Stayed 2 nights in a low floor city view room. The rooms/finishing are starting to look their age. Although, the room is designed well. Loved the window seat and good working size desk. The bathroom was functional with a great little window to the living area to allow you to see the TV. (Reinforces earlier comment about design!)
TV screens are now bigger in most hotels.
The front door crew were efficient and professional. Check in/out was smooth.
Room service- wow the prices! Plus a $6 delivery charge. (Should have eaten at Rockpool, it would have been cheaper!!)
They still offer an old fashioned turndown service, only if you request it. What does it mean to be a 5 star these days?
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning InterContinental Sydney blends contemporary style with 19th century architecture and offers sweeping views from Sydney Harbour Bridge to the Pacific Ocean. A perfect base for work and play, InterContinental Sydney is bordered by the city s commercial centre, Circular Quay and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Steps away is the historic Rocks area, Sydney Opera House, the Art Gallery of NSW, leading shops and boutiques and some of the finest restaurants this Harbour city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.