“Happy to stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #33 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Canberra
“Happy to stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

On my stay I couldn't really fault the hotel. The room was nice, clean and modern, the view was OK. Location is great. I got a cheap rate for a Sunday night (about $150) and was more than happy with what I got. Generally when I look to book here, the rate seems a bit high for what you get, but if you can get a good deal, definitely worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney earlier this year.

I appreciate your comments and I hope we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Positives:The location, the lobby, the room on the 34th level ie the view, the wood looking back wall on bed, the square pillows, so soft!!!!! The free wifi in lobby. Didn't go to the restaurant, but it was packed and very upmarket looking with a fantastically high ceining, you knew you were in a Hotel.The negatives: No hot chocolate option for teenage daughter, all coffee and tea. Pool/gym area a bit dated looking, didn't know of sensors in fridge. Great mix of travellers all being catered for - definitely would return, and I should mention we got an incredible 1 night special price after searching on internet for just that, and a long weekend. Staff very obliging when asked to look after bags from well before check in, and to give us a 'room with a view'. PS re sleep quality: blinds a plus. We nearly didn't wake up.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want - we got the city view and a bit of the water
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for posting your review following your visit to Hilton Sydney.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I am glad you had a wonderful stay at our fine property. However, should you wish to order hot chocolate beverages in future, please do not hesitate to contact MAGIC via your room phone who can organise this via Room Service for you, or alternatively hot chocolates are also served at Cafe Cino in the hotel lobby.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Sydney and we hope to see you again soon.

Chengdu, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel, however, overall it was a disappointing stay for such a renowned 5-Star hotel.

Not having free Wifi and having t pay $30 dollars for 24 hours is unbelievable in this day and age - and was compounded by having to pay twice when I used a computer in the business centre for 5 minutes.

I waited for 20 minutes for the Concierge to turn up to try and change a flight booking - and after 20 minutes gave up and returned to my room When I did get the Concierge he graciously dialed a number and handed the phone to me - which I could have easily done myself.

Another reviewer mentioned the lighting being difficult - and I fully concur - trying to get the lights turned on was a mission.

When I compare the Hilton with other 5 star hotels (Raddisson, Langham for example) I would opt for for either of these.

For me I wasn't impressed as I hoped i would have been.

Location however is excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback about Hilton Sydney.

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with various aspects of your stay and we have taken your comments on board.
I am aware that our Concierge team, when contacting the Airlines on our guests’ behalf, are often required by the Airline to pass on the phone to the passenger travelling, as part of their security standards and requirements; however we sincerely regret any disappointment or inconvenience caused at the time and should you wish to provide us with any further feedback regarding this situation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at Hilton Sydney.

Once again thank you for sharing your views with us and I do hope we will have another opportunity to serve you again at Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here with my partner recently for a weekend, and honestly no complaints with the room, staff, or hotel in general - but the parking situation and parking attendants leave much to be desired. This would not however stop me staying again.

The hotel was quite easy to find, even being in the middle of Sydney. Chose not to utilise the valet parking option (in hindsight we probably just should have) instead using the secure parking option underneath the hotel. There wasn't much direction on where to go, so just drove down, found a car park, and parked the car. Started walking towards the elevators and had a car park attendant come and yell at us for parking our own car...? Told us we had to bring the car for him to park - quite confusing as we did not realise that the 'non-valet' parking still required someone else to park your car. Not to mention the gent was really rude about it, and made the whole process very confusing. Unpacked all bags from the car, left the keys in the car (not overly happy about that) and went up to the hotel.

We were early and the room was not ready, however the porters took our bags without an issue and we wandered around for a couple of hours until the room was ready - still earlier than expected so that was good.

Room was on the 26th floor, and luggage already in the room. We had just booked the basic room, however we were so impressed by having a TV in the shower - have never seen anything like this before - I guess it wasn't 100% necessary but it was just seriously amazing!! Would have been good to have a bath to really enjoy it.

The bed was nice and soft, the pillows were perfect for me, however did notice they have a pillow menu as well. They do have an automatic mini bar, and again nothing unexpected, but $7.50 for a can of coke - you can order up another fridge to put your own items in, but this seemed like too much trouble. We just made do with a bit of space in their fridge. Must have knocked one of the items at one stage as we had a phantom tonic water show up on our account, however this was taken off with no fuss on check out.

We were out of the room on both evenings, and it was such a pleasure coming back after the run down service - and can I say the black out blinds are the best I have ever experienced - we woke up at 8am still thinking it was the middle of the night!

Did not dine in the hotel, however did have some drinks at the Zeta Bar - looks like they have won lots of awards and they are quite deserving - really well decorated, if you book you can have your own private booth thing, and the cocktails are fantastic. Again a bit pricey, but what we expected from a 5 star hotel.

Check out was very smooth, they do have a 1.5% surcharge on credit cards, which I think is quite reasonable given other places charge a lot more.

Went down to get the car at the finalisation of our stay, and told the attendants we were hotel guests - this then gave us the hotel guest discount - from memory it ended up costing $95.00 for the two days just to park the car - Valet parking at the hotel was only about $60 per night and for the service next time I would pay for this. The lady that got our ticket for us asked if we'd parked ourselves, and I did mention I'd tried but someone had then yelled at us, and she seems very put out that I'd even mentioned anything. This is definitely something for the Hilton to look at, as, though I realise it is not their company, unfortunately this service does reflect on their guests experience.

Overall, we did have a fantastic stay and will stay again, however will probably choose valet over the regular parking next time to avoid a slightly unpleasant beginning and end to our visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor.

I greatly appreciate your feedback and we sincerely regret any inconvenience or frustration caused as a result of the service you received from the team at Secure Car Park on this occasion – Please be assured I have personally shared your valuable comments with Secure Car Park's Senior Management team.
However, I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Hilton Sydney and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

As a regular visitor to Sydney for business and pleasure I need a hotel in the middle of the action, not to one side or the other. The rooms at the Hilton are not the largest in town but they offer great value. Room service is always very quick and helpful, car parking attendants are polite and efficient in retrieving my car. Check in is very helpful with early check in and late check out. Glass restaurant is perfect for both breakfast and dinner with the nightclubs excellent for that night cap.

Room Tip: Request to not be near the elevators as you get lift noise from early morning.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Many thanks for your pleasant review following your visit to Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and made the most of our hotel’s facilities during your stay.

I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again very soon.

Figtree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Sydney. What a beautiful luxurious place!!! Everything was first class. It is close to everything. There's a free bus that you can use. We went to a concert at the State Theatre so we were able to walk.

Room Tip: We stayed on 21st floor. We had a good view of the city and the renovations of the town hall. The ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I appreciate your comments and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney sometime in the not too distant future.

Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Another great stay. This hotel remains a modern, comfortable hotel in a great location on Pitt/George Street right in the heart of Sydney's shopping and tourist area. Great leisure facilities with large pool, spa, steam rooms, saunas and massive gym. Food is excellent and buffet breakfast is one of the best.

Be careful with your room choice and don't pay more than you need to. Deluxe/Exec rooms are really pretty much all the same size with little difference - certainly not worth the extra. So book a standard room, or a suite and nothing in between or the extra you pay won't be worth it. If you book a standard/exec room request a corner room as they tend to be larger.

This is a great hotel in a great location.

One negative, the rennovation of the executive lounge leaves a lot to be desired. No idea what designer they hired, but it was better before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I am pleased you enjoyed your overall experience with us and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!