“Hilton Sydney fail customer service test” 2 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #38 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Hilton Sydney fail customer service test”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hilton treat people who book through 3rd parties [ or in my case 4th parties ] Qantas via Expedia as second rate guests - I was subject to terse service, a less than honest recording of my photo idea and no recourse when I asked to see the terms and conditions that I had agreed to, which if I had booked direct, wouldn't have applied.

And a request to talk to the General Manager was refused...

Room Tip: I recommend they try some where else
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Hilton Sydney is in a fantastic location but I have stayed at better hotels! Although the rooms may seem to have some cool features, such as the in-shower television (aqua-vision) but once you turn the shower on you can't hear it anyway! The bed was not comfortable ( a bit too hard) for my liking... and be careful with the mini bar as items touched for more than a few seconds are automatically charged to your room as it works on an automatic system! On more of a lighter note.. it is positioned directly opposite QVB making it a Shopaholics paradise.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hilton Friday - Sunday because although we live in Sydney I wanted to take my husband away for a relaxing weekend with no travel to celebrate his recent birthday.

I booked a relaxation room as it was a special occasion and was chuffed when I checked in and was asked if we were staying for any special reason. I thought perhaps I would find a bottle of champagne or a drinks voucher etc. I was a little disappointed that this ended up just being a random question.

But first I had to get into our room which was not ready until after 4pm (check in is 3pm). I had access to the Executive Lounge which is a very comfortable place to wait with lovely snacks, drinks and reading material. But really I just wanted to get into my room. Eventually I got there and was assured that my luggage would be there. 2 phone calls and 20 mins later it was. This was frustrating as due to all the delays I was now running very tight to get ready to meet my husband for surprise drinks after work.

Anyway, the room was large, comfortable, bed and pillows good. The highlight is probably the wonderful bath which we did find an opportunity to use. There is also a great closet and the desk area is very useable. The main TV (there are 2, I near the bath so you can really indulge if that is your thing) was on a great wall mount and you could watch very comfortably lying in bed if you wished or on the couch/easy chair.

But the real problem was the room's location. It was basically next to the lift well and the sound of the lifts whirring, whistling and whining up and down from 6am - 10pm was very annoying. It was just not an appropriate location for one of the higher rate rooms to be frank.

On Sunday morning before check out, I spoke with the manager on duty about my disappointment and I have to say he was very good. He was understanding and offered us a discounted rate and took the bar drinks we had had off our bill. This was not an insignificant gesture. He also gave me his card and asked me to contact him next time I was returning and he would personally look after our booking.

And the fact is we will be back. The manager turned my disappointment around with his excellent service and although I would never stay in room 3026 again or near the lift well I would definitely come back. The Hilton is brilliantly located in Sydney it is so central and the service was very, very good. It was a pity about our room but overall we had a great stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is absolutely immaculate and definetly meets the Hilton standards. The room was great and service was was impeccable. I stayed for 20 nights for a business trip. So let's talk about the expenses.. $68 a day for parking..Wow!!Don't drive..Next, Internet was ridiculously high.. $145 for every 7 days and room service food was extremely high..Do yourself a favor and book with the breakfast option bundle..otherwise you will spend a lot of cash eating out!! Look for good deals..This hotel is definitely the place to be for business travelers..Not exactly kid friendly..Very quiet hotel..

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hawkesbury, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Room is very convenient in the heart of the city close to amenities. Bed was comfortable and room was clean, there is no view but the location makes up for that. Staff were friendly & efficient. We got a good deal on the room and will be going back soon. Parking was expensive at $68 a day.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Del Mar, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is an excellent business hotel right in the center of the city. Use the lounge for business meetings, great food and service. Also use the fitness center with pool, sauna etc. The restaurant at the hotel is very good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I have stayed her twice, with our most recent stay in February this year. We absolutely love the location of the hotel. With it being centrally located you can pretty much walk every and not have to worry about renting a car and all the hassles that go along with that. There is a bike rental just outside the lobby and the concierge has the bike locks and helmets to go with the bikes which is extremely convenient. The lobby is less than exciting. Of course I suppose people aren't staying at a hotel for the lobbies but it just isn't as nice and inviting as I would have hoped. The staff is great and most helpful whether you're talking to someone at the front desk, in housekeeping, or in the executive lounge. Speaking of the executive lounge it is pretty awesome. The breakfast and evening hors-d'oeuvres offered in the executive lounge are wonderful. There is a considerable amount of variety so everyone will find something they like. The rooms are spacious although as someone else also mentioned you can feel like you're going on a hunt searching for the light switches b/c they are sometimes in what I would consider odd places. The drapes/blinds don't block out all the light so if you're a light sleeper and the morning sun will wake you up, you might want to bring some night shades.

During our most recent trip we ordered room service which we typically don't do in part b/c of the larger expense as well as b/c so often the food is overcooked. Well...we were NOT disappointed at all with this room service. We ordered the lamb and requested it be cooked medium rare and that is exactly what we got!!!! The meal was absolutely delicious. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection.

Overall, the hotel is a great place to stay and both times we've been there we've been able to get into our room earlier than expected which was great after such a long flight there. We'll definitely stay again the next time we find ourselves in Sydney.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!