We stayed on a Saturday in Feb 2013 for only 1 night.
Overall, i'd only stay again if it were for a long stay in which you can take advantages of the facilities to cook and wash.
+ Location! Right in the middle of the CBD. Walking distance to both CQ and shopping malls. Right outside Martin Place train station.
+ Early and easy checkin
+ Very quiet at night (Perhaps because we were there on the weekend so no trucks).
+ Accommodated our request for 2 single beds
+ Comfortable and clean beds. Slept really well.
+ Kitchen/washing facilities etc, so really good for long stays!!
- THE SMELL. Our room had a bad smell, we had to open our balcony door to get some relief - but we were opening on to a dirty lane with rubbish. The hallways stunk even more. Each time we re-entered the hallways from the lift, the smell would smack us in the face.
- Down a lane/side-street. View of rubbish and office windows.
- Unfriendly counter staff. Each time we would leave or return to the hotel, the staff member didn't ONCE look up from his desk/computer. Very rude.
- Bath/Shower combo thing. Quite high to step in/out for someone short like me. It was dirty on arrival with hairs in the tub.
- Free internet in 'Public Areas'.... the only public area was the bathroom-sized hotel foyer.
- Balcony seemed like a waste of space. It is huge, but I can't imagine anyone would use it, besides for smoking, because of what it looks out on. Good for "air" though, I guess, since the rest of the hotel seems devoid of fresh air.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Toga Hotels, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney
- Medina Classic Martin Place Sydney