“Enjoyable stay at the Four Seasons Sydney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #27 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Canberra, Australia
“Enjoyable stay at the Four Seasons Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Husband and I stayed the weekend of 7th Dec - 9th Dec 2012

We chose to stay at the Four Seasons because it was one the hotels in Sydney that we had not yet stayed in. We wanted to compare as we have previously at other 5 star hotels in Sydney. The Four Season service is stellar and for us, came out on top blowing the Intercontinental and Shangrila out of the water.

From the moment we arrived we were greeted and welcomed by their staff, our bags swiftly whisked away and check in was so pleasant - the best welcome we have experienced at any hotel in Australia.

Our room was ready when we arrived, which was much earlier than their official check in time. The room was a good size with a partial view of the opera house & sydney harbour.

Housekeeping was excellent and providided daily service + turn down service during the evening, which was so nice to come back to after returning from a late dinner.

Location is convenient - 2 min from Circular Quay station and bus stations, few minute walk to The Rocks and 15 min walking distance to Pitt St Mall shops.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could mention;
- the windows were a little dirty .. but we were out and about exploring the city most of the time anyway
- we could hear sirens from the street below from our room from time to time
- free wi-fi is not provided complimentary in rooms, but they do have internet on the computers on level 3

Overall, the service the staff provides at the Four Seasons is truly friendly & genuine. We enjoyed our stay here very much and hope to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

2,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a weeks stay with work and loved it.
Location was excellent and you will have to go a long way (and i just had) to beat the staff.
Was lucky and as a promotion they were offering Executive Lounge access for $A50 per night bearing in mind breakfast runs to 40 something and Internet which is pretty slow another 25, it was a no brainier. The staff in the lounge were the most helpful I think I have ever come across.
The Grain bar again had wonderful staff and great views if you like to people watch.
As long as you can negotiate a good rate then this place is a fantastic hotel to stay in whilst in Sydney

Room Tip: Go high for better views and get the train from the airport to circular quay, just over $A16 and ver...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was ideal! I stayed for four nights as a solo female traveller. Walking distance to Circular Quay, all major shopping areas, The Rocks and Opera House. Area is also very safe at night, streets are well lit and quite busy. If you're able, pay for a full harbour view room, so worth it! I ordered room service for breakfast which could get me through the whole day, meals were lovely and filling. Staff were very friendly and professional. Room size (Deluxe)was fine for me, but two people might want to upgrade, although the bed was huge! Room serviced daily with turndown service. I would stay here again for the comfort, location and that view!!

Room Tip: Go for full harbour view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

To my shame it has taken me a month to find time to complete this review.

I've been working in the hotel industry for 14 years so I would like to think I know one or two things about what makes this great industry tick.

Recently I had the pleasure of meeting one of this hotel's BDMs (Suzie Bellamy) whose influence convinced me to give the hotel for a try during a special occasion weekend.

This review will always fall short of the gratitude I have for my experience there.

I'll try to be brief:
Checkin was seamless, incredibly friendly, efficient and to the point.
My room was sensational. I could wax on about it but let me say that I loved it right down to the fluffy bath mat.
Housekeeping were immaculate. I genuinely felt guilty for the mess I left since on my return everything was folded and neatly placed.
Location, perfect for all things Sydney.
Club Lounge - seriously, don't sell yourself short here. Everyone greets you like old friends and you actually feel like inviting the staff to join you, they're that wonderful.
Grain Bar - Katie was an exceptional hostess. There was one gentleman with glasses who was slightly too cool for himself, but overall this was stylish, modern and again incredibly welcoming.
Check out was even awesome. Complimentary water station that someone had genuinely put thought and effort into.
And finally a farewell that actually made you feel like an individual, and not a process.

I would go on if you let me but I can sum up with this:
If you want an experience at the level of accommodation you think you DESERVE, then Four Seasons will deliver it with aplomb.

It restored my faith in this fantastic industry and they will definitely see me there again.

Room Tip: Get the Club Lounge upgrade. Faultless experience.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had an amazing room...with a to-die-for view! Excellent location! You can walk everywhere from here! Wonderful Staff! The concierge was super helpful.... Definitely recommend this one! TThe bar is really cool too...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just an overnight business trip in December 12. Hotel was easy to get to (just up the road from Circular Quay train station and it's in a great location next to the Rocks. It was easy to check in and out. Quality of the hotel was good so I guess the renovations have finished! The room was good. Had a good breakfast. The bar was good bar. Very good service all round ... nice stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great location in "The Rocks" and service was fine. Concierge was most helpful. Rooms are small and nothing special, I have stayed in nicer Marriott's. I am annoyed by the need to pay for expensive and slow WiFi access (per device) in an ultra luxury hotel. They also added a 1.5% surcharge at check- out when paying by credit card.....doesn't seem to follow Four Seasons spirit of service and customer friendly policies, I will stay elsewhere on my next visit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!