I picked this hotel for its location, and we were not disappointed. Since the best way to see Sydney and get around is the ferry system this hotel's walking distance to Circular Quay, which is the main stop and hub for the ferries, is just perfect. It is also within walking distance of great restaurants and bars. Our first night we had some flight delays and ended up cancelling our dinner reservation and just ordered room service, because we were beat, and I must say the room service was really quite good.
Our room was cozy, with a view of the Opera house although I have to say you had to be quite close to the window and look quite far to the left to see the opera house (from behind), so I felt a little cheated on that. Also, the bathroom wasn't the cleanest, the tub had visible stains and hair from the previous guest, since we just had two nights and no baths planned I didn't complain but it does make you wonder about the rest of the room.
The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was delicious.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel Sydney
- Marriott Sydney Harbour At Circular Quay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay is the perfect hotel for those wanting a truly Sydney experience. Overlooking the sparkling Sydney Harbour and the world famous Sydney Opera House, the downtown Sydney hotel can be found at the doorstep of a shopping Mecca, and just moments away from the historic Rocks district. As Sydney’s premier waterfront hotel, guests are also invited to indulge in a luxurious array of treatments in the day spa, including indoor pool, without leaving the 5-star property. Whether savouring finely crafted cuisine at the renowned Icons brassiere restaurant or retiring to the spacious opulence of your guest room which is complete with picturesque harbour views, the accent throughout is on trusted personalised service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.