“Great location & super service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Sydney

You added InterContinental Sydney to your Saves list
InterContinental Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Macquarie Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #18 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aberdeen
“Great location & super service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A wonderful start to our holiday with six extremely comfortable nights at the Intercontinental. Standard room with city view provided adequate space for husband, teenager & myself. Fresh decor, super clean, with modern bathroom. Very satisfied with comfort of beds and no noise disturbance.
Check-in was efficient and friendly. We were grateful a room was available when we arrived at 7 am.
Concierge staff were so helpful and cheerful.
We ate in the restaurant on one occasion. It was superb. Despite a rather snooty greeting when we asked for a table, we were served by a charming Hungarian waiter who was attentive and chatted amiably.
Our stay coincided with that of the British & Irish Lions, this could have created pandemonium but I think it's a credit to all the staff that standards were maintained and the hotel continued with an air of calm and professionalism.
Location is perfect. Moments from Circular Quay, The Rocks etc.
I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear REALLYMR&MRS,

What a wonderful review, thank you! I was very happy to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and that you were impressed with so many aspects of the hotel, from the quality of the room to the great service I am proud to say all our staff provide.
The stay of the Lions was a very busy time however I am reminded of the high quality of our team here at InterContinental Sydney in the way they looked after all our guests as they do each and every day!

I hope we may have the pleasure of your company for another stay in the future,

Joerg Boeckeler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Yas Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed last 10 days of June for business and leisure . Great room spacious and practical with amazing views on the Botanic gardens . Rooms with harbour bridge should be magnificent (next time) Food in the hotel is great . Overall service is amazing the check in and check out were seamless . The concierge team were great making sure our days are full with in Sydney experiences. Location is the best attribute walking distance from ferries station ,opera house and main shopping and business areas!Thank You for making our Sydney experience memorable.

Stayed June 2013
Dear CPYAS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review!
I am pleased you were able to enjoy an extended stay with us and mix a little pleasure with business as well. Our beautiful city is such a great place for visitors and we are proud to show it off to the rest of the world!
No one knows Sydney like our Amazing Concierge team and I am confident that they would have provided you with some great ways to fill your days.
Our Reception staff are all very good at what they do and it is pleasing to read that you experienced the service they are renowned for.
The view over the Botanic Gardens is indeed a special one and I am pleased you were able to enjoy that each day.

We do hope to welcome you back again next time you are in Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in a fantastic room over looking the harbour. The room was spacious, bed was comfortable and the shower was fantastic. The service was great, and the proximity to Circular Quay was a 2 minute walk away. It can be costly, but through our travels in Sydney and surrounds you generally get what you pay for. The only negative was the temperature of the pool, freezing for winter stays! :)

Room Tip: Anything with a view is recommended.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CLUBCOLE,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read that you had a very pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed your time in Sydney as well.
We are certainly conveniently located to all the things visitors must see and do whilst they are in Sydney and we are proud to be able to boast some of the most amazing views in the city and the world!
I have passed your feedback on about the swimming pool temperature to our Chief Engineer and thank you for your comments about this.

I do hope we can welcome you back to InterContinental Sydney very soon.

Frontenac, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was very happy with my stay. I was here for pleasure but I would stay for business as well. Very accommodating and friendly. The concierge staff is awesome, the beds were comfy and the breakfast buffet is delicious. Finally, you can't beat the location. Our room overlooked the Sydney bridge and harbor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear GBug38,

I am so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at InterContinental Sydney!
Reading your review was delightful and I must say, we do have a fantastic and dedicated Concierge team who really know their city! The view from your room as well is definitely one of the most unique and special in the world!
Your favourable comments about the quality of the bed and breakfast buffet has been shared with our team also and I thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your positive feedback.
I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!

Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I have not been to Intercontinental for two years but I use to stay there at least once every year it was my favourite hotel I'm Sydney.
But it has change the rooms are tired and so is the staff.
If you eat or drink in the hotel make sure you get a copy of your bill because it will be wrong if you pay crash they will try to charge you again to your room.
Room temperature is set by the hotel the controls in the room are not connected. When I complain of the cold temp a maintenance staff came to check and told me that he had increase the temp by his computer.
But they decrease the temp on the middle of the night when your suppose to been at sleep and increase the temp at around 8 am.
This the Intercon I expect better from this hotel and it use to be one of the top hotels in Sydney.

• Stayed July 2013
Interconsydney, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mardyfantasy,

I was very disappointed to learn of the less than positive experience you had during your recent stay with us and I am very sorry for the issues you described.
I do hope you have received our private message in order to obtain more details of your stay.

Kind regards,

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night following a 2 week cruise and was very impressed. We arrived to check in at 9am and the reception staff were very helpful in securing us a room as soon as possible. The rooms are huge and the beds comfortable. Perfect location for Circular Quay, Westfield Centrepoint and the Rocks. There was a little issue with our bill on check out which turned out to be our fault but this was resolved very quickly and with extreme professionalism and understanding from the staff. Would definitely stay again, hopefully for longer!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear LaurenMc92,

It was great to read your review of your stay at InterContinental Sydney. I am pleased we were able to accommodate you upon your early arrival. Our Reception staff are all very helpful and friendly and I am glad you had the chance to experience their hospitality of which we are very proud.
I am happy to hear that your minor issue was resolved at the time of check out and am sorry if there was any inconvenience caused by this.
I hope we are able to welcome you back again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Sometimes when a reward night is redeemed, it can be fraught with problems. Not at the Intercontinental however.......my treatment from check in to check out was nothing short of amazing. Other Hotels could learn so much! I had room service dinner, great room on the 25th floor, great office space and comfortable bed. They will continue to get my business.

Room Tip: Just stay here!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear gerldq,

Thank you for your very pleasing review.
I am extremely happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are very proud to have colleagues who are exceptional Ambassadors for our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Joerg Boeckeler

Been to InterContinental Sydney? Share your experiences!