I stayed for 2 nights in a King Eastern Harbour view room. The room was very nicely appointed and very spacious. There was plenty of hanging and storage space. The room has a nice windown seat which provides a nice place to relax and enjoy the harbour and Botannical Garden views. The bed was very comfortable with nice linen and a choice of pillows available. I found the bathroom to be a disappointment as it is here that the hotel shows its age. It was small, although very clean. The bathtub being an older style was really too small to use as a bath tub and the shower was over the bath. There was definitely no sense of indulgence or luxury about the bathroom.
My room overlooked the Cahill Expressway and the road traffic was quite noisy. In addition to this there was a band playing somewhere in the hotel which was quite audible from my room.
I ordered room service and the quality of the meal was very good, if a little expensive. Breakfast in Cafe Opera offered an extensive range and the staff were unobstrusive, but helpful.
All my Ambassador entitlements were provided by the hotel. On checkout there were a couple of errors on the bill, however these were quickly rectified.
I would certainly recommend this hotel for its quality and location in Sydney and I will certainly return on my next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel
- Intercontinental Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning InterContinental Sydney blends contemporary style with 19th century architecture and offers sweeping views from Sydney Harbour Bridge to the Pacific Ocean. A perfect base for work and play, InterContinental Sydney is bordered by the city s commercial centre, Circular Quay and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Steps away is the historic Rocks area, Sydney Opera House, the Art Gallery of NSW, leading shops and boutiques and some of the finest restaurants this Harbour city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.