“Convenient location, comfortable room but don't expect a view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Lee Street | Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #39 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient location, comfortable room but don't expect a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our room was good size, larger than many hotel rooms in the city and quite well appointed with a bar fridge, sink, cutlery etc. Bed was comfortable but a bit cramped for space on one side being too close to the wall. We just moved the bedside table to get adequate space. The bathroom was a bit tired but well functioning.

Its in a great location with a major bus terminal right outside the door and the main Sydney train station two minutes walk. Taxis were plentiful. Despite all this activity we hardly heard any noise in our room. Good night's sleep!!! If you have your car, parking is available on site for $30.

Nearby restaurants will deliver to the rooms and a Breakfast pack can be purchased at reception. My recommendation for Breakfast or Dinner is one of the many nearby restaurants or cafes.

Excellent location when visiting sydney, we'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Stevejomac,

The team at Adina Apartment Hotel are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central and thank you for taking the time to provide us with great feedback.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Medina for a week of the New Year.

Firstly, the staff were very rude! We had no help with our bags and were just given a key for the lift which was not programmed correctly.

Secondly, the apartment room that we stayed in was very run down ... the windown handles were all broken off, the paint was faded and there dishwasher was leaking (when we told reception about this they just put a towel down which made the room smell damp).

Thirdly, we checked out 3rd January and have still not received our $100 bond back. I contacted the hotel on several occasions and spoke to the manager who informed me he could not do anything and hung up twice! I then spoke to another manager (4th time on the phone to the hotel), who apologised but also informed me that he could not do anything and the matter was with the bank. I checked with my bank and they informed me the hotel have to contact their relationship manager who will sort this out .... this is still going on so we will seem!

I would never recommend this hotel, in fact if you would like to stay in a nice, friendly hotel do not stay here!

The only one good thing about the hotel was the location ... but 1 good against 10 bad is not worth it. I am very diappointed that I have to write a review like this as I like to give great reviews when they have been earnt.

Medina .... Or Adina as you are now known you need to sort these issues out!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
Dear Very D,

Thank you for posting the comments regarding your stay at the Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
I have noted your comments in regards to the service at the hotel and wanted to assure you that this feedback has been passed onto the relevant department for review.

In regards to the credit card pre authorisation of $100 I am sorry to read that the temporary authorisation on the card took a while to clear from your banks system. I am pleased to hear though, that this issue has been resolved.

Please let me know when you are back in town as I would like to welcome you back to the hotel and to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.

Regards,

Canowindra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I attended the KFC T20 Australia Day cricket last night and had just the nicest, central accommodation at the Medina. We arrived at Central Station and walked across the road to our hotel. how easy was that?! We were early and our room was not quite ready so stored our bags and went for a stroll through The Hay Markets and received a phone call when our room was available. On return we found our bags in our room with a complimentary bottle of champagne. We were starting to feel like royalty! And we had a spacious 1 bedroom apartment!! We had a most comfortable stay and felt very special. A BIG thank you to the manager and staff :)

Room Tip: Choose the 1 bedroom apartment
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Maths,

Camden, NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here in March 2012 & will be returning again soon. I found from the moment I made the booking, the service was quick & frindly with Q's answered willingly. When I arrived we were greated quickly & again with friendliness & directed to carparking.

I must say that when I arrived & saw the location I thought that it would be a noisy place to stay but once inside those fears were alayed. The room was very quiet. We stayed in a one BR apartment @ the back of the hotel & would have to say they were clean & everything was in working order.

I'm looking forward to my return visit & this time am tryng out the 1BR loft apartments.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear WantTOTravelM0re,

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here in January for a one night stay to see a concert at the Entertainment Centre which is a 10 min stroll away. I was surprised to have such a spacious apartment with kitchen, full size fridge and lounge area considering the $150 a night price. My room was on the fifth floor and faced Lee St and was quiet. Air con seemed more than adequate, although the night was not overly hot. Easy access to Central Station and a 10-15 min walk to Darling Harbour. The only downside was the shower which almost required a step to get in and out, and I'm no shorty! Overall very good and I will be back if I want to stay in that area of town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MedinaSydCentral, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear momo111,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

the location is excellent....bang opposite the CENTRAL station. It is around 20-25 minute walk to DARLING harbour and the worst part is that there is no BUS or train from Central station to Darling Harbour. You can train the Monorail but it would cost you extra since travel in monorail is not included in the weekly passes.

The apartment is a bit small in size

Room Tip: the rooms are small...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear GAURAV456,

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Spent 6 nights here between Christmas and New Year in a one bed apt. Very spacious, well furnished with everything you would need during your stay. Unlike other hotels we have stayed in the bed was very comfortable enabling a good nights sleep in what we thought would be a noisy location due to the train station and backpackers hostel but it was surprisingly very quiet, even being next to a busy road too.. Staff were very helpful should we of needed anything. Location - well lets just say you could get anywhere from here. Train station nearby to get you around and we found the hotel an ideal place to stay for doing just that. We only used one nearby eating place that the backpackers seemed to use called the Side Bar, corner of Pitt Street, prices very reasonable for a lovely meal. Will definately recommend a stay at the Medina Executive Central.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dee K,

Hotel Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney, Central? Share your experiences!