We have been meaning to stay at the Hilton Sydney since their renovations. So we seized the opportunity to have a weekend away and stay at this Sydney staple. We arrived later in the evening and found the car park underneath the building to be a bit haphazard and confusing. There were no marked bays so it was difficult to know where to park. In saying that, the car park is run by SecureParking. Checkin was efficient and friendly and our standby upgrade was granted. City views from the room up George St from Level 40 were pleasant although there was only two windows in the room on either side of a concrete pillar. Would have been preferable to have the window take up the entire wall so as to have an uninterrupted view. There were mechanical blackout blinds which was a nice touch not seen previously in any hotels we have stayed at. The room was small but cosy and reasonably appointed. The bathroom as well was tight in parts with shower and bath. The shower rose was nothing to write home about however did have reasonable pressure. The drain in the shower was perfect (underneath the door capturing all run off and not flooding the floor!). The other bug bear that we had was the usual complaint of having two beds pushed together. If you book a King room you should expect a full king bed and not two put together. I can understand that the hotel would want to be able to configure the room to be a twin when necessary but it makes the bed incredibly uncomfortable in the middle where it meets. Room service was delicious and prompt. Checkout staff were a little aloof. The location of the hotel is well suited to all usual amenities. Would recommend if you could get a reasonable rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney