I stayed here for two nights, Check in was fairly fast and the staff were friendly. I had a "city view" room which meant looking at the car park across the road, there is no view; however the room was nice and quite large, it had all the bits that I needed, with a good size bed, and the best part was that it was quiet, I heard very little from outside the room or next door.
Great location a very easy walk over the road into Darling Harbour and all that it offers. I walked from the train station to the hotel which took about 10 minutes so it is easy to get to.
Now the poor part: the breakfast and buffet lunch were average at best, breakfast had one type of egg and it may have been powdered?? The cooked side of breakfast was not appetising, I ate Cereal and fruit and I love a cooked breakfast.
Lunch if not already paid for I would have missed, it did have seafood – Prawns and Crab; however I didn’t want seafood and had very little choice of anything else and ended with boiled potato, 2 other veg and a small piece of dried out beef, when I asked for mint source or any source/gravy I was informed that there were no available, shame the steamed veg needed something.
Overall the Restaurant was disappointing, good for my weight loss program but not what I expected from a Sheraton (perhaps management should have a look at the Sheraton on the park Sydney or Sheraton on the spit Gold Coast for some ideas and standards)
This is a very nice hotel, clean tidy and the staff were very good – but all let down by the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to travel the way you like. Get everything you are looking for with the style and service you want, all at a great price. Conveniently located in Sydney's Central Business District and overlooking the spectacular Darling Harbour and Cockle Bay. Australia's largest hotel, with 648 rooms including 17 suites is just a short stroll from all of Sydney's major entertainment and shopping districts including Pitt Street Mall and Queen Victoria Building. The Rocks, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House are only 15 minutes walk away! Four Points By Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour has the facilities to cater for all your needs. Need tour services, laundry services, convenient room service, express check-out, 24-hour front desk, limousine service, car rentals, parking (for a fee) and babysitting services - We can help you with all of that! Plus our guests have complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre that is located just on Market Street; a short 3minute walk. Hungry? Enjoy a tasty meal in a casual setting. Choose from our signature restaurant, The Corn Exchange, which features a seasonal A la carte menu and now a new Kitchen Table buffet, bringing together your favourite meals, that are honestly cooked and help you feel at home. The restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Experience a slice of Sydney's past in the Heritage listed Dundee Arms, one of Sydney's oldest pubs complete with resident ghost; or make your way to the rooftop; where you will find Bar Eleven, order a cocktail and enjoy the view over Darling Harbour. Our guest rooms feature comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs, cable television, movies on-demand, over sized work desk, Wi-Fi and wired Internet access (for a fee), in-room safe, air conditioning, alarm clock, wake-up service, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, and a free weekday newspaper (on-demand). SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. Book direct today ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Starwood APAC, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton