“My visit to Australia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel Sydney

You added Shangri-La Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   176 Cumberland Street,The Rocks | Sydney 2000, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #20 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Amman
“My visit to Australia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was there for business. It is a very nice hotel with beautiful view and very well located close to the Rocks, opera house and shopping area. I recommend it for high budget trips. The only thing that didn't meet my expectations was breakfast as I think it was somehow expensive compared to the offered options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (954)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I took my 83 year old mother for a trip to Sydney and we stayed at the Shangri-La in the Rocks. Everything about our stay was fabulous from our arrival in a stretch limo organised by the hotel, to our experience in the Horizon Club (highly recommended) and all interaction with the staff. High tea was lovely, massages were brilliant, pool and spa very relaxing and our executive Club Suite was very comfortable with an amazing view of the Opera House and the bridge. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The money spent on a room with a view is well worth it as the views are definitely divine in the harbour deluxe view rooms.

The hotel is very professional although I found they show a sense of arrogance towards the fact we look young and they assume we can't afford things. Like the bar on level 36 when I asked for a cheese platter she said: "how can i put it...it's expensive for the amount of cheese". It was $18 for two cheeses. That's not expensive. I'm not at a pub I clearly know what to expect. Other than that the rooms are spacious and pleasant.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for an Anniversary last month. From the moment we arrived till we checked out we felt special. Nothing was too much trouble. The room and view is to die for, the meal at the Altitude was first class, breakfast buffet was awesome and we loved the mini high tea at the lounge area. If you want to stay somewhere really special this is the location. We will stay there again for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Just ask for one with a great view.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The room we were provided was a Premier Harbourview Horizon Club and it more than met our expectations with a lovely view and comfortable bed.

Access to the Horizon Club was excellent and the amenities provided in the lounge were very good - albeit with a limited beer range.

Food provided was great with a good variance in the offerings.

What made our stay exceptional was the staff in the Horizon Club who were professional and courteous in the manner they dealt with both ourselves and other guests.

During one of the evenings when a couple of guests were extremely vocal using foul language the staff handled the situation with aplomb and displayed an attitude the hotel should be very proud of.

We are certainly making Shangri La our accommodation of choice when visiting Sydney from now on.

Please extend our thanks to your team and we look forward to staying with you soon.

West Byfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed in a junior suite here with amazing views of the Opera House and The Bridge.
The room was very large with a great king size bed and comfortable seating.
Very convenient for the Rocks area, no more than 5 mins walk away.
The staff at this hotel were both very friendly and helpful.
Our stay wasn't cheap but well worth the extra cost for the views alone.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A room facing the fantastic views is a must.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Shangri La over the weekend to mark a special occasion. We had never stayed here but we were eagerly anticipating it! I booked a standard room online, unsure what to expect. Our initial designated room was on one of the lower levels and it was a beautiful room with a view of the Sydney Opera House and the harbour. My partner called reception to see if on the off chance we could perhaps change to a room on a higher floor. Not only were the staff very accommodating of our request (it was very busy at check in, so I'm sure they were short on rooms!), a lovely woman by the name of Amanda, took the time to take us upstairs to the 34th floor and offered us a beautiful corner room overlooking the Darling Harbour side (the view was incredible over all of Sydney). Amanda was so lovely to us and even let us keep the champagne intended for the original guests.

We had such a great night there and it was really heightened by the great service from Amanda and all the employees that we dealt with.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!