The Sydney Marriott is ideally located close to Circular Quays for ferries and trains and a short walk away from shops, restaurants and just a little further to the amenities of Darling Harbour.
The room we had was lovely with a view out to the Opera House. However the hotel views are not compromised by the new "black glass" tower which sits between the hotel and the harbour and for us obscured any view onto the Bridge.
The room was well fitted although with a good sized bathroom with tub and separate shower, There was lovely large and comfortable bed and plenty of space to work and relax. My major complaint about the room was there was absolutely no drawer space for clothes, papers, etc.
My main complaints were on service:
1.The Executive Lounge is far too small for the demand placed on it. This is not helped by the staff not keeping an eye on the breakfast/canape buffet and items of food, crockery and cutlery constantly running out. The single hot drinks machine is a disaster particularly when it is very busy at breakfast. On one morning the Lounge was even so busy that we were moved to the main restaurant for breakfast; this however turned out to be a welcome experience as the standards in the restaurant are much better than the Lounge with excellent service and choice of foods and a far more relaxed and spacious atmosphere.
2. Likewise the queues at checkout were ridiculously long. if a copy of the bill had been provided to the room this could have facilitated the use of the express checkout, although even that facility was located close to the reception desk and difficult to see from the queue.
This property should be a high rated Marriott and such a let down in service standards and capacity is unacceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay is the perfect hotel for those wanting a truly Sydney experience. Overlooking the sparkling Sydney Harbour and the world famous Sydney Opera House, the downtown Sydney hotel can be found at the doorstep of a shopping Mecca, and just moments away from the historic Rocks district. As Sydney’s premier waterfront hotel, guests are also invited to indulge in a luxurious array of treatments in the day spa, including indoor pool, without leaving the 5-star property. Whether savouring finely crafted cuisine at the renowned Icons brassiere restaurant or retiring to the spacious opulence of your guest room which is complete with picturesque harbour views, the accent throughout is on trusted personalised service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel Sydney