“Could have been perfect. ” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #36 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Could have been perfect. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

It could have been a perfect stay. The hotel is modern, new and clean. I was upgraded. The room was large, quiet and well appointed. The service was friendly and efficient.

Just two things stopped this review being 5/5.

1) There was a 1/2 drunk bottle of water in the mini-bar. This was quickly replaced by the hotel when I alerted them to it, (I didn't want to have the charge on my statement as I was using express check out so wouldn't have a chance to explain the issue) but after all this, it turns out I've been charged for the bottle I didn't use.

2) I had to call the hotel, twice, to obtain a tax invoice which was annoying. Only then did I see the mini bar charge so now we need to arrange a refund, obtain another receipt etc etc. as it's a business trip..

It's these little things that make the difference between an excellent experience and an average one.

However, otherwise it's superb.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your review about your recent experience.

I was sorry to read about the various hiccups you encountered on your last visit. Please be certain I have shared your valuable comments with my senior management team to ensure we are delivering the highest standard of service consistently, particularly with regards to the details you've mentioned; and we truly regret any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

I appreciate your feedback and hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney at some stage in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

You expect a lot of the Hilton brand and this hotel definitely delivers on that promise. The rooms are great, the staff have the right mix of professionalism and friendliness and the Executive Lounge is a god-send. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: The Executive rooms are the way to go
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks so much for posting a review following your visit.

I appreciate your comments - We indeed have a wonderful team here at Hilton Sydney and we all hope to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I attended a tax conference for work. The hotel and its facilities were first class. The meals during the conference were excellent to say the least. perhaps I should have used their gym to work off all that great food. Zetta's bar on the 4th floor was a stunning place. It has a great variety of drinks, good views out to the dome of the QVB building and a real warm feel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Many thanks for your wonderful review.

I was glad to see you made the most of our venue and enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I'll keep it short and sweet. Amazing location, perfect customer service and valets. But DO NOT TOUCH BAR FRIDGE. Me being stupid I opened it and saw heaps of mini alcohols.. I ripped them out to show my partner jokingly and even though we didn't drink them and put them back the bar fridge was of course automatic and I got charged $208 for bar fridge use :( also there is no amazing pool, just a stupid gym racing pool attached to the hotel. Fantastic service I must repeat.

• Stayed October 2013
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback about your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with our service and location; however we sincerely regret any inconvenience caused in relation to the minibar in your room.
It is unfortunate that you were unaware of this system, as we endeavour to provide as much notice as possible about this automated technology by way of signage on the refrigerator and on the minibar menu.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The public spaces are gorgeous and lots of choices for food and drink. Zeta and Marble bar have different characters but both gorgeous spaces. There's also a coffee shop in the lobby but didn't try that. Glass is just a beautiful space for breakfast or dinner. Loved the high ceilings and the windows facing QVB. Special mention to Julianne(?) at the Glass reception. Very friendly and wonderful customer service. Overheard her welcoming back the regulars. Food is just as good. Tried room service the first night and although it took longer than 30 mins to come up, it was very tasty, still warm and good portion sizes.
I only had a regular room which I found to be quite small. Good enough for business travellers though. Very little room to make a cup of tea etc. And the automatic mini bar was a bit of a surprise. If travelling with kids and need a fridge, you'd need to call and ask for an additional fridge as you couldn't add anything to the one already in the room. And if you move anything you immediately get charged for it. The bathroom is also quite squishy. However, everything is spotlessly clean! I liked the rain shower, the TV in the bathroom and the window blinds. If you want a sleep in, they are perfect as it kept the room dark - wouldn't have thought the windows were facing a busy city street. Agree with other reviewers about the location. Smack bang in the middle of everything. Harbours, shopping, park a quick walk away. Okay for business but probably book a suite if travelling with a companion/ family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay.

Wonderful to see that you enjoyed your experience overall and that you were pleased with our facilities and services. Thank you for mentioning Julianna in Glass Breakfast, to whom we will pass on your kind comments.

We all hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Merrimac, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Sydney Hilton. Very impressive hotel and restaurant. I was upgraded to the 38th level with great city views. Hotel was very close to all I needed in Sydney. Recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you will return for a longer stay next time you're in Sydney.

hong kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Let me make this clear - this is a review about the day spa attached to Hilton, and not one of the hotel itself (the hotel itself is superb with great restaurants and great rooms).

You would expect that a day spa attached to a hotel like Hilton would be something special. It wasn't. It was worse than any beauty salon you would find in a shopping mall.

Firstly, the "spa" is attached to the Health club next to the Hilton. It is not even in the Hilton main building. To get to the spa, you have to enter the Health club/gym, walk past all the running machines and the smell of sweat overcomes you.

Next you find "Alysium spa". The door looks like the entrance to the bathroom. Inside was a tiny reception area. You are then greeted by an over-enthusiastic receptionist, who is obviously trying to make up for the bad reviews from below entries.

Now I have been looking forward to a nice girly catch up, relaxing day at the "day spa" with my girlfriend. Our voucher apparently entitled us to a 60 mins massage, and 15 minutes body scrub, as well as the swimming pool, sauna and steam room for the day.

My friend and I were then ushered into a couples room. The treatment room was very cold and despite me commenting about this a few times, nothing was done about it. I could not relax the entire time because it was so cold.

We were then told that the treatment is over and there were no instructions on what to do next. I looked up and saw that it was only around 65 minutes. We wondered where the body scrub was, and worked out that the "body scrub" was when they use a fork-like object to lightly scrub your limbs for a minute or two before starting the massage on that body part. WOW. Definitely different to all the proper body scrubs Ive had in other beauty salons.

We then worked out that using the swimming pool, sauna and steam room meant that we are sharing the facilities in the gym. We were not given any direction on where to go for this - we were just left in the treatment room by ourselves. When I poked my head out to ask for directions in my towel, there was no staff about, however, there was another customer, male, sitting in the reception area, who saw me and just kept staring. Uncomfortable.

In the end, I just took a quick shower in the treatment room (it really looked like a room in a private hospital with a tiny little shower) and got out of there.

Hilton - surely you don't want to be associated and dragged through the mud with absolutely sub-par service and facilities like this? When I book a day spa associated with a reputable hotel, I expect elegance, service and a relaxing experience. My time at Alysium Spa was definitely none of this.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us following your experience at Alysium Day Spa.

Although we strive to exceed all guest expectations, I was sorry to read that the service you received on your recent visit did not meet your expecations.
We invite you to contact the team directly at Alysium Day Spa or at Hilton Sydney, allowing us to look into your experience and complaint in further detail, and enabling the team to respond to you personally.

Thank you again for your feedback which we have taken on board, and I do hope we will hear from you soon.

Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!