“Conference venue” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Sussex St., Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #67 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
melbourne
“Conference venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is in Darling Harbour so a sensational location
, walking distance to just about everything- ferries, restaurants, The Rocks, Circular Quay etc. Conference facility was adequate but not brilliant. Room with a view of the water would have been nice, but clean and comfortable, with all you expect from the Sheraton. Buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for water view( but you'll pay accordingly
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear expatmelbourne,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very fortunate to be located in one of Sydney’s best locations, a short stroll to many of the city’s highlights and iconic attractions. We are pleased to know that your overall stay with us was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour sometime soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was apprehensive about booking this hotel. Hence, I only booked it for 1 night (10 Aug 13). This was the WORST decision I could make as I absolutely loved this hotel and regretted not staying here for the rest of my Sydney trip.

Our first interaction with the hotel staff: The Asian guy who greeted us as we drove into the driveway was very friendly and professional and gave us very clear directions on where we could park our rental car (he even provided us a leaflet and told us how much it'll cost). He also helped us with our luggage from the boot very promptly with a wonderful attitude.

Checking in was a breeze and there was no queue (though it could be due to our late check-in at 8pm). We were really lucky and were given a free upgrade to a Premium King Harbour View room on the top floor (15th storey) where we enjoyed panoramic views of Darling Harbour from the lovely, large bay window. I enjoyed just sipping tea and sitting at the bay window, enjoying both the day and night views.

Would have stayed on at Sheraton if I could cancel my other hotel reservation in Sydney! Will definitely stay here again if I visit Sydney.

I think they were slightly short on staff at around midnight when I wanted to ask for a late check-out at the reception. Nonetheless, the staff was very polite and prompt in answering to my request. Would also have loved to have a bath in the toilet, but I guess I shouldn't be asking too much! ;p

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear gillianthetraveller,

It was a pleasure reading your fantastic review! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and taking the time to post your insights and impressions on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to know that we have met or indeed exceeded your expectations and your highlights on our excellent location, welcoming and helpful service of our associates, and the upgraded room are much appreciated. It certainly is very reassuring to receive such positive feedback and I have shared your kind words to the whole team. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and delighting you once again with our service when you are next in Sydney, hopefully for a longer stay.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Can’t write for a long review for my relatively short overnight stay in the mid of July, but what I could assure is I will be back if I return to Sydney. Simply because the service that I got from my stay far exceeded my expectation especially the concierge team that went for the extra miles. I even handed out one of my elite thank you card to the one being so helpful and just like my butler at St. Regis, who happen to help me during my check-in and out, handed me a map (without even asking, seem like he knows I need it) and able to answer my queries.

Not sure whether it’s in the cosmopolitan Sydney where competitiveness has driven the high standard in hospitality, it does raise the standard of being a Four Point in my opinion. Check-in and out is swift, the staff on duty is chatty but not intrusive. I never have the chance to try the food this time so cannot comment on it and there is a time (weekday afternoon) where no one pick up the call despite ringing for a long while for service. Other than that, I love the great location, renovated room, comfortable bed, stunning harbour view and the friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Definitely harbour view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear KennyCheah,

We are thrilled to read your delightful review and thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney on Tripadvisor! It is reassuring to know that we have exceeded your expectations and our associates looked well after you and anticipated your needs to ensure your stay with us was uncomplicated and enjoyable. At the Four Points, we are committed to delivering high standards of service and we do our best to delight our guests with our caring service. I have shared your complimentary comments with the whole Concierge team. On the other hand, our sincere apologies for the unanswered call which has now been addressed. Thank you for raising this matter to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had booked here using my Starwood points and honestly wasn't expecting much. In the end, the hotel exceeded expectations and would recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, centrally located hotel in Sydney.

We got a double upgrade upon check-in and ended up with a premier harbour view refurbished room on a high floor. The room was extremely comfortable, pretty spacious with a good view over Darling Harbour. The hotel is really well located being right next to Darling Harbour and there are a number of dining options within a few minutes walk. In terms of location, I found the hotel to be much better than the Blue Sydney where I had stayed earlier in my trip.

Service was also pretty good with the check-in staff both professional and helpful (a delay in checking me in resulted in us getting the upgrade) and the concierge pretty knowledgeable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear samueloShanghai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. We certainly are thrilled to learn that we’ve exceeded your expectations during your stay with us and we thank you for appreciating our great location, room upgrade with amazing views, comfortable rooms and the caring service of our associates. We hope your nice impression will bring you back to our hotel and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour on any of your future travels to Sydney.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We love the location and we actively seek out this hotel for our family stays in Sydney. It has easy access to the attractions and dinning the area has to offer. The out look over the harbour is superb, especially when treated with a nice sunset. Hotel and staff are nice and when we have had queries or issues they have been promptly resolved.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear VicTourist,

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton for your family stays in Sydney. We value your continued patronage of our hotel and we thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Tripadvisor. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoy your stays with us and our associates were attentive to your needs. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a quick one night stay at this hotel. Overall nice, nothing special but does the basics well. We found the staff very helpful and willing to offer assistance. Would look to stay again for an overnight trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear AdventureLive,

Thank you for your favourable review! We are pleased to know that your overall stay with us was pleasant, Thank you for the kind words you mentioned on our associates. It is pleasing to know that they looked after your needs. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour hopefully sometime soon.

Warialda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times. May not be the best priced hotel in Darling Harbour but service is second to none. Comfy beds and good location. Depends on which room you get but some can be fairly comoact. Overall a very good hotel.

Dear cue487023,

Thank you for staying at the Four Points by Sheraton for your Sydney visits. We value your continued patronage of our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to post a favourable review on Tripadvisor. It is very encouraging to receive such positive comments particularly on the fine service experienced from our associates. Thank you also for highlighting our great location and comfortable beds. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming to you back, hopefully sometime soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour? Share your experiences!