“Old hotel, good services and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #25 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Old hotel, good services and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in quite a while ago for business. It was a brief stay but I like the hotel as despite hotel and room being old and tiring at the time, the service was prompt and great. Hotel room was decent size for Sydney standard offering floor to ceiling window to the Sydney harbour and the iconic Sydney opera house. Great view during sunset!

More into the service quality, I did order some in room dining and it was delivered much prompter than I expected (less than 15 mins). Food tasted

Toiletry used is L'Occitance, same as in all Four Seasons hotels which I like as it is my favorite toiletry brand.

All in all, a good stay. Hope that hotel will invest in a major renovation but can't imagine how much the prices would be after that. Sydney hotels are already way expensive!!

Room Tip: Rooms with view to Sydney Opera House.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (906)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I am something of a fan of the four seasons chain, especially their hotel in Mumbai. This hotel is disappointing for a business travel, a few thoughts from my current trip:
- there is no business centre, for a business traveller that is a big gap in their offer;
- room service menu is very limited and trends towards the overly complicated when I find if I am eating room service it is because I am either working or it is late and generally prefer something relatively simple
- room service was spotty, they got my order wrong which is not something I would generally expect from the four seasons
- rooms are small (this is an old property that has bee rebranded to four seasons), fine for me as I tend to travel on my own but if you were travelling with a lot of luggage it would be a squeeze
- my room was not made up till after 5pm, the coffee tray from 10am being left in the room until it was made up
- generally the service was not quite up to the standards which the four seasons pride itself on
Generally disappointing, if you need to be at the Circular quay end of town I would suggest the Shangri la next door. Alternatively I will go up town and try the Westin next trip about which I have heard good things. Disappointed in the 4Ss this trip

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Full disclosure -I have stayed at the Four Seasons Sydney many years ago when it was still the Regent. I stayed often and it featured as a kind of home away from home. So when I had the chance to stay again, this time as its new identity of a Four Seasons property, I was predisposed to love it. Talk about location location location. For my money, and I know the other hotel players in town, Four Seasons nails the view - harbor, bridge and the Opera House money shot. The rooms ending in 11, from memory, offer the amazing corner situation. Plus, the George Street location allows you access to some of the very best places to chill in Sydney. The Rocks, for street markets, art museums and of course, food & pubs, is vibrant and full of history. This is steps away from the hotel. Cross the street from the hotel and you're at Circular Quay and can catch a ferry to the zoo, to Manley - just get on the water. If you continue on foot from the Quay, you are at the Opera House and into the oh-so beautiful botanical gardens, where you can wander around and discover so many special nooks and crannies. Or, you can just turn right out of the hotel and head up George Street into the CBD and check out the whole Ivy dining experience. As for the hotel itself, loving the remodeled lobby. We enjoyed Grain, with its wood and cowhide chairs and transom windows opening up to the hubub on George Street. Our room was big, particularly by city standards, with that awesome corner view. Get as high a room as you can. And if you want to save a few dollars, ask for a harbor/city view so you still have at least a bit of the gorgeous view/Opera House view. If you want to splurge, however, I strongly recommend paying a bit more for Executive Club access. This is a cozy and extremely well run space serving a feast of hot and cold goodies for breakfast and throughout the day. As I mull over the hotel options, I can't think of another property in Sydney that ticks the boxes like the FS. For my money, the Park Hyatt does not offer the view from high, which I think is vital, plus it is crazy expensive. The Intercon is a great choice, but views are of the back side of the Opera House - though include the botanical gardens. Blue Hotel in the wharf in Woolloomoloo is funky and interesting, but dark and quiet. Couple of interesting Accor properties in the Rocks to be considered, along with the Q T Hotel, which is generating a lot of interest. But even if you are not a first timer to Sydney as I am not, the Four Seasons brings it all to bear.

Room Tip: As for the corner rooms overlooking the Opera House & harbor - and the higher up the better. If...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

7 people queing to register when i arrived, 2 staff at front desk serving them so 20 minute wait. Conceirge took so long i had to go downstairs to collect it myself and was told it should already be with you - no really? Thats why i am collecting it. Tv not working as satelite dish faulty. Internet log on so fiendishly complex it takes 5 minutes to log on, why am i even having to pay? The only positive note in this shambles is the restaurant staff are great and food good. Hotel management sucks. First and last stay here, there are lots of competent places in sydney.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David M, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing this feedback.
I have researched in detail about your check in and arrival day by our cameras and at no time did I see any delays at the front desk. We are very serious about our guest's experiences and would greatly appreciate any further feedback you may have so we can rectify any service delays.
Our goal is to provide a wonderful and memorable experience for our guest and your comments are appreciated.

Sincerely
David Macklin
Hotel Manager
david.macklin@fourseasons.com
Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Sydney Four Seasons at the beginning of our Australia/New Zealand trip. Our room was comfortable and nicely appointed, as was the bathroom, not large, but adequate. Very nice toiletries provided. We did not pay the extra $70/night for a harbor view room, but from our 21st floor room, we had an interesting city view. For the amount of time we spent in the room, the view was not a big issue.

You couldn't ask for a more convenient location, being within easy walking distance of the Opera House, the Rocks, Circular Quay, Saturday street markets, the Botanic Gardens, Sydney Tower Eye, and many shops and restaurants. (Try the "Baker's Oven" restaurant just a block away for a delicious breakfast and pastries.)

Internet access is free at the business center on second level, with four computers for guest use. If it's raining, the concierge desk will cheerfully loan you an umbrella. We found all staff members to be friendly and welcoming.

The breakfast buffet, included with our room, was generous and delicious, with many hot and cold selections (very expensive to purchase separately, about $40 per person.)

This was an excellent choice for our first visit to Sydney, and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Hotel is in a great location, The service and the staff are second to none, The rooms, while small are very luxurious and the beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The rooms are nice but small and the bathrooms are very small but what was really disappointing was the pool and spa area. The pool area is dated and not very nice and the men's locker room area was poorly maintained and not overly nice. This is an older property and it shows. The Park Hyatt looked much nicer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!