“Five star prices without the luxuries you would expect.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #25 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
“Five star prices without the luxuries you would expect.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel after deciding we needed a weekend away so didn't mind paying the price of $217 for the night in a "City & partial view of the harbour" room. Our expectations were high due to the expected standard of a 5 star hotel, yet apart from the beautiful foyer and restaurant area (you may as well hand them your wallet for a dinner for two), polite service (was disappointed to be asked for an extra $100 to go towards any minibar purchases, thus after our stay it was returned yet an unexpected
inconvenience),the bed and pillows were soft and luxurious and the natural, earthy smelling toiletries were a pleasant surprise. The room had a city view with a partial glimpse of the harbour bridge if you looked out the corner of the window.. disappointing. The room was quite small as was the bathroom which had a small shower (no rainfall showerhead) and standard size bath with no spa. Everything in the room beside a few coffee, tea and sugar sachets came at a
cost.$10 for a bottle of Figi water and $17.95 per movie purchased to just name a few (I would expect water and cable tv complimentary within a five star hotel so this was very disappointing).Our heater didn't work and at checkout I was not asked by the receptionist whether or not we had enjoyed our stay which was disappointing and an uncaring touch. Overall, this hotel is not full of the luxuries you would expect unless you pay the big bucks

• Stayed June 2014
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear nomie83,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed review. I was disappointed to read of lapses in our service standards, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would welcome any further feedback at david.macklin@fourseasons.com. Do let me know if you choose to return to Four Seasons so I can ensure your stay is a memorable one.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was only in Sydney for 2 days however the Four Seasons was such a great place to stay - perfect location and the all the staff were EXCELLENT! All exceptionally well trained and extremely nice and helpful. No issue was to much and they all went above and beyond to help us out. I will definitely stay there again and tell everyone traveling to Sydney to stay with the Four Seasons - you will not be disappointed. Thank you Four Seasons for such an amazing stay keep up the great work :)

Room Tip: We spent a little extra for a view of the Harbour - great choice :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Relaxing, comfortable 3-night stay at The Rocks end of Sydney CBD, convenient to Circular Quay and most of the city's better features (as opposed to the Central end of George Street or Haymarket) including the Harbour and the Coathanger Esplanade with Dendy Cinema, plenty of fine eateries and of course The Opera House.

Delighted to find out John Cleese has actually wintered here during an Aussie stay. Can see calling it a home away from home with lovely lobby, excellent staff, all the amenities you'd expect from a global icon of elegant lodging. Sadly major construction across the street (200 George St) caused noise and disruption throughout daylight hours.

Of particular note, best pillows I've ever encountered (what were they?!?!?). Inspired me to replace mine. Top notch stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour View room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Karen R,

Thank you for your feedback and so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Our pillows are specially made for Four Seasons and can be purchased for your home through our Concierge department. You can contact them directly at concierge.sydney@fourseasons.com.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the four seasons for 3 nights for my daughters 18th birthday. I could not fault the hotel. The staff were genuinely friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The location is perfect. The King size bed and even the pillows were amazing!!! One of my daughters left her jacket behind and I called the hotel who immediately located the jacket and had it sent to me by express post on that same day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear lenzand1,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful stay and that your jacket was easily found and returned to you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Safe travels,
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My car was damaged in the valet service of this hotel and they have denied responsibility despite the broken part being placed in the vehicle. They have refused to return my follow up calls and emails. I am surprised and disappointed that an otherwise fabulous weekend was ruined. Don't risk it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Georgina,

I was disappointed to read your review, however, I believe our Guest Services Manager has been in contact with you on many occasions regarding this, so I will leave this matter with him as an offline conversation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed at the four seasons for my friends birthday treat and reservations offered complimentary late checkout at 2pm and send a delicious mud cake and hand written card up courtesy of the GM to wish a happy birthday.

The pool area is lovely and tranquil and I felt like I was on holidays...

There were some issues with check out and double charging but was rectified eventually.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: If it is for a special occasion, ask and you shall receive.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brenna P,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed your friend's birthday with us. I'm also pleased that the issues you experienced were easily rectified. We hope we can welcome you back soon for more celebrations.

Wamberal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our baby girl turned 2, save the stress of organising a party we decided to spoilt her with a weekend in Sydney.

As soon as we arrived and checked into our room, our daughter was bouncing with joy and called the hotel her home. She loved the king size bed, and she said the pillows were "amazzzzzing!"

Prefect location, nestled in the heart of The Rocks and within walking distance to The Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Circular Quay.

We came back from a concert held at The Big Top Luna Park to pick up our luggage up, as soon as we walked into the foyer our daughter Sage said "I'm hommmmme!!!"

From the moment we checked in and checked out it was faultless. Thankyou for leaving a lasting impression on our daughter. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Hutties,

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your family stay and that we did much to impress your 2 year old daughter. We hope to see you back soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!