This hotel is only two blocks from the Circular Quay rail station which is a major plus as you simply walk from the train from the airport. When you buy your train ticket at the airport and are staying in Sydney for a few days, ask for the weekly pass as it costs only $43.00 and allows you unlimited train, bus and ferry rides for a week. (the cost might have gone up in the last few days}
Having never been to Sydney before, it's a great place to visit, but be prepared to walk a lot, which is really pretty good as there is a lot to see in the downtown/Rocks areas.
Now, for the Hotel, it is very nice, with nice rooms, a great view over the harbor, opera house and bridge. When I made my reservation, I requested a room on the Exectitive floor overlooking the opera house which was acknowledged. When checking in, I was offered a room overlooking the city view on a different floor. It was like they didn't get my memo, until I asked them, which they then changed my room to the 20th floor which did have an Opera House view. I did get a very nice note from their customer service manager on duty with a gift for not meeting my request which was nice, but could have been avoided had they met their commitment. Other wise, I would have given them a excellent rating.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel Sydney
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay is the perfect hotel for those wanting a truly Sydney experience. Overlooking the sparkling Sydney Harbour and the world famous Sydney Opera House, the downtown Sydney hotel can be found at the doorstep of a shopping Mecca, and just moments away from the historic Rocks district. As Sydney’s premier waterfront hotel, guests are also invited to indulge in a luxurious array of treatments in the day spa, including indoor pool, without leaving the 5-star property. Whether savouring finely crafted cuisine at the renowned Icons brassiere restaurant or retiring to the spacious opulence of your guest room which is complete with picturesque harbour views, the accent throughout is on trusted personalised service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Marriott, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.