“Conveniently located hotel in the heart of Sydney CBD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Inn

You added Hyde Park Inn to your Saves list
Hyde Park Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   271 Elizabeth St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #33 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Singapore
“Conveniently located hotel in the heart of Sydney CBD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hyde Park Inn is conveniently located opposite the Museum station in the heart of downtown Sydney, just a stone's throw from the CBD and Darling Harbour. The room that I had was spacious with two double beds. Continental breakfast is included and placed in the refrigerator everyday. It is a perfect place to stay for both business and leisure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights at Hyde Park Inn. A truly lovely inn indeed. Upon opening the room it felt like a home away from home. Checking in was a breeze, upon opening the door I did frown just a little upon seeing the carperted flooring but my eyes brightened upon seeing the tiled floor of the kitchenette. (Less dust you see!) The bathroom was spotlessly clean and so was the beds and sheets. It was truly a homey place, with a beautiful Hyde Park view from my balcony and I could even see the beautiful St Marys Cathedral from there. An exit leading to Museum Station lay directly across the road! The continental breakfast located in the little fridge was a very nice touch! Room was uber clean and tidy. My friend and I always sighed with relief upon coming back to our room, truly felt like coming home. Thanks for an absolutely wonderful stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was the second time I stayed at the Hyde Park and this time I got a refurbished room which is a significant improvement. Bathroom is compact but modern and well done - good shower! Comfortable bed - double and a single in the room and the kitchenette handy with a microwave. Didn't use the internet and in this day and age I think the internet in hotels should now be built into the room rate. What some hotels charge, and I don't know what it is here, is outrageous and if you you target the business market, then it really should be free (build it into the room rate).
The room was on the 2nd floor which I thought would be noisy with the traffic on Elizabeth Street but in fact it did not worry me at all.
The reception staff were efficient but were certainly not particularly customer friendly and that's a pity because the hospitality business is not just about facilities, it is also about customer care. I am going back in 2 weeks, maybe I will get a friendlier reception!!
All up, not 5 star, but an excellent, convenient location in the Sydney CBD, comfortable and good value for money.

Wilton NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have stayed here several times, newly refurbished. Parking , continental breakfast included. Very helpful and friendly staff. So convenient located for all city attractions and close to free bus, train to airport. Lots of restaurants close by and opposite Hyde Park, water views and city buildings lit at night quite lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper levels give better views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed there last year in a room with 3 single beds. It was great. This year rang up to make a booking specifically requested 3 single beds. Told the person that we had stayed last year and were very happy there that is why we decided to stay there again. She pulled up my booking from last year with all the details and rebooked us for this year.
When we arrived, our room had a double bed and 1 single. We rang down to reception to be told we must have booked the wrong thing. When we explained how we booked the room by phone and actually told someone that we wanted 3 single beds, he replied that he didn't like our attitude. We had to push to get a rollaway bed (which was very uncomfortable). When the rollaway bed was brought up, the person who rolled it up didn't even as much as say hello. No one apologised for the error for which they were at fault. Had they apologised, and offered us the rollaway withouth us having to ask, and without the attitude, there wouldn't have been a problem. We will not be staying there again, we understand mistakes are made, but the rudeness of the staff was completely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Narrabri, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Hyde Park Inn at least once a year for over ten years. I must say that i have always recommended these apartments to my colleagues and family. However on my recent visit i was so disappointed, as it appeared to me that the only thing that was done in the room was a change of linen. The entry floor and bathroom floor had a lot of hair all over it, the mirrors on the closet were very dirty, finger marks and slimy marks, the dining table was covered in breadcrumbs and the cupboard in the kitchen where the bin is kept had stains all around the bin. I phoned reception and a lovely young lady came and cleaned the floors with a vacuum, i showed her the rest of the room as well. The evening manager phoned and assured me that the room would be spick and span the next day, obviously no one checked the room as it remained the same, (i even pulled up the bedclothes before i left in the morning as i always do.) I complained again . Very disappointing to say the least, must have new cleaning staff,....the reception team very delightful, shame about the cleanliness of the room. This is a great spot and close to almost everything.

Ballarat Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I recently attended a conference and needed accommodation for a colleague and also for myself and my adult daughters. We were all very impressed with location, decor, the central location (yet was quiet), staff etc. Really couldn't fault it. Would suggest changing the bed covers as this would completely transform the apartment and modernise. Everything else great including the continental breakfast and morning paper. there has evidently been a recent upgrade to the apartments and this was obvious. Was great also to have a balcony as I am smoker. This was appreciated! In the process of coordinating another business trip for September for my husband and his sisters - Hyde Park to be my first point of call from my experience in Sydney only a week ago.

Room Tip: think all rooms overlooked the park - even had an ocean view. Was quiet - perhaps because we were hi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyde Park Inn? Share your experiences!