Stayed four days at Marriott Sydney Harbour Circular Quay
There are many pluses: Outstanding location including 5 minute walk to Circular Quay train station and ferry terminal, clean modern rooms, some rooms with great views of harbor, and helpful staff.
And there are Minuses: Price, price and prices for everything. $2.50 AUD for a toll-free call, $14 AUD to launder a men's shirt (really), $30 (AUD) to dry clean a suit. And there are surcharges on Sunday.
Internet is free to Marriott Marquis members and works well; otherwise, $10 AUD per day.
Executive Lounge is nice oasis with complementary breakfast. Mostly simple fare, and main reason for 4 Circles. Ask for package deal that includes the Executive Lounge if you will be using the hotel for breakfast. Also includes complimentary drinks too at happy hour.
Tip #1: Use the train from the airport directly to Circular Quay...a 5 minute walk to the hotel. About $16 AUD per person including airport surcharge (you'll learn that there is a surcharge for almost everything in Australia). Less than 20 minute train ride.
Tip #2: If most concerned about reducing total cost, then pay with cash from an ATM. Hotel adds a 1.5% credit card surcharge on top of usual 2-3 percent foreign currency surcharge added by most credit cards (but not Capital One).
Gripe: $18 AUD for martini at the bar not including tip...a personal record.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel Sydney
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly refurbished Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay is the perfect hotel for those wanting a truly Sydney experience. Overlooking the sparkling Sydney Harbour and the world famous Sydney Opera House, the downtown Sydney hotel can be found at the doorstep of a shopping Mecca, and just moments away from the historic Rocks district. As Sydney’s premier waterfront hotel, guests are also invited to indulge in a luxurious array of treatments in the day spa, including indoor pool, without leaving the 5-star property. Whether savouring finely crafted cuisine at the renowned Icons brassiere restaurant or retiring to the spacious opulence of your guest room which is complete with picturesque harbour views, the accent throughout is on trusted personalised service. After a multi-million dollar refurbishment in 2011, the Sydney Harbour hotel is equipped with world class technological advancements such as high speed wireless internet and top-of-the range electronics in each room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.