“Excellent but without personality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #27 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Excellent but without personality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is excellent. The room I got was outstanding if you have a view on the opera. The room was very well equipped and the staff members very professional. The room service is good but if you order for a $30 dinner in your room they will charge $15 for the service. Don't use the mini bar, buy own drink before, you will save a lot of money . My room was great but at 6 am in the morning I was disturbed by noise coming from the bathroom of my neibourgh room! What a surprise for an hotel at that price point. In terms of location at Sydney, this hotel is fantastic to discover the town.
Well I will recommend it but you can get better value for money. Try it and give our own advice!

Room Tip: You should ask for a room with view on the opera. Fabulous.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Alain55_13,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.

I'm glad to see that you were pleased with our rooms and staff members. I was concerned to read your comment about our Room Service charges, however, I understand this issue was resolved during your stay. I also believe the noise issue was rectified.

We do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in future.

Kind regards,

2,082 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

list of disappointments:
-tiny rooms
-stale, smoke smelling air
-no water at turn down ($12 for a bottle from the mini bar)
-$35/day for wifi
-2% charge for all payments with credit card

This is a slightly above average business hotel and if I didn't have four seasons expectations, I'd be happy enough with it. I stayed here over a decade ago and remember thinking the hotel wasn't up to four seasons standards then. It seems hotels change brands often in Sydney (there used to be 2 or 3 Ritz's in Sydney, now none) and I had expected this to become something less premium. While this hotel isn't at all up to four seasons standards, it's room prices are also relatively low. Come with low expectations and it's fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Gandaratravels,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment experienced during your stay. Your comments have been taken on board, and will be discussed with the relevant departments.

I would love to further hear your thoughts on our rooms, and would welcome you to email me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

With kind regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Loved this hotel, great location, wonderful staff. We enjoyed staying here for a week while in town for a conference. Walking distance to the ferries, Opera House, and Museum of Contemporary Arts a big plus.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear MazMichel,

Thank you for sharing your review with us, it’s extremely pleasing to read that you had an exceptional stay with us.

We look forward to having you return to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney for another great stay.

Thank you again.

With kind regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

A great luxury hotel in a great location.
Great Interior, with nice swimming pool and spa.
Gym was great too.

I signed for the executive club (for just $AU 70), and that included
1. breakfast (great food, and big variety, with a chef to cook eggs etc) and
2. also internet
3. alcohol and fizzy drinks, and small plates and desserts almost all day

Room Tip: ask for a room with the opera house view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Cons:

This hotel seems old and rooms are very small.
Internet is very expensive and is in addition to the room rate. We paid for the Super Speed internet, however unfortunately the speed was not 'super' at all and we struggled to complete work.
When we had problems with room/internet we had to phone multiple times to get this rectified and this is not consistent with service we have received at other four seasons hotel

Pros

Great Location - easy walking distance of opera house and shopping district.
Great bar with good food and cocktails attached to the hotel
Concierge Desk helpful in planning day trips and evening meals/drinks.

In Summary hotel was ok, however i think you can find better hotels in the same price category and location. Rooms need updating to bring the hotel on par with other services/hotels in chain and communal areas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear SmilieTravels,

Please be assured I have taken your valuable comments on board; and I am also working very closely with our internet provider to rectify these intermittent connection issues and ensure our guests are receiving a hassle-free experience.

I am glad to hear you were pleased with the service from our Concierge and enjoyed our bar. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed in Sydney. the first time we stayed in the quay west apartments with our kids, which are terrific but when we tried to book this time they were full.

The Four Seasons is right next door to the QWA so as we wanted a view of the harbour bridge and Opera house we knew that we would be fine with TFSH.

We asked for a high floor room for the view. I think the hotel has 34 floors and our room was room 3012 on the 30th floor....... Oh my goodness !!!What a view?

When we woke up on the 1st morning, without taking our heads off the pillow, we were treated to the best full view that anyone could want of Sydney Harbour.... The Ferries in Circular Quay, The Opera House, The Harbour Bridge.... the lot!!!
THE NIGHT TIME VIEW WAS JUST AS AMAZING

The view was that good that my wife and I got up early on the 2nd morning to sit and watch the dawn break over Sydney Harbour.... one of those magical moments that well never forget. (especially as the kids wasn't there)..

our room also overlooked the lower rooftop outdoor heated swimming pool area which was a beautiful, clean, quiet and peaceful area in the midst of a busy city.

we chose to eat breakfast in the harbour area on the first morning as there are lots of foodie places and its only about 3 minutes walk ,but on the 2nd morning we ate breakfast in the hotel.
its not the cheapest breakfast, but I think apart from the Park Hyatt in Colorado some years ago..... this is the best all round breakfast we've ever had in a hotel.

We were even serenaded by someone playing a grand piano to us at breakfast.

The checking in and out was very smooth, every one of the staff we met were all extremely courteous and efficient.... the concierge was great and had a very good knowledge of anything we asked them about.

the rooms were spotless and the beds were extremely comfortable and provided a good nights sleep.

If I had to knock the hotel on one thing it was their Wi-Fi.
I am from the UK and need to keep in touch with business and family. Maybe im wrong, but I did expect free Wi-Fi but didn't get it ,and it seemed very expensive to me for 2 nights usage so I went and purchased a Aussie Vodafone sim card which gave me a months usage for the same price as 48 hrs. of the hotel Wi-Fi charges.

I don't know if there is any family rooms or apartments here so it is hard to compare, so as we have stayed with our kids in the Quay West apartments before with them and enjoyed it, we would probably stay there again if we had them with us. However, if we were to come on our own again, we would not need to look elsewhere for a magical hotel experience...
it would be room 3012 at the Sydney Four Seasons Hotel!

Room Tip: Its a bit more money but you wont regret it...ask for a harbour view and higher up the better. we ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you are lucky enough to visit other four seasons hotels, Las Vegas, for example, is hotel will seem old, tired and small. To room looked very dated, and as this was my birthday treat, I was disappointed. One of the stars I give is for location, and the other, sleep quality. This would be a decent hotel if expectations were not based on a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend finding out which rooms have recently been done up, or even better, stay at the Sh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Heli B,

We are very sorry your stay with us was disappointing and we did not create an exceptional experience for you.

We take guest satisfaction very seriously, and I would be most grateful to go through all the feedback you have provided personally. You can contact me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com. I do look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards
Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!