“Great Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15-20% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #28 of 182 hotels in Sydney
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Four Seasons Sydney is in a magnificent location and the staff were exceptional. Everything is within walking distance and there's plenty to see. Staff were extra helpful and extremely friendly. The whole place, including guests, seemed to be happy.

Room Tip: A view of the harbour is a must
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

2,310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penrith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Four Seasons was then called 'The Regent' 25 years ago but even then was a very special place, perhaps even more so then than now as we had not yet indulged in overseas travel experiences. Today, having travelled extensively overseas and in Australia, Four Seasons remains for us a dignified, safe, special place, very conveniently located near The Rocks, Opera House, shopping, Harbour Bridge Walk, Botanic Gardens, Museums, plus Circular Quay for the ferries to interesting places to do picturesque, historical walks. Unfortunately though, it no longer holds for us the same elegance of a past era in its decore in public places. Put in perspective, we have much to be thankful, grateful for. Our expectations, needs were met graciously.

Room Tip: Request a harbour view for a Sydney experience if you are from the country, although a city view roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

What an awesome view! I am blown away by what I see the moment I step into the room.. Opera house and Syndey harbor bridge is right in front of you.

Great room, great location. No complains there. The only small thing is that I wish the staff is a bit more proactive. When I ask the front door person how much taxi charge would be to go from the hotel to Syndey fish market, the guy said "I don't really konw". Well, it's fine that you dont' konw, but it would be much better if you ask someone else to find out for me, that's what i'd expect from a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

When staying at the Four Seasons one does not expect any disappointments. In our case, there were a couple which I will get to.

As is to be expected, this Four Seasons was first class. On the positive side the decor, locations, and overall feel are excellent. Because we arrived with all of the other cruise ship passangers a little early in the day (10:45 or so) our room was not ready. We sat in the coffee shop and sipped a coffee while we used the offered complimentary WIFI for about 1.5 hours. A nice touch, but then no hotel should be charging for WIFI anymore anyway. The inexpensive motels we used as we drove around Victoria and NSW all had free WIFI, not so the Four Seasons.

The first problem occured when we asked the bell desk to store 2 pieces of luggage for us while we were out of town. They eagerly agreed, but then the luggage was delivered to our room instead. (At least it was OUR room.) The second problem was that there was no turn down service. Since we had used the towels before we went out to dinner, there were no towels left for us to use in the morning before we left.

Oh well, at least there is room for improvement.

We did manage to get a room at the low end of the price range but it wasn't much bigger than our cruise ship suite.

Enough said, you get what you pay for.

Oh yes, the concierge was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Deniliquin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived in pouring rain to the Four Seasons and was met with a rather off-hand receptionist, upon entering my appointed room I was very disappointed with the size of the room with a view of buildings and a peak of the opera house around the side of them - this is after i booked a room with a view. I went down to the reception who told me they would give me a room on a higher floor but it was not ready. Fair enough, I went to have some lunch in the Grain Bar which had a limited selection. Still the room was not ready and I was told to wait in my old room, I thought I would pass the time watching TV until I could move – the TV did not work! By this stage I was ready to move to the Intercontinental where I normally stay.

I went back to the reception and was immediately given a room on the 32 floor. The Duty Manager rang to ask if I was happy with the view - I said I would be if I could see out of the window that was covered in condensation as the carpet was damp!

The Duty Manager arrived at my door to then take me to a very nice room where I did have a fabulous view and I thank them for this and the duty manager’s attentiveness, although this was three hours after my original check-in. The only other negative was the room service took a long time to call back to take an order – up to 30 minutes.

On the plus side though, the room we ended up with was wonderful and I used the excellent gym every day, it was a shame it rained every day and I could not use the pool. The hotel is in a perfect location with Circular Quay across the road which makes catching a ferry very easy. The Museum of Modern Art is almost next door and the Botanical Gardens are perfect for a morning run - even in the rain!

All in all, a disappointing stay for a Four Seasons Hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify a high floor with a harbour view, as the lower harbour view rooms do not give...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

During a trip to Australia in December we stayed in 3 central Sydney hotels and the Four Seasons was definitely the best. The large corner room had masses of space and great views with a large bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. We did not eat in the hotel at all but had 4 very comfortable nights there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at 5 star hotels over the world and never have I been as disappointed as I was with Sydney Four Seasons. Unfriendly reception staff, Couldnt be arsed to help me when I had questions. My sister got violently ill in the middle of the night and we needed to get housekeeping to come change the sheets - she was feeling mortified already and it certainly didnt help when housekeeping very demonstratively pinched their noses and shaked their heads at her. As if anyone would be sick on purpose just to inconvenience the staff... !!! No offer of help ie doctor or anything like that. One thing is for sure - I am NEVER setting foot in any Four Seasons again anywhere in the world. I should have stayed in the Shangrila as I was recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
David M, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for you comments. I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience and your sister was ill. I would like to request more information as we normally offer immediate medical assistance to all guests who are not feeling well. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience and I would like to follow up to make sure we are taking good care of all of our guests.
May I ask you to email me directly some more information.

David Macklin
Hotel Manager
david.macklin@fourseasons.com

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!