Stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment while dealing with family medical matters. Okay - let's get the bad news over with up front. Housekeeping is pretty shoddy. Broken stuff, and while not dirty - not as clean as it should be, including a few surfaces that hadn't seen the side of a dusting cloth in a very long time so there was a bit of a dingy/grimy feel to the place.
But all the usual apartment facilities and as other reviewers have said, friendly and helpful desk staff. Overseas or interstate visitors shouldn't be concerned about the location - it's right in the middle of the city and lots of folks around at almost all times of night. The laneway was a bit noisy in the early morning with rubbish trucks coming and going but earplugs fixed that.
Weirdest "shower-bath" I have ever seen and for a small person like me it was incredibly difficult to first of all step up and over and then down into this very deep space. Anyone without good flexibility and steadiness should avoid any of the rooms with that kind of shower arrangement.
A good place to eat is the old general post office - the GPO - at 1 Martin Place round the corner - its a very upmarket food court with great pizza, tapas, sushi, and more, as well as restaurants; I've never had a bad feed there.
Overall good location for city activities and transport and reasonable value - but a lot more care with housekeeping is needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartment Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Toga Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medina Classic Martin Place Hotel Sydney
- Medina Classic Martin Place Sydney