“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Sussex St., Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Simple Pleasures from$195
Ranked #50 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in this lovely hotel and it would be my first choice if I return to Sydney. It's location is ideal for shopping and also for visiting Darling Harbour and its many restaurants and attractions.
Staff at the hotel are all very pleasant and helpful and the concierge obviously enjoys his work, it shows.
The bedroom is a reasonable size, as is the bathroom, and everything very clean. I had a room with 2 single beds which where very comfortable, even for someone of my 5'8" frame. Not keen on the city view but didn't spend long enough in the room for it to bother me but I think I would request a harbour view next time. Love the mix of the old and the new buildings. The historic pub, The Dundee Arms on one side and the corn exchange on the other side. Very pleasant stay.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Pat H,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are extremely thrilled to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your positive comments on our great location, caring service and facilities are very reassuring and encouraging. I will make sure to share your feedback to the whole team and I am certain they will be delighted to know that our hotel will be your first choice when you return to Sydney. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully sometime soon when you are next travelling our way.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights here for a short vacation. The location is perfect. We took the airport train to the Wynard stop and walked the couple city blocks to the hotel. The location is also easy walking distance to Darling Harbor, the aquarium, ferries, and restaurants on the wharf. The staff upgraded us to a Harbor View, for no extra cost, when we checked in. The staff also arranged for taxi service to the Sydney Opera House for an evening concert. The room itself was comfortable but a bit small, although completely adequate for our weekend stay. And the view made up for any other shortcomings. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant because there were so many delicious choices nearby. If you want to explore beyond Darling Harbor, I highly recommend taking the ferry out to Manly for an afternoon/evening.

Room Tip: If you can get a Harbor View - well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Holly A,

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour for your recent visit to Sydney, and for sharing your insights and impressions of your positive experience at our hotel. Indeed, our hotel is conveniently located in the city, a short stroll to beautiful Darling Harbour, popular attractions and an array of exciting dining and entertainment venues. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the not so distant future.

Blenheim, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The location of the hotel is probably it's biggest selling point, the room was pretty ho hum as far as rooms go. The floor was as soft as the couch in the harbour view room that I had. Arriving on a Friday night the place smelt like a the restaurant which is situated above the entrance doors. On walking around to the Rocks and Hyde gardens on the Saturday I noticed other hotels which will more than likely see my patronage the next time I visit inner Sydney. As a comparison I stayed at the Stamford Plaza at the airport on the Sunday night and the difference in the 2 hotels was very noticeable and it was cheaper.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room which will stop you wondering about the room quality and what you paid for i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear rarowhere,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and value the time spent in sharing your views. I am sorry to hear that not all aspects of your stay were met to your satisfaction and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We are committed to continuously making improvements to enhance our guest stay. Should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future, please contact me directly so I can assist with your accommodation and ensure the necessary enhancements are in place for a pleasant stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here for business last week, Hotel is in a great location and easy to walk everywhere from here. Very clean and modern hotel. My room was over looking the city and I think the harbor views would probably be a nicer view - but on business this didn't bother me.
The porters were extremely helpful and always smiling and helping get a taxi if you needed.
Would definitely stay here again if in Sydney, only thing that would be nice is if there was pool and bigger gym area, but the roof top bar is gorgeous and definitely a plus point!

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour view :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Abi G,

Thank you for your excellent review and taking the time to post your positive experience of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. It is pleasing to learn that our Concierge associates delighted you with their warm and caring service. I will make sure to share your complimentary comments with the team! Also, I am glad that you were able to visit our new rooftop dining venue, Bar Eleven, which is great for drinks while enjoying the stunning views of Darling Harbour. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, either for business or leisure when you are next travelling our way.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel i chose because of its location and because of the look of the rooms, the rooms were a good size but the bathroom could of been better as it was just a shower in a tub. The bed was VERY comfy, the staff were very friendly when checking in, not a big line so it did not take long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Kaitlin04,

Thanks for your review and taking the time to post your views online. I am pleased to learn that you had a comfortable and uncomplicated stay at our hotel and thank you for appreciating our great location and the welcoming service of our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points sometime soon, and hopefully you can then experience our newly refurbished rooms which have a different bathroom layout.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We are platinum spg members and have been traveling around the world for the better part of 6 months. This was not our favorite spg experience.

Hotel Pros: Location (most restaurants/activies/Opera House/The Rock were within 10-15 min walking distance), nice view of Darling Harbor (if you get a harbor view room), excellent concierge.

Hotel Cons: Breakfast was terrible, rooms were very small (I guess this is just a problem on one side of the hotel), and generally, some of the front desk staff could be friendlier.

We would probably stay at the Westin next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Halojen,

Thank you for your review and taking time to provide feedback. As a SPG Platinum member, we value your patronage and loyalty of the Starwood family. I am sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured, I have shared your constructive comments with the related departments for their attention and follow up. On a positive note, thank you for appreciating our great and convenient location and the excellent service of our Concierge team. We sincerely hope we can welcome you back to our hotel. Should you allow us the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are travelling to Sydney, please contact me so I may be able to assist with your accommodation requirements and ensure the necessary enhancements are in place for a pleasant stay.

St Kilda, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great location and good staff, but single beds for corporate travelers. I have been upgraded a few times, but it would be nice if the hotel acknowledged that corporate travelers are not likely to want to sleep in a single bed and accommodated that. I hate staying here, which unfortunately I have to do often. There are certainly no bonus points or better rooms for loyal customers whether you are a member of their 'preferred guest' program or not.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear JoMorley100,

Thank you for your review and appreciating our excellent location and associates. Our sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience caused. Please be assured we value your patronage and we always endeavour to recognise our guest loyalty and accommodate their preferences whenever possible. When you are travelling back in Sydney, please contact me directly so I can assist with your accommodation requirements and making your stay comfortable and pleasant the next time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour? Share your experiences!