I stayed at the Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay for a week in a regular city view room. The hotel is very centrally located, very close to the Sydney Opera House and the Rocks. I arrived early in the morning, and as my room was not available at the time, the hotel directed me to the arrivals lounge where coffee and muffins were offered.
On following mornings, I enjoyd the breakfast in the restaurant very much, waiters were friendly and there was plenty to choose from.
The room, on the other hand, was nothing to write home about. Yes, it was clean but lacked storage possibilities (eg no drawers), bathroom was a bit worn out and the shower was more a "get-yourself-wet-but-nothing-more"-device than a shower, also lacking a proper thermostat. So not only was there a limited amount of water pressure, the temperature of the water tended to vary on its own. Not a very comfortable combination of features.
Overall, the hotel staff was quite friendly and helpful.
Combining the bad shower with a practice of applying a credit card surcharge of 1,5% (as if handling cash was free of charge or risk for the hotel!), I am only rating this hotel with three stars.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel Sydney
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay is the perfect hotel for those wanting a truly Sydney experience. Overlooking the sparkling Sydney Harbour and the world famous Sydney Opera House, the downtown Sydney hotel can be found at the doorstep of a shopping Mecca, and just moments away from the historic Rocks district. As Sydney’s premier waterfront hotel, guests are also invited to indulge in a luxurious array of treatments in the day spa, including indoor pool, without leaving the 5-star property. Whether savouring finely crafted cuisine at the renowned Icons brassiere restaurant or retiring to the spacious opulence of your guest room which is complete with picturesque harbour views, the accent throughout is on trusted personalised service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.