“Great location for a pre or post cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay

You added Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay to your Saves list
Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Pitt Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Summer Stay & Save Sale
Ranked #22 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Newcastle, Australia
“Great location for a pre or post cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here on Australia Day after a cruise. It is just a short walk from the Overseas Passenger Terminal and so handy to the Circular Quay ferries and train station. Also the Rocks district is easily within walking distance.
The room was very nice and came with free WiFi as we were Marriott members.
We did eat in the hotel but had to go to the cafe style eatery in the foyer as the restaurant was closed that night and the food was only average. But there are many restaurants and eateries within a 10 minute walk. Starbucks is just at the bottom of the street and around the corner and you can sit outside and enjoy the location whilst having a coffee and that is near where the Sydney hop-on hop- off bus starts.
There is an Avis car rental in the hotel which is another reason we go there, either to pick up or drop off a rental when we are going on a cruise. My husband drops me and our luggage at the ship, takes the car up to the Marriott and is back within half an hour. And we do the reverse when we are getting off a ship.
I thought the Marriott was quite good value for the quality of the room and the location and I would stay here again, particularly if it was only for one night. As usual they do have a seniors rate for a city view room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Marriott's location cannot be beat if you are doing a lot of activies with ferries such as going to the Zoo or Manly Beach or the Bridge Climb. We had a standard city view room with two beds. The room and bathroom was spacious. Yes a harbour view upgrade was offered to us but we decided to keep the city view and it was fine...not as much glamour-but fine. Lobby staff was very nice. Clean and the quality you expect from a Marriott. I put solo but hotel is good for everyone-business family friends couples, etc...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed there several times for business. Great location, rooms ok, service ok. The bar at the lobby is ok too. The only big disappointment is the restaurant. Went there one time during my first stay for dinner, it looks like I was in family food court with an awful buffet I checked prior making my choice then, choosing a la carte, the meal was just average, and service quite low, and the price quite high...the next morning I just showed up to look at the breakfast, and did not stay (price was insane). I did stay like 4-5 weeks there in 2013, and never used their restaurant facility except one time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Marriott Sydney Harbour @ Circular Quay would be nice for short trips as its a few blocks from the train station & harbor and another few blocks more to the Opera House. My room was furnished very nice, the room lighting was the best I ever had for a hotel room, and quiet. The maids were very friendly and made it a point to say hi when you passed them in the halls. However, since I was staying in for three weeks, it was rather cramped. The closet was rather small for hanging clothes, and the storage space for unpacking my luggage was impossible. Didn't help that two of the drawers hid the snacks & coffee/tea and the refrig was full of various bottles of water, beer, & pop for purchase. So I basically lived out of my suitcase. No ice, vending, or laundry. Getting my clothes cleaned would cost me more that a night stay each week.
The week before my arrival, the hotel contacted me and asked what I wanted (high floor room, power adaptor & form pillows) which was a nice touch. My flight arrived early in the morning, so I purchased the room the day before so I can freshen up before I went into the office. When I checked in, the room wasn't available which I found was rather odd, but if I paid as extra $30 a night, I could get a room. Pushed that I paid for the room and was given a few offers if I paid extra. In the end, I got a low floor room, no adaptor and feather pillows. In the end, the front desk manager got involved and granted me extra Marriott Rewards points for my experience.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room away from the traffic
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Two receptionists on duty during peak check in. Manager didn't look busy - lend a hand maybe?

Lack of towels in the room. I know you can call for more but why?
Room aircon should be whisper quiet. Get a fix it man onto it.

Asked for tea at breakfast and was given a pot of water and a tea bag. Seriously! The people with coffee didn't have to make theirs.

Restaurant at dinner has no atmosphere. Drop the prices, widen the menu, attract some people and create a vibe. If it doesn't work, go back to what you have now.

Queue for the lifts. Are they all operational?

A few tweaks and this hotel could be a favourite.

Thumbs up to the concierge and the egg chef at breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My hubby booked 2 nights last year to celebrate my birthday and we loved it!! I felt so spoilt, because the hotel made us feel special in every way, the staff was super nice to us. We had a beautiful view to the opera house and the bridge, the bed and pillows were sooo comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud! room service was great and the food was delightful! we had dinner at Icons and everything was delicious. I didn't want to leave haha I highly recommend this hotel, also has a terrific location, i'm totally a Marriott fan!! <3

Room Tip: choose a high level with an opera house and harbour bridge view, you wont regret it, its a wow view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I had stayed here for 17 nights in January 2014. I was in a Bridge View room, which has a very nice view of the Harbour bridge. Circular Quay station is just a block away. Overall loved my stay here...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay? Share your experiences!