“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Inn

Save Saved
You added Hyde Park Inn to your Saves list
Hyde Park Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   271 Elizabeth St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #30 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Ballarat, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Don't hire a car if you are staying here. Directly opposite Museum railway station and within walking distance to the city and Darling Harbour. Also walking distance to monorail station and bus stop half a block away.
My booking was mucked up at check in and wasn't happy with the way it was handled. It was sorted out in the end, but only after I asked several times. Once that was sorted there was no problems though.
Wouldn't rely on the continental breakfast to get you through until lunchtime either. We used it as a snack before heading down to Darling Harbour to get something more substantial.
Room was clean and great. Great view into Hyde Park. Definitely ask for a room on the Park side. Other friends didn't and had no natural light into their room at all - not a problem if you are only using it to sleep though.
Would definitely stay here again purely for the ease of location.

Room Tip: Ask for park view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I made the mistake of renting a car, but this hotel was so well located that we didn't use it for 4/6 days (could've skipped it for all days). Luckily we had a reserved parking space with our suite.

Loved the two bedroom suite, loved the view, really appreciated the free continental breakfast. Laundry facilities onsite. Nice to have the kitchen, fantastic living room. Overall a great place for families!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are a family of five and stayed in a deluxe family room for two nights. It’s hard to find a good hotel that can put us in together without having to book two rooms. Our room was on the top floor and had a great view over Hyde Park and the harbour. It was very clean with a modern bathroom, good TV and air-conditioning. The free city shuttle bus that stops nearby made it easy to get to all the tourist spots although we chose to walk most of the time as everything is quite close. Short walk to Darling Harbour, George Street Sydney Tower and City shopping. Fifteen minute walk to Circular Quay, Opera House and the Domain. The hotels great location makes it easy to travel around the City, Kings cross, Bondi and the airport. The reception staff were all friendly and helpful and allowed us to store our bags at the hotel after we checked out at no cost. They organised an airport shuttle to pick us up later in the day which worked out better than a taxi. Housekeeping staff were very good and the daily newspaper left outside our door each morning was a very nice touch. Double glazed windows reduced the traffic noise at night and we slept soundly on very comfortable beds. The kitchenette was well equipped and shopping at the nearby Coles meant we didn’t have to eat out all the time. I would definitely stay at the Hyde Park Inn again.

Room Tip: A very central location,no need for a hire car.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vero Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently completed my fourth stay at the Hyde Park Inn (30 December-13 January 2013). This is still my number one choice for hotel while visiting Sydney. Coming from the US means getting into Sydney early morning and though my room wasn't ready, I was offered a place to leave my luggage and even a call when my room was ready (no cell phone for me so I was given an estimated time for the room to be ready). I set out to get some breakfast and to walk around a bit while waiting for my room. A couple of hours later I returned to the hotel and my room was ready, with my luggage already brought up. I go for a deluxe room with a balcony overlooking Hyde Park. The room is a great size and I appreicate the kitchenette with stove top. The waterfall showerhead is wonderful and the water pressure is great. I wanted to take the duvet home with me, so cozy. I like having a chair to sit on instead of the bed while kicking back in the room. The views of Hyde Park are awesome and you can see a bit of Wooloomooloo wharf from the higher floor rooms. The service has always been excellent. Everyone I ran into was friendly. One day I was in the elevator with the man who was delivering the breakfast foods and asked if I could switch out my Just Right cereal for something else, he was more than happy to get me a box of Coco Pops. The walk to the Circular Quay area is about 20 minutes, depending on pace. I have used the free 555 bus but it doesn't run until 9:30am. The Museum train station is right across the street. Darling Harbour is a very easy walk downhill, though remember, it's uphill after a long day out. I've stayed here two visits over New Year's Eve and the rates are very reasonable, even over that holiday period. I recommend the Hyde Park Inn to anyone I hear is visiting Sydney.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Buninyong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe family room for two nights to explore Sydney with a grand-daughter aged 11. Being opposite Museum Station made it so much easier to get around. It was a short train trip from the airport and only two train stops to Circular Quay. Continental breakfast was provided each day and we were able to top it up with fresh fruit and yoghurt from a 7-eleven three doors away. The room wasn't large but it was pleasant and perfectly functional with a small kitchen and dining area. There were also comfy chairs and an ottoman.
It was lovely to be able to look out at Hyde Park. Surprisingly there was no traffic noise at night (Friday & Saturday) and we slept soundly on very comfortable beds.
Front desk staff, cleaning staff and housekeeping staff were all friendly and helpful. We arrived early and were able to get into our room within ten minutes to unpack which was a bonus, then on the last day we were able to leave our bags in a cloak room until the time of our flight.

Room Tip: The view of the park was great but, as it faces east, you need to shut the blinds and curtain if you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Devon,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Spent 5 nights here to explore the city. The location is convenient. We got the train from the airport, just took the green line and got off at Museum station. The hotel is opposite the station. We booked a deluxe studio with balcony. I was a bit concerned as the room overlooked the main road and the park, but actually, with the air conditioning on, the road noise was not a problem at all. We were told there was renovation work going on, but the only thing we ever saw was a couple of workmen in the lift one day - no noise disturbance at all.
The room was very spacious with two king beds, table and chairs as well as arm chairs. The bathroom was fine. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen area fairly well equipped for basic catering.
When looking for somewhere to stay, we looked for somewhere that included breakfast. The thing they do here is put milk, a couple of slices of bread, butter, jams, cereal in the fridge for you to make yourself. It worked very well and was more than adequate to start the day with!
There is a free shuttle bus which does a circular route around the city, and one of the stops is near the hotel which is very convenient.
It takes about 20 minutes (fairly fast walking) to walk to Circular Quay and about 10 minutes to walk to Darling Harbour.
We found the staff at the front desk helpful.
The only really negative thing to say is that there was no free wifi.
We found it a good base for our time exploring Sydney, and would stay again if we ever come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I have previously stayed ay the Hyde Park Inn and booked it once again as our choice for an escape.
It is perfectly located and a short distance walk to Oxford Street, China Town, George Street and Darling Harbour.
There are bus stops just up the road and one marked #555 is free and a great way to get to Circular Quay.
We have stayed on the 15 floor before but this time we were on the 13th floor, same spectacular views over Hyde Park and views to the Harbour.

Rooms are clean and tastefully decorated (recently renovated). Parking is a block away and free.
Easy and pleasant check in and check out.
Once again the Hyde Park Inn was perfect for our 4 days stay and we will be back and will keep on recommending it.

Room Tip: Higher floors over 12 floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyde Park Inn? Share your experiences!