“Good hotel in a central location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #36 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in a central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Sydney a few days ago. The staff were very helpful and accommodating and even produced a bottle of champagne and chocolates as it was Linda's birthday. Would stay here again.

The room was on the top floor (43rd) but unfortunately the views were not great - we had an even taller building blocking the view!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your great feedback on Trip Advisor.

Wonderful to read that you and your wife enjoyed your special stay with us and glad our efforts contributed to a memorable Birthday celebration for her. We all look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubbo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The staff were kind and attentive. The hotel was fresh, airy and clean. The executive lounge was inviting and the refreshments available were lovely. I appreciated being referred to the Glass Brasserie for complimentary breakfast when the Executive Lounge was full. Overall it was an amazing weekend. I was in town for a wedding at the QVB so the Hilton was such a convenient choice. Many thanks for the outstanding service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

Wonderful to read that you enjoyed your weekend with us and it was our pleasure to host you.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Adelaide Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

checked in with my wife- room is to small-like a matchbox- asked about upgrade to larger room that had a table and they wanted another 165 a night-which would have meant around 500 per night. I thought about it as i fired up my laptop to get my emails. When I tried to log onto the wifi it said charge 14.95 per hour or $30 a day or $145 any longer.
We travel alot and have stayed in other hilton hotels and generally been okay, however if you are going to spend this type of money I recommend the the shangri la chain as we have had superior rooms, service and value. Also my wife had complained and i am dissapointed with the lack of interest - other than the final comment - "I am sorry you feel that way"- obviously not her problem as her manager told her that he was not interested unless we cough up the 500 per night

Room Tip: Location in cbd great- room ok - if only 1 person staying-i would say thats why it is rated 27th dow...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Naturally, I was disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction on this occasion and whilst I understand that we did not meet your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hilton Sydney with details of your stay which will enable us to respond to your feedback directly and more specifically.

Thank you for your time and I hope we will hear from you soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the hilton, the staff were so friendly and accommodated to our ever need. Will definitely be back for more relaxing at this hotel. Breakfast was amazing wish we could wake up to such a large selection every morning..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you had a fantastic stay with us and thank you for choosing Hilton Sydney - We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My first time staying at The Hilton Sydney and I was quite impressed - location is good and central if you are working in the CBD and close to Town Hall Station for working out in North Ryde.
Furnishings are luxury and decor is clean and fresh and modern.
Great lobby with cafe, loads of seating, bars - generally a great space to have coffee meetings or to work pre and post checkin/out.
Pros - central, clean, lovely comfortable bed with good range of pillows. Good shower. Good lobby. Concierge staff are awesome, very helpful (I have tested this a few times since when not staying there asking for a taxi or directions).
Cons - small room (good for 1 person), checkin staff are efficient but not friendly. No free wifi in rooms.
Will stay here again when the price is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review about Hilton Sydney.

It was wonderful to read your positive comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I was sorry to see that your check in experience was not friendly and rest assured I have relayed your comments to our Front Office Manager, to ensure that we are consistently delivering the warm and welcoming service that Hilton Sydney prides itself on.

Appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to serving you again in the not too distant future.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have been Hilton Gold or Diamond for at least the past 10 years - I stay in a lot of Hiltons when I am traveling on business. Generally, however, when my wife and I are traveling for pleasure we stay at higher end chains (e.g. 4 Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, etc.) but for this trip as we were traveling with my wife's 15 y.o. son and his BFF we opted for the Sydney Hilton as a more kid friendly place and because its location was perfect for our two days of sight seeing in Sydney. This turned out to not be a typical Hilton. Much more upscale. The location was great and I would recommend it to anyone on a non-business visit to SYD. Because of my Gold status we were upgraded to an Executive Level floor and had access to the lounge - best lounge of any Hilton I've stayed at with great and varied selections throughout the day. The service was what one would expect at a 5-Star property. Gracious, helpful, polite and efficient. I would normally not rate what is, after all, a 4-star property with 5 TA stars but have done so here because of the high service level. Rooms were small as one would expect in a densely population metro area but were well decorated and spotless. The hotel accommodated our request for rooms that were adjoining so that we could keep an eye one the teenagers and we appreciated the hotel's efforts to make that happen. All in all these are the reasons for our feeling that it was the best Hilton stay ever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor.

We continually strive to exceed our guests' expectations and it is always encouraging for myself and our team to read reviews such as yours.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again, when your travels next bring you to Sydney.

Central Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had forgotten it was the weekend of the City to Surf so when trying to find a place to stay in central Sydney was very difficult. I booked an Executive room at the Hilton for one night. It was a beautiful room, clean, well appointed and comfortable. The room cost included a lot of complimentary benefits such as afternoon tea which was delicious with as much as you wanted to eat. The scones, strawberry jam and cream are a must. Also included were evening drinks and canapes which we did did not go to as we had eaten too many scones! Breakfast in the morning was also complimentary and there was a very large selection. All staff were very helpful and pleasant. My only complaint was that I paid with a debit card but still charged the merchant service fee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review.

I was delighted to read that you were pleased with your overall experience; however please do not hesitate to contact us directly regarding the credit card surcharge, as this fee should not apply to payments made by EFTPOS.

Thank you again for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!