have been nice to have a few extra touches, such as larger fluffier towels, a softening of the bedrooms. It was just all so practical.
One thing that was a minor, but quite important to me was the very inadequate hairdryer. It was functional, but barely did its job.
Location could not be faulted. It was right on the harbour side so getting around sydney was very easy. Most places were within walking distance and the front desk was very helpful.
I enjoyed the complimentary newspapers and magazines.
I would go again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear ML320Australia,
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and found the apartment practical. Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board and also have asked our maintenance department to check all our hair dryers to ensure they are all working to their full potential.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Loved everything about this hotel! Incredible location, super helpful staff (Rebecca), and great rooms. We'll def be back, and highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Shawn A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I am pleased that you found the team including Rebecca helpful and the location of the hotel and the rooms perfect for your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed here in October with my boyfriend and loved it. The rooms and location were excellent and the staff were very friendly. I have nothing but good things to say, we thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would love to come back next time we are in Sydney.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear vanessajeffriess,

The team at Medina Grand Harbourside is delighted to read that you found the rooms and location excellent and the staff friendly during your recent stay with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Medina Grand Harbourside in the near future.
gold coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We recently stayed at the Medina grand harbourside in a premier grand studio room. Before making our booking i researched a few hotels in the area, comparing price, size of room, location etc. I had read the other reviews on trip advisor and did have a few concerns but we decided to book and had our fingers crossed it would be okay! Im glad to say we had no regrets. The room was lovely and spacious with kitchenette, balcony, nice bathroom and large living area. Our room faced out over the aquarium side and we had views of the harbour. For what you pay in Sydney for accomodation it is quite good considering the location and size of rooms where as many other hotels in Sydney are like shoe boxes without a balcony for the same price. Where the hotel is located is in walking distance to everything! 2min walk to some great restaurants along Darling harbour, 10min walk to QVB and Pitt St mall for the best shopping and the ferry stop is right outside for catching a ferry around to The rocks and Opera house. I do agree however with some of the other reviews on here about the housekeeping being a bit slack. We returned after a day out to find new towels but that was where it stopped. Nothing else had been done and the bed was left unmade. I was thinking because it was a serviced appartment that it would be done but anyway it was quickly resolved and front desk staff got it all sorted out. My tips if you are thinking of staying here would be to do your research on the type of room you want because a "studio room' is not the same as a "premier studio room" and one side of the hotel is harbour and aquarium views where as the otherside is motorway. All rooms have double glazing tho so you never hear any noise from the road anyway. We were happy with our stay and all requests for the type of room we wanted were met. We just loved the area and will be back. Happy travels!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear cbgoldcoast,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Medina Grand Harbourside. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the added space that the premier grand studio provides and that you found the location of the hotel perfect to explore Sydney either by foot or by public transport.

In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping department to improve our overall guest experience as your room should be serviced daily unless otherwise requested, but I am glad that once you had reported this to reception it was resolved quickly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Harbourside sometime in the future.
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I always enjoy this hotel and other Medinas, because of position, size, facilities, but managers please get your staff to log wake up calls. The lady at reception wrote down my request- but it never happened. I had an early flight and I always think what if my cell phone crashes !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Saffy55151
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed our location, space and facilities. In relation to the point you have raised, please be assured I have shared your feedback with the reception team and stressed the importance of recording and logging wake up calls correctly in our wake up call system. If you would like to discuss any part of your stay further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Qld, Oz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Having read a few negative reviews I was in two minds about whether or not to stay here, but gave it a go due to the location - which is brilliant - and was very pleasantly surprised wth my overall experience.

Reception staff were friendly and checked me in promptly, I also experienced very good service on check out, and there was no problem storing my luggage for a few hours. I never had to wait more than 1 minute to flag down a taxi from the front of the hotel as they're continuously driving past, but you can also get to the train within a couple of minutes walk.

I'd read there was a convenience store and bottle shop nearby so asked for directions to these - they're literally next door to one exit from the hotel which is very handy. There are heaps of bars & restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel, but as it was pouring with rain & cold during my stay, I decided to make use of the kitchen in my studio room.

The studio room was great and had heaps of space, plus flat sceen TV in the lounge room & bedroom, oven, hotplates, full size fridge & microwave in the kitchen, balcony overlooking Wildlife World, and a good size bathroom with a shower over the bath & washing machine & dryer tucked away in a cupboard. It was also very clean and in good condition. The bedroom's separated by Japanese style sliding screens which use the space quite cleverly, and although it wasn't the comfiest bed in the world, it wasn't too bad and I had no noise issues.

Overall I thought the hotel was very good value for money and I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend a Studio Room, I think they've been refurbed, and are good value/size.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Islandgirl44_9,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. The team at Medina Grand Harbourside was pleased to read that you found the location of the hotel with the facilities and space of the premier grand studio perfect for your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Harbourside in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

My partner and I were really excited about this stay but were sadly let down. First the positives, location - amazing, worth the price you pay. I wouldn't however splash out on a 'room with a view' because you wot really get one. We had a grand premier suite which was lovely, spacious and confortable. The night
Reception were pleasant and helpful. But the negatives... Day time reception staff were rude and a little snotty, seemed like a chore to have to greet us. But the big negative was the room service. These rooms are serviced apartments. We left our little card in the door and the card on the pillow plus the towels in the bath, as you are requested to do for the room to be serviced. We returned at 10pm to two folded towels in the bathroom and the bed unmade, messier than we left it. Our pillows were on the floor and the sheets not even tucked in and cornered. This hotel is supposed to be reputable. It put a horrible dampner on our overall experience, having spent $200+ on our room and then having to make the bed and straighten up the living room.

• Stayed July 2011
MGHS, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear HolsandG,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback and I am delighted you found our location perfect and the premier grand studio, lovely, spacious and comfortable.
I am sorry to read that you found some of the reception team less welcoming than the rest of the team, I will share your feedback with the whole team, as our customer service is something we pride ourselves on and normally get complimentary feedback for at Medina Grand Harbourside so I am sorry you did not have a positive experience with every team member.
In relation to the room servicing, I addressed this with the team member involved the following day after you had reported this to reception, please be assured this is not a common occurrence. I have also shared your feedback with the entire housekeeping team to improve our overall guest experience.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Harbourside? Share your experiences!