My husband and I stayed at the Sydney Hilton for a Saturday night.
We arrived at 2.30pm - granted it's a little earlier than the 3pm check in time but as Hilton Honour members we were hoping we might be able to get into our room a bit early.
We were told the room wasn't quite ready and were offered to spend the time in the Exec Lounge - which is quite nice. By 4.50pm and after many enquiries we were finally shown to our room - almost 2 hours after check-in time. Our bags were not waiting for us in the room as we had been promised, in fact it took 3 calls to the Concierge before they arrived.
We are local travellers, it would have been a terrible welcome had we travelled 24 hours from Europe and had to wait so long for a room. I might have expected a bottle of wine or something by way of an apology from an organisation like the Hilton - but no, there was nothing other than the standard small bottle of red wine that all Honours guests receive.
The Exec Lounge for evening drinks and canapes as well as breakfast was good value. The pool, gym and spa are all excellent - I had a lovely massage.
The standard room was as you'd expect at the Hilton - though by no means large and for $290 is probably not great value - try to get a deal if you can or spend your money somewhere with a bit more character, especially if you are not there for business.
The location in Sydney is perfectly central and I recommend a drink at Zeta Bar and dinner at Glass Restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Sydney Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.