Jan 05 was my third time staying at The Four Points Darling Harbour. I get to Sydney often on business but have very little personal time during the day to sightsee. I have to say this is the perfect location and walkable to great dining (1-2 blks), strolling on the harbour (1 blks), chinatown and parks (2-4 blks), shopping (across the bridge), getting to the train at Townhall Station (3-4 blks), Circular Quay ferries/Opera House (5-8 blks), downtown shopping (5 blks) and The Rocks (5-8 blks). Sydney is such a friendly city that anyone will help you with directions. If you have just a little time this hotel is perfectly central and I will stay there again.
As for the hotel, you must get the Harbour view, it's worth the premium. To look out on the water and the twinling lights of the city... ahh breathtaking. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The hotel seems to have been upgraded about 3-4 years ago and does show some wear. The modern furnishings and bed are very comfortable. But the best hotel feature is the concierge who can work magic with last minute dinner reservations- even on Australia Day, the busiest night of the year in Darling Harbour. (Thank you Four Points Concierge!)
For a great insider tip- join the Starwood Preferred Guest or Starwood Preferred Business program with an Starwood Amex card and earn 2-3 points per dollar spent. Redeem a night for 5-20K points per night. It has greater rewards and quicker rewards than Airline FF programs. No, I don't work for Starwood.
Well Enjoy Sydney! Buy flowers in the subway station, figure out what a short black is, catch some rugby on TV, eat some John Dory, and by all means, drink Australian wine every night!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Australia’s largest hotel, Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour with 683 rooms including 17 suites. Located in Sydney’s central business district overlooking Darling Harbour; you will find the major entertainment and shopping districts including Pitt Street Mall, Queen Victoria Building, and Chinatown in close proximity. Ideal for leisure travellers, the hotel offers contemporary dining and a 24-hour fitness centre. All rooms have been refurbished and offer modern furnishings, Wi-Fi internet access, comfortable beds and great views of the city or Darling Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.