“A reliable, central corporate hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour

You added Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Sussex St., Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #51 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Roma, Australia
“A reliable, central corporate hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Try for a harbour view room rather than city side. Eat elsewhere, the hotel is good but very expensive. Everything is as you would expect from a professional well kept establishment . Even the staff are professional and courteous rather than welcoming. Very central to all attractions but not my idea of a holiday spot. Rather more suited to the business traveller.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Raytown,

Thank you for posting our views on Tripadvisor. Indeed, we have some of the most amazing views of Darling Harbour in many of our harbour view rooms. I am glad to know that you were pleased with our convenient location, a short stroll to transport, shopping, local attractions and many exciting dining and entertainment venues, ideal for both the business and leisure travellers. Please be assured we benchmark our dining pricing to remain competitive with other hotels in similar category. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed one night with my husband recently. We have stayed at this hotel before and thoroughly enjoyed it. However this time we had a bit of a negative experience. Check-in took ages, room not ready, banging the next morning wihich we were not informed about. We were told we could have a late checkout till 4:00pm then the next morning they told us we had to be outby 2:00pm and they were only doing this as a favour. In saying that, this was one bad experience and overall this is a great hotel in a great location and I would stay here again. The rooms are spacious and the beds super comfy. Room service menu a little restricted. Buffet in the Corn Exchange typical of a big hotel - expensive for not a lot of variety.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a Darling Harbour view room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear LisaSydney,

Thank you for your review and staying at our hotel recently. I appreciate you sharing your comments as they allow us the opportunity to learn the areas where we did well and those we need to improve on. I sincerely apologise for your less than satisfactory check in/out experience and for the noise disruption. I regret that these concerns marred your stay and rest assured I have advised the relevant department heads for immediate follow-up. On the other hand, I am pleased to hear your positive comments on our great location and comfortable rooms. Thank you also for your constructive comments concerning in-room service and our restaurant buffet which I have shared with our Food & Beverage Manager. Again, thanks for the gift of feedback and I hope these concerns will not deter you from visiting us again in the future. We hope we can welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I ignored the mediocre and negative reviews posted here AND I'm glad I did!

It was my Platinum stay night and upon check-in, I was upgraded to a Harbour View room. VERY clean hotel and the views are awesome. (Especially appreciated being able to just sit on my balcony and watch the fireworks over Darling Harbour on Saturday night).

The staff was pretty good and did what they could to accommodate my requests. The concierge was very helpful...responding to my numerous requests for directions and recommendations and never became frustrated when I asked the same question 10 times! I did have telephone problems (phone in my room didn't work to call out). However, I was able to use the phone by the elevators to contact the front desk for a wake-up call. Not to much of an inconvenience for the perks.

The location is excellent and I loved the free coffee in the mornings....served near the registration desk. You can walk to Chinatown, King's Street Wharf, the Aquarium, and the pick-up stops for tour buses and Harbour cruises. There's a bottle store (liquor store), 7/24 Store (a convenience market) just across the street. There are also several great restaurants within walking distance. (Try La Cita at the King's Street Wharf).

Honestly, if you have money to burn and want to pay an arm and a leg for unnecessary frills, then go for it. If you want a hotel in Sydney that's clean, in a great location, at a reasonable price - this one is a keeper!

Thanks, Starwood! You made my Platinum night stay special!

Room Tip: Try to get a Harbour VIew room it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear RomeInJanuary,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on TripAdvisor. It is always a delight and very reassuring when we hear from our guests and learn that we have met or indeed exceeded their expectations. I am pleased to read that you appreciated our wonderful location and the service delivery of our associates and I will make sure I share with the team your very kind comments. Every now and then, there are fireworks at Darling Harbour and I am happy to know that your stay with us coincided with a spectacular display of fireworks and you were able to enjoy the show from the comfort of your room. Again, thank you for the excellent review. I am certainly glad that we have made your Platinum night a memorable and special one and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Penrith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a room on the 11th floor overlooking Darling Harbour and the view was amazing. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the room felt very cosy. We had breakfast in the restaurant and were amazed by the choices available. I'd stay again without hesitation.

Dear Trangie,

Thank you for posting your positive review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the stunning views of Darling Harbour from the comfort of your room as well as your breakfast experience at our Corn Exchange Restaurant. Guest satisfaction is a big focus at our hotel and I am pleased that we have met your expectations. Again, thank you for your excellent review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton on your next visit to Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I booked a king deluxe harbour view room for 3 days back in May and when we checked in this month were disappointed to be allocated a room on the 3rd floor where the traffic noise was terrible. We were warned that renovations were taking place on this floor but that the noise would be between 10 am and 4 pm. I asked to be moved to another room and was offered a standard room which I refused. We had been up very early so decided to have a rest in the afternoon. At 4.15pm we were woken by the noise of power tools and this went on until 5.15 pm when I went to reception and complained and asked to be moved. We were then offered a room on the 15th floor, of the same standard that we had on the 3rd floor. This room was very quiet. I don't understand why we weren't given this room to start with. As the harbour rooms face west, they can get very hot and the air conditioning in both rooms allocated to us did not cool the rooms satisfactorily. The thermostat in the room on the 15th
floor apparently was not working as the temperature would not drop below 23.8C even though we set it lower. Even when we closed the curtains through the day the room was not cool. I would not like to stay there in the heat of summer. However, the hotel is very convenient to Cockle Bay and King St Wharf restaurants and the ferry to Circular Quay.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the 3rd floor. Traffic noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Sharonld.

Thank you for your review. I appreciate and value the feedback you provided and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and discomfort caused to your on this occasion. As you mentioned, we are currently performing a room refurbishment in the hotel. There have been a lot of thorough planning and consultation to ensure minimum disruption to our guests and I am glad though that we were able to move you to a quieter room which became available later in the afternoon. The project which commenced this year is part of our ongoing commitment to continuously make improvements on our product and facilities. This certainly is a very exciting period for the hotel, and some of our newly refurbished rooms have been completed, creating a modern, fresh and revitalised look and feel for our guest rooms. As most rooms are now completed I would welcome the opportunity for you to return and ask you to please contact me so we may look after you personally and ensure your next stay is a pleasant one. Again, thank you for the gift of feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour.

chonburi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

my partner and I stayed in the four point by Sheraton this September.The Hotel is very big,more than 600 rooms , so you might have to wait for a breakfast table on some days.The check in was not very friendly,the man seemed to be tired.the harbourviewroom was ok, the lighting a bit dark.Many sights in Sydney are in a walking distance from the hotel.There is a seafood buffet every evening, but if you don't like the smell rush through the entrance hall quickly

Room Tip: we got a room on the first floor,so the view was not too good. Try to get a room on upper floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FPSS, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear wihoChonburi,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour. I am glad to know that you were happy with our great location. On the other hand, I apologise for your check-in experience. This is not typical of the high service standards that we maintain at our hotel. Please be assured I have advised your comments to our Front Office Manager for his attention and immediate follow up. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write an online review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Location is good, overlooking the harbour. Near mall and port. Staff were friendly specially the concierge. Highly recommended place to stay. They will also help you to with booking your tour. Along the CBD area and lots of restaurant nearby.

Dear Vivzkie,
Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent visit to Sydney. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us online. I am glad to know that you were pleased with our convenient location in Darling Harbour and I’m thrilled to read your comments on the excellent service you received from our Concierge associates. I will certainly share your great feedback with team and delighted to welcome you back to our hotel when you travel back to Sydney in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour? Share your experiences!