We stayed at the Intercontinental for a 5 day break in February 2013, our second visit.
We used the limo service and were impressed by that service.
The check in was very good, our daughter was to check in the next day and Kate managed to arrange that our daughter would be on the same floor and not too far away from us.
The next day our daughter checked in with someone who had "manager" in his title, and he was most stroppy with us when we suggested that we may know what her room number would be!
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel due to the cost - over the top is an understatement.
The intercontinental doesn't have free internet either, so coffee breaks were at Starbucks!
To sum up -- good location - good views -- very good junior staff -- some of more senior staff forget that customer service means respecting the customer, and not being full of their own self importance.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel
- Sydney Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning InterContinental Sydney blends contemporary style with 19th century architecture and offers sweeping views from Sydney Harbour Bridge to the Pacific Ocean. A perfect base for work and play, InterContinental Sydney is bordered by the city s commercial centre, Circular Quay and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Steps away is the historic Rocks area, Sydney Opera House, the Art Gallery of NSW, leading shops and boutiques and some of the finest restaurants this Harbour city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.