We came here on a work cum leisure trip. As we were only here for 3 days, we wanted to make sure that we are within walking distance to most of the local attractions.
Intercontinental Hotel was a gem indeed. It was within walking distance to the Sydney Bridge, Darling Harbour, The Opera House,The Rocks, and Circular Quay.
A mere 3 min of stroll would bring you to the ferry terminal, where you can board the ferries bound for Manly or Bondi.
The Rocks were about a comfortable 20min stroll away, with lovely scenery along the waterfront. Most of the attractions were dotted along the waterfront, and almost every turn, offers a photo opportunity.
The Intercontinental Hotel is very well appointed, and all the rooms were beautifully done up, with lots of local pictures adorning the walls.
I had a lovely Deluxe Room that commanded a lovely view of the central business district, and Museum of Sydney. I had 3 great nights of sleep in the King bed!
The breakfast selection was good, and you can see the effort the F&B staff put in to make your breakfast a fun experience, with at least 4 different types of peanut butter spread!
The egg counter was manned by a very accommodating gentleman who would strive to cook the type of egg dish that you ask for!
The gym was located on one of the higher floors, which commanded an awesome 360 degrees view of the city and Harbour.
I booked myself for a massage, and the expert masseuse kneaded my knots away as I fell into a deep rest. It definitely made my day!
We had a lovely experience here!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning InterContinental Sydney blends contemporary style with 19th century architecture and offers sweeping views from Sydney Harbour Bridge to the Pacific Ocean. A perfect base for work and play, InterContinental Sydney is bordered by the city s commercial centre, Circular Quay and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Steps away is the historic Rocks area, Sydney Opera House, the Art Gallery of NSW, leading shops and boutiques and some of the finest restaurants this Harbour city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.