“Housekeeper - Makes a big difference!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15-20% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #29 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
manila
“Housekeeper - Makes a big difference!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Perfect hotel - close to the Rocks, Starbucks, Shopping area, Circular Quey. Food is excellent, rooms are great! Housekeeping staff were very accomodating.

The lady who looked after the room always made sure I had many bottles of LÓccitane conditioner. One afternoon, I asked her why does she always replenishes me with 3 extra bottles of conditioner .... she replied with a big smile on her face "because you have such lovely long hair, it requires 3 bottles !". In my books, She is a star!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
FourSeasonsHotelSyd, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely story with us. It is extremely rewarding to learn about a special experience our guests have with our staff, I am so pleased our housekeeper was able to anticipate and meet your needs as you described.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon!

Regards,

David Macklin
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kalamunda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

My daughter and I travelled to Sydney for the Handa production of La Traviata.Our initial introduction to this hotel was somewhat marred by a series of mishaps on check in. First they could not find our reservation. It had been booked by my husband's secretary and was filed under her name. Then despite two phone calls in the preceding week to ascertain our arrival time, [1.30p.m.], our room was not ready. This was not a problem, we were assured it would only be, at the most an hour and they would ring when it was available. We walked along Circular Quay to the Opera House and enjoyed drinks and snacks at the outdoor bar taking in the beautiful view. Well over an hour passed with no phone call so we returned to reception. Apologies were profuse but there were problems getting the previous guest to vacate the room and apparently there were no other rooms with the Harbour View available. We were taken to the Cocktail Bar and offered complimentary cocktails but then he realised it was out of normal hours for cocktails!! However, a quick word to the lovely bartender and we had our cocktails and snacks. More time went by and it was beginning to look like I'd be somewhat tipsy before I ever reached our room. It was also rather tiring after a very early morning flight!
I approached reception again. Profuse apologies but they had discovered the door to the minibar/fridge and lights in the room were broken and were waiting on an engineer to fix these!! By this time, I was actually beginning to feel sorry for poor Sebastian from reception and have to commend him for the way he handled this situation and tried to do his best for us. We were offered complimentary breakfasts as compensation and did eventually get the keycard to our room on the 19th floor. The story does not end here-----the wrong room number was on the folder so it was back to reception. Full marks to Sebastian for not hiding under the desk as we approached!!
The room had the most wonderful views of the Harbour, the bridge and the Opera House. It was not as large as I had expected but well appointed and everything was in working order!
The beds are super comfortable.The bathroom was rather small with very little shelf space but L'Occitane toiletries are appreciated. After the initial problems everything was fautless and service good.
The hotel is in a very convenient position right next to the Rocks and within easy walking distance of shops, Opera House and the ferries. There are no problems getting taxis either.
We had planned to make use of the Spa facilities and enjoy some pampering but it was closed due to maintenance.
I can recommend the breakfast with a vast and varied range of food which was regularly replenished and a dedicated egg chef. They did run out of croissants but made fresh just for us which I thought was excellent service.
In summary, after a very dubious start, we enjoyed our stay and found the staff courteous and helpful. We were also extended a late check out.

Room Tip: To get the best out of your stay, book a Harbour View Room. Corner rooms are on the small size.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Great stay at the Four Seasons, excellent service, clean room and professional staff. Felt very relaxed and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the four seasons over the Easter long weekend for just the one night and it was amazing!

Booked a harbour/city view deluxe room and wow - the view was spectacular! The room itself was also fantastic. Spacious, clean, great amenities and the bed was so huge and amazingly comfortable!

The service was flawless. Made me feel so welcome and important and well cared for.

Would recommend to anyone and definitly will be returning!

• Stayed April 2012
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed at the Four seasons a few times now, great location for business and leisure travellers, spectacular views from room over the harbour make sure you pay for a full harbour view. Arrived early and room was not ready, they escorted me to the day spa where i was allowed to use their facilities including shower and locker rooms at no cost they also went out of their way to make sure I had access to internet and business facilities.

Room Tip: high floor, full harbour view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Singleton, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The Four Seasons Syd was very nice and relaxed . The staff are Friendly and helpful . The room had a good feeling, My veiw was the opera house and Circular Quay wharfs.I didnt mind it , one of those veiws u can watch for hours. The beds are plush pillow custom made by stearns & foster very good sleep . The standard room facilites are all there and allgood. I asked for two buckets of ice for bottles of sparkling for 6 pm , we went out and arrived back around 6.30ish , the only minor let down was the bottles were not in placed in buckets and were still sitting beside the buckets lol , not too worrie i put one in the bar frigde before hand just incase . The hotel location was the main reason we selected the Four Seasons Hotel as we attended an event 100 m away . The amenities were all there and all good and clean . I really can not flaut the hotel as for the ice bucket thats a test i conduct at every hotel i stay at and is very minor . My stay at the Four Seasons hotel was very good it gave me agood and wellcomed experice and will book the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Fl. USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed eight nights at end of our cruise in a room with the "full harbor view" including Executive Club privileges’. The hotel's location is in very close proximity to the ferries, the Opera House, Botanical Gardens, the Harbor Bridge and the Circular Quay. The concierges were very helpful in arranging a driver for a day trip to the Blue Mountains and for reserving good tables at some of the more popular restaurants.
Our first room was on the Executive Club Floor (32) with a great view, but was much smaller than comparable rooms on that floor. My wife decided to express our disappointment in the room to Janet, the Executive Club Manager, who then arranged for an upgrade to a fantastic corner room on the 33rd floor with a view we will always remember.
I agree with other viewers that this hotel is not comparable (I am not saying that it isn't nice) to other luxury hotels (e.g. The Langham in Auckland where we stayed at the beginning of our cruise), but what it does have is an excellent staff. In particular, I would like to name Janet, the Executive Club Manager, as a most professional, helpful, friendly and efficient. One can judge the quality of a manger by their staff and Janet and her staff continually performed as an excellent team to make their guest’s stay comfortable as well as memorable.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Four Seasons to other travelers due to its excellent location and the friendly helpful staff. Although the "full harbor view" rooms are expensive, the view in my opinion is worth it. In addition, I believe the extra expense for the privileges of the Executive Club makes economic sense when one computes the savings of the benefits offered. To name a few: free Wi-Fi, free pressing of clothes, an open bar from 5-10PM, heavy evening appetizers and a very good breakfast with eggs cooked to order, plus many more… all offered by Janet's first class team.
P.S. It would be nice for anyone utilizing the Executive Club in May, 2012 to congratulate Janet on 30 years service with Four Seasons.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra cost, the Executive Club rooms are the way to go. The Harbor View rooms...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!