“Beautiful hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #25 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now (both for business) and have been very impressed both times. The staff are always very attentive and make you feel very welcome. The rooms are beautiful, well appointed and very clean. The first time I stayed I must have been given an upgrade without knowing as I had a larger room with a view of the Opera house which was lovely. Will always stay here when in Sydney. Great location too.

Room Tip: Room with a view is well worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Pros: beautiful view, that was for sure! The room itself was beautifully presented and perfectly clean. Fantastic set up of the room. Staff were friendly.

Cons: When we went to check in the room was not ready; which I understand no problem - staff said it would be ready in about 30 mins and they took down my number saying they would call as soon as it was ready; so me and my partner went down the road for a drink. After about and hour and a half we decided to head back, staff had obviously forgotten to call. Then had to wait in line (not that it was really a line, no clear stop to queue up and ended up have several people walk in front of us lacking organization a bit) this was for a further 20 minutes. Once checked in we went up to our room ready to eat our pre-paid for meal which was meant to be ready upon arrival; however very disappointed to find nothing. I called reception to ask and they had a meal sent to us within an hour. Also had the understanding that there was meant to be and iPhone charger in room but couldnt find it, tried to call reception but I just wrang out.

Overall it was okay, however when paying over $700 per night there was just one too many hiccups for my liking. Will be stoked if we stay there again, however will only do so if given a voucher or something, won't be spending my own money there again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We found the best thing about our stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney was the location! We couldn't ask for a better spot in the city. Easy walking distance to all the city has to offer. We took a ferry to the beach, a bus tour, walked to the shopping district, Circular Quay, and the historic pubs. Quick walk to a show at the Opera House. Staff friendly and very professional. Enjoyed the lobby bar, concierge was very helpful in arranging our tickets and drivers. Spa was so-so....I had a massage and the therapist did a good job, but the room was anything but sound proof. Could hear people being escorted to their rooms and coming and going. Small waiting area in a hallway-not very relaxing and co-ed. Breakfast was delicious-but very pricey compared to my small appetite. Service in the pool area was adequate. I would definitely stay their again for the location alone, and the great staff.

Room Tip: Our room was on a corner that provided a beautiful view of the harbour and the Sydney Opera House.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I flew half way around the World and there is no Wizard to make everything magical at this Four Seasons in the land of Oz.

The service was gracious on check-in, but after first seeing the rooms I was disappointed. Very small rooms with lots of cookie-cutter one-size accommodations per floor. Old elevators with burnt out buttons. There are a few larger suites and a presidential.. We tried the second largest suite and deluxe room with adjoining during this stay and were unimpressed with finishing that felt more like Westin, Sheraton or Marriott than FS.

They are still doing the minimalist, contemporary asian thing that was the rage 5 years ago. The biggest thing for me were room layouts and sizes with lots of energy saving lightbulbs and other annoyances. I understand pitching in for the environment, but I lump these sad, depressing halogen replacements and site-made inoperable 2 pane windows in the same pile as shower aerators. You can't offer energy saving bulbs and in-operable glass at over $2000 USD per night. I want the warm honey glow of the energy wasting bulbs I grew up with and a breath of fresh air for that kind of money.

Room sizes and penny-pinching power saving aren't the only thing that sets this Four Seasons apart from it's better bred ilk outside the land of Oz. The room service staff fought us in a verbal tit-for-tat as we tried to order an omelet after 1pm. "I'd like an omelet please" .. "breakfast was over 50 minutes ago sir"... "Breakfast is over?" ... I rifle through the menu and order a substitute before seeing "all day eggs" on another page.. "But it says you have all day eggs?!?" ... "Well, I guess I could ask them to make a few of those eggs into an omelette".. What kind of Four Seasons is that!?

The whole thing felt like a decidedly un-special business-hotel in a touristy location.

It wasn't horrible.. It was just so ordinary - I would have hated to have come all the way around the World for this. Oh wait, I did!

Pool was really substandard and needs to be bigger and rebuilt. If I was Four Seasons I would sell this hotel and start over with some better bones, then charge more. Thought about going to the spa but cancelled because everything felt so Sheraton-like.

Within 3 days I was looking for my wife's Ruby slippers and knocking them together saying "I want to go home!~" Ok - enough with the Wizard-of-Oz analogies... You get the idea.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel in September, 2012 for 2 days. It was a Business trip. Hotel is located in the heart of Sydney. The view of Opra house is amazing from the window of the hotel. And right across the street you can catch the City sight seeing Tours bus and get a amazing tour of this beautiful city.Staff are friendly and the concierge team is very helpful in terms of giving information on which all execursion the city offers. very good hotel rooms a bit small but very cosy. over all a great hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing towards Opera House. The view is amazing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We recently stayed at this location and while it could use some updating it was a fairly typical city four seasons. The location is great for wandering around Circular Quay and its near some pretty decent restaurants.
The room is cozy but for two it is just fine. I did enjoy the breakfast every morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great staff
Convenient location
Rooms a bit dated I thought and very dark
Spa bust
Pool quite nice
Hideous charges for everything. Wifi, parking, food, mini bar taking con to a new level

Verdict - the staff make it. Way better paces in Sydney for less

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!