“Great service, ok room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Sussex St., Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #51 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Great service, ok room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Room looking a bit tired, carpet worn, glass tops of tables missing, no rubbish bin in room, only a tiny bin in bathroom. Only one cake of soap(a pet hate) worn towels, poor lighting, BUT we found staff excellent, very friendly, polite.
Dinner ok, average food for the price and very average service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear gogo65,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback as they assist us in making future improvements. I apologise that the guest room that you occupied was not up to standard. Thank you for raising this to our attention and be assured I have shared your comments to our Executive Housekeeper for her attention and follow up. We are committed to making continuous improvements at our hotel and you may be pleased to know that we have just completed the first stage of our refurbishment and we are excited for our guests to experience them which we hope you may be able to try the next time you are in Sydney. I note the kind words you mentioned concerning our associates which we very much appreciate. We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel multiple times - great location. And front office staff is good. Concierge staff is excellent - great feeling to land up at the hotel and get out of the cab.

But this time I was surprised at the list of negatives which have piled up.
Hotel has renovated its rooms. I apparently got a freshly renovated room (715) and was looking forward to it. This is the first time I stayed at a city view room - every other time I've managed to get a Darling Harbor view room.
The room entrance was significantly narrower. The passage was narrow. And the room was small. It felt cramped
I came back to my room at night and requested for a bath robe and a pair of room slippers. I don't know why they are not placed in the room as part of the room set up. The lady on the phone told me that housekeeping was shut, and that I should preferrably ask for it the next morning!! That was a first!
I insisted on needing it then, and she managed to get someone to send it over within 15-20 mins.
The next night I tried watching a movie as there was some movies being promoted as sub-$10 deals. The menu system would not work - the remote was useless. So I called for help - and they sent someone with another remote - which had the same problem. They finally said that it was a systems issue - which did not get fixed till the time I left the hotel. And the lady on the phone at the reception did not sound apologetic about it.

I've had good experiences at the hotel. The buffet breakfast is good. The usual staff attitude is good. But maybe some things are changing. That coupled with the fact that it is always full due to group bookings, and it is always difficult to get a room (I spent over AUD 360 per night this time) doesn't seem to make it worth it any more. Maybe they are not interested in smaller individual customers..

Room Tip: Get a Darling Harbour view room. That would take advantage of the hotel's location. And as high...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear BonylesMe,

Thank you for your feedback and taking some of your valuable time to post a detailed review of your recent experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage of our hotel and please be assured we value your custom. I am grateful for both your positive and constructive comments as they allow us the opportunity to know where we did well and areas where we need to improve on. I was most concerned to learn of the service lapses that you experienced and sincerely apologise for these shortfalls and the inconvenience caused to you. This is not typical of the high standard of service that we maintain at the hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss them with you and encourage you to contact me so I may assist in ensuring that your next stay with us is a pleasant and uncomplicated one. On a positive note, thank you for the kind words you mentioned regarding your breakfast dining experience, the fine service delivery you received from our Front Office and Concierge associates. I’m sure the teams will appreciate your positive comments.
Thanks again for the gift of feedback. I hope that your concerns on this occasion will not deter you from visiting us again. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel overlooks the harbor, complete with views of fireworks over the water. The restaurant offers a great buffet for breakfast and dinner. The room is fine, with the usual appointments. Hotel staff were friendly. However, if you are paying with points, they do not offer you the gold or platinum level treatments. This is the first location where I have encountered this.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Ladeelawyer,
Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your views online, I am glad to learn that you were pleased with our great location, guest room, our restaurant’s buffet offerings and the friendly service of our associates. I can assure you that we value the patronage and loyalty of our SPG guests, and always provide recognition of their status which may differ from each Starwood hotel. I appreciate your feedback and hopefully we can welcome you again to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked here at short notice for an overnight stay with my teenage daughter, and thought that being a Sheraton this hotel would be similar to my favourite Sydney hotel the Sheraton on the Park, which was totally booked. Sadly, I was wrong! We were initially given a third floor room next to the lift shaft. We were moved to a quieter room on the fourth floor with a 'view' of the car park opposite. There are only three good things about this hotel : cleanliness, the shower head and its location. Overseas visitors should head to the Sheraton on the Park if they can, which is similarly priced, roomy and a pleasure to stay in.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Loubar1,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your constructive comments and do apologise for not meeting your expectations and for the inconvenience caused with your room allocation close to the lift area. I note that our Front Office tried to assist you with a room move to a quieter room. On the other hand, thank you for your positive words concerning the great location and the cleanliness of our hotel. Although your stay on this occasion was not up to your satisfaction, we hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney Darling Harbour in the future. If you have special preferences, do let us know and we will do our best to assist.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently wrote an accurate review of an exceptionally good stay at the Sheraton Commander Hotel in Boston, USA - a great place with great staff.

Based upon that experience, I deliberately booked to stay at the Sheraton Four Points in Sydney.
What a mistake!

If you like poor service, your bags being left unattended outside on the pavement for over 20 minutes by a porter who was clearly disinterested, and being treated like a plebe by a male receptionist because you dare to question their internet access policy then this is the place for you!!

Needless to say I will not be coming back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Andy S,
Thank you for your review and also for completing our online guest questionnaire. As advised, we appreciate your feedback and I have informed the relevant Department Heads of your concerns for follow up with their teams. Again, our sincere apologies for the shortfalls and we hope your experience on this occasion will not deter you from visiting us again. We hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Darling Harbour when you’re next in Sydney.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a 2 night stay here as the culmination of our 6 week visit to Australia. Whilst not cheap I consider the hotel still excellent value for money, in spite of parking at A$40 for 24hrs and no free WiFi.

The newly refurbished room with a view over Darling Harbour was just excellent, you'd need a suite to exceed this standard with the associated cost. The contact through the Concierge, Reception and Housekeeping was all exemplary, a great credit to the management in Sydney and the Company in general.

The location is excellent for Circular Quays (Opera House & Bridge), The Rocks (for history), shopping, and Darling Harbour itself for eating and general entertainment.

Room Tip: Whilst no views of the Opera House or Bridge, a view of Darling Harbour comes a close second, and yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Mervyn D,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to post your views online. I am glad to know that overall your stay at our hotel was met to your satisfaction and that you were pleased with our newly refurbished rooms. We have just completed the first stage of our refurbishment and we are excited for our guests to experience them. It is very reassuring that we have so far received a number of positive comments on our new product. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, hopefully soon.

Buxton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The location of this hotel is worth overlooking some of it's slight downfalls.
It has its own walkway over to Darling Harbour, witch takes all of two minutes from lobby to boardwalk. Within a five minuite walk you have Monorail, Light rail(tram), bus stops and a train station(Town Hall).
Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable, I sort of wanted to take one home. Staff were polite, friendly and helpful.
Very expensive parking, cheaper in Wilson Parking if pay online.
We had a twin room, slightly surprised to find twin single beds. I don't remember the last time a twin room was Single beds! Even in much cheaper rooms Twin rooms are at least doubles.
We booked online and got a great price and received our money's worth and would recommend staying here to O/S visitors for the location, but request Harbourview rooms in advance.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Alison k,

Thank you for your favourable and constructive feedback. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our excellent and convenient location, which is close to many exciting attractions of Darling Harbour, transport, and shopping. We receive a lot of positive comments on our great location and indeed we are fortunate to be situated in one of Sydney’s top spots! I am also happy to know that your stay with us was a comfortable and pleasant one. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour? Share your experiences!