“Good location, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Sussex St., Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #67 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
2,930 reviews 2,930 reviews
1,392 helpful votes 1,392 helpful votes
“Good location, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Much depends on your activities in Sydney - if you are focussed on conventions or exhibitions at Darling Harbour, this is very suitable as it is only a 10 minute walk. Similarly, it is only a few minutes from the CBD and retailing.
It is one of Sydney's biggest hotels and some may say impersonal but I have been many times and always love the welcome from Tony at the front door who makes you feel like a long lost friend. Similarly as a frequent guest, I normally get a good room and I love the views over Darling Harbour
I used to hate the parking problems but that has been solved with specific spots for Sheraton guests just over the road.
If I have any gripes, it is the lack of a swimming pool and the expensive buffet breakfast but I just accept these as a trade-off against the benefits.

Room Tip: Corner studios facing north have a great view over the northern parts of the Harbour plus Darling Ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FPSS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear RonWamberal

Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel and taking some of your valuable time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I very much appreciate your feedback and observations particularly one coming from a repeat guest so we can learn from their experience. Your complimentary remarks on the fine service delivery of Tony is delightful and I will make sure to share your kind words to him and to the team. I am certain Tony will be both delighted and grateful for this recognition. Thank you for the gift of feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour when you are next in Sydney.

David Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton to have a little more time in Sydney after a Royal Carribean cruise and the Sheraton was a perfect choice! We walked from the hotel into Chinatown and to the Powerhouse museum and then back up to Hyde Park for a little shopping etc and then walked back to the hotel. We really enjoyed being able to walk across the walkway to the fantastic restaurants of Darling Harbour (we didnt eat at the hotel once). When we checked in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a Harbour View room to watch the Christmas fireworks, I am so glad we were offered this as we loved watching the display from our room. It is worth asking for a view room as it is really pretty at night. I must admit every time we wanted to grab a drink at the bar there was never any staff attending and we always had to wait but this might have been as it was over the peak season.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jasminsunnycoast,

It is delightful to know that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay at our hotel and we very much appreciate your favourable comments. Indeed, we are very fortunate to be situated in one of Sydney’s best locations, only a short stroll to Darling Harbour and many exciting attractions, dining venues, transport and shopping. I am happy to hear that your stay was made more enjoyable with the festive fireworks display viewed from the comfort of your room. Also, I note your constructive comments which I have shared with our Food & Beverage team. Thank you for raising this to our attention. Hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the not so distant future.

Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Some areas of this very large and busy hotel are looking a bit tired from the constant wear and tear but others, including the room I was given, have been recently renovated. Great views over Darling Harbour if you get a room on that side, and the location is perfect for walking down to the attractions there.

In everything else the hotel is solid and functional rather than spectacular but I guess this the purpose of the Four Points brand, so not unexpected

Hi Voehn,

Thank you for posting a review online. I am glad to hear that your overall stay with us was pleasant. Thank you for appreciating our amazing location and the guest room with great views of Darling Harbour. As you have mentioned, we have completed the first stage of our refurbishment creating a new, modern and fresh look and feel for our guest rooms and we are excited for our guests to experience them. We hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour when you are next in Sydney.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Small rooms compared to hotels worldwide.But good staff and very helpful bellboys/concierge.
Free internet in the lobby.Good spread of breakfast buffet.Very close to the harbour.The hotel has a special pathway short cut road which leads to the waff, the aquarium, the cruises and all the food and fun at the bay!You can walk down in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room when booking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FPSS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hi ElsieGabriel,

Thanks for your review and taking the time to post your views on Tripadvisor. It is pleasing to read that you appreciated our excellent location, your breakfast experience and the caring service of our associates, particularly that of the Concierge team. I will make sure to share your kind comments to them. Also, we have different types of rooms, some larger in size than the others, for guests to choose from that meet their preferences. We hope you can experience our bigger rooms on your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I don't understand how this hotel has got four stars. I was woken up by rushing water noises in the plumbing in the early hours, and was told by management that they couldn't do anything about it at the time. Eventually it stopped and I got to sleep, spending the whole of the next day exhausted (having travelled thousands of miles to attend some business meetings). The next night, same again (albeit earlier, thank God). The "solutions" lady suggested that it was next door showering. Quite possibly, but it sounded like he was showering under Niagara Falls and, on night one, that he was doing so for 45 minutes. Quite why anyone would choose to spend so long in a bathroom transported through time from the 70s is beyond me.

Breakfast is bedlam - once you get to the front of the queue to enter the dining area there isn't space for all the people there to walk around to the various buffets so you spend your whole time apologising or narrowly missing other diners (although the fact that I was delirious through lack of sleep didn't help). My mushrooms were swimming in oil. I couldn't find a saucer for my coffee cup (I guess I should be grateful I found a cup in that chaos, but I was so exhausted I would have drunk the dregs of the other guests' coffee in desperation for a caffeine hit). I also thought the hall carpets on my floor were slightly malodorous (and you have plenty of time to notice - the walk from the lifts felt like a half marathon).

On the plus side, the staff are nice, the view is nice on the harbour side, and...errr....that's it really. While these are positives, the main reason I go to a hotel is not to meet nice people or see nice views, but to SLEEP for the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FPSS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear gutbucket3,

Thank you for your review. I am most concerned to learn of your disappointment with your stay and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. The comfort of our guests is certainly a priority at our hotel and I regret that your stay has not been as comfortable as it should have been. I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer for his attention and follow up. Also, thank you for your constructive comments concerning your dining experience which I have shared with our Food & Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef for review. We take such feedback seriously and I am grateful that you raised these concerns. On a positive note, I appreciate your kind words on our associates and the nice view from our harbour side rooms. Thank you once again for the gift of feedback and we hope that inspite of your less than satisfactory stay on this occasion, you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We had booked a Premium Harbourside King Room based on some good reviews on TripAdvisor and I absolutely do not regret this. The room was more than adequate with a comfy bed, huge window and view, and clean bathroom. We went to check our luggage in early at about 9.30am but were surprised to find our room was ready. We were on the third floor which may not sound impressive but we had a lovely view of the marina. The staff were lovely to deal with. We had a really exhausting day of walking (and got sunburnt) so we had room service for dinner. The meals were a nice size but quite expensive for what they were. We were missing a beverage but a quick call to Reception resulted in the drink being delivered right away. We were able to leave our luggage with the hotel after checking out so we could get some more sightseeing in before we left. The door service was really good too. Had a great time and would definitely use Four Points By Sheraton for a Darling Harbour visit again.

Some places to see: Madame Tussaud's, SeaLife Aquarium, Harbourside shopping centre, Taronga Zoo.

• Stayed February 2013
Hi GypsyR,

Thank you for your favourable review and taking the time to share your experience of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I very much appreciate your highlights regarding the wonderful and efficient service you received from our associates and I’ll make sure to share your complimentary remarks to them. It is pleasing and reassuring to hear that we were able to contribute in making your stay comfortable and uncomplicated. We certainly would be delighted to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My "upgrade" on arrival set the scene for an enjoyable one night stay. My room overlooked Darling Harbour, and the Sydney lights. I arrived early, my room was not available and I was given a promise that my case would be there on my arrival later at my room. And it was! Staff were pleasant, lunch during the conference was average, but large number catering might be a challenge. However, isn't this stuff basic hotel business? Not enough lifts for the number of hotel occupiers meant long delays in the lobby. Overall, I was happy to stay there and even though I have favourite hotels in Sydney (Intercontinental, Marriott) I would consider revisiting.

Room Tip: Join the SPG site for rates and options
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FPSS, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hi geraldq,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that your overall experience was a pleasant one and thank you for appreciating the room upgrade and service delivery of our associates. I am also grateful for your constructive comments which certainly would assist us as we continue to make improvements on our facilities, product and services. Thanks for the gift of feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Four Points by Sheraton when you are next in Sydney.

David Fraser

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour? Share your experiences!