“Corner room, great view” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #35 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Vancouver, Canada
“Corner room, great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The room was nice and clean with a great view. We could look in two separate directions so got some excellent pictures from the windows. Comfortable beds. There is a lack of drawers to store your clothes in which we found a bit odd. Good desk though. There is no free wifi at the hotel, but did find some at the Customs House which worked really well. Tourist sites were all walkable from the hotel as it is quite centrally located. Did not eat at the hotel as prices were high. Found a Woolworths close buy where we found a quick continental breakfast we could eat in our room. Lots of restaurants nearby to eat at and good selection of different types of ethnical foods.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay at Hilton Sydney. However, please be advised for future visits that we do offer complimentary WiFi in the Lobby of our hotel and the password can be obtained from our friendly staff at Reception or Concierge.

I do hope we will serve you again soon at Hilton Sydney.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed there for four nights and had a great time in Sydney thanks to the location which couldn't have been better; almost all attractions are walking distance. The service and concierge were excellent too. The rooms were clean and well designed but had a more 'business' than leisurely feel to them. Tariffs and food were a tad bit expensive but you can't expect any less from a 5 star hotel so well located. Would stay here again if visiting Sydney. Recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that you were pleased with your choice of hotel during your honeymoon, (Congratulations on your Wedding!) and I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again one day for your Anniversary perhaps.

Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Awesome service when checking-in and out. The iron in our room wasn't working and the staff were very helpful and promptly brought a new one up. Nice clean rooms. The fridge is an automatic charge to your account if you have anything, but they offer a small portable fridge should you require one, which we did. Nice comfortable sleep. Buffet breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at our hotel in future.

Civitavecchia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a great weekend we had at the Hilton recently. From the moment of arrival to the moment of departure, the staff were friendly, obliging and engaging. We had an amazing dinner at Luke Mangan's restaurant, staff again made the experience memorable. It was worth paying extra for a King Room to get access to the lounge. The views from there are outstanding and perfect for Pre dinner drinks, an afternoon coffee and a leisurely Sunday breakfast. Got a wonderful surprise with a celebration birthday balloon delivered to our room and birthday greetings inscribed with chocolate on the dessert plate - and what desserts!!! We also had an afternoon of relaxation in the pool and spa area, and steamed ourselves until cooked. What luxury! Yes, this is not a budget hotel, the rooms are not huge and you might pay more than you intended to, but well worth the expense for a special weekend.

Room Tip: I would imagine all rooms have a high standard, no matter what floor you are on. This is the Hilton...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your Birthday celebrations with us and that you were pleased with your experience at Hilton Sydney.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Sydney in August and was really happy with it. Had a great room and breakfast each morning was superb. When I stayed again in late February it seemed like management has changed or something - it has definitely gone downhill. When I arrived I was given a room on the 20th floor and I was quickly on my way since it was almost midnight and I had to be up by 5am. Upon exiting the elevator I was quickly greeted by the disgusting odor of cigarette smoke. I walked down the long hallway to the very end where my room was. I was then greeted by a sign that said, "This is a smoking room". I was shocked! I was traveling for business and would NEVER reserve a smoking room. The room reeked! I then rang the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room. They were hesitant, but then were able to switch rooms. I waited another 20 minutes until my second room was ready. The second room was on the 41 ( i think) floor. The room was ok - but just irritating that they didn't tell me when I checked in or asked if a smoking room was ok. I didn't think hotels even has smoking rooms anymore?? The hotel is ok - but the room rate was $299 - for basically my 5 hour stay! Definitely not worth it and I'm sure their are some neater 'boutique' hotels in the CBD that are nicer and better off staying at. Hilton is just a name these days - and definitely not living up to the hype they once had...

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 20th floor it's all smoking rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I have noted your feedback regarding your arrival experience and I can understand your frustration over receiving a non-smoking room upon check in, particularly if this was not what you had reserved. We have investigated the situation to the best of our ability and it appears that on the night of your arrival, our last non-smoking room unfortunately had some urgent maintenance that was being carried out; hence the delay you encountered when changing rooms and for which we sincerely apologise - I can imagine the inconvenience.

However, I appreciate your feedback on the matter and once again, our deepest apologies over what transpired on this recent occasion.

I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney at some stage in the future, for a stay which is memorable for all the right reasons.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed in our fare share of hotels throughout Australia and worldwide - the Sydney Hilton was disappointing. Over priced for their small rooms.

This was our first time at the Sydney Hilton. From the moment we walked through the revolving door and stood at reception not one person helped with our luggage. We booked in and got our room key, no directions and still no help with the luggage.

We stayed in the King deluxe room in which felt more like staying in a oversized box. We were very disappointed with the size of the room. The bathroom was nice but the frosted green glass on either side of the bedroom and bathroom side prevented us having a good night sleep as every time throughout the night when my husband or myself would go to the toilet we would be woken by the light shining through the glass.

Whilist nice and clean - value for money was very poor.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Hilton Sydney.

I was very sorry to see that you were not given assistance during your arrival experience and please be assured your feedback has been taken on board and communicated to the Department Manager concerned, to ensure we are delivering the standards expected of us here at Hilton Sydney.

It is most unfortunate that your sleep was disrupted from the light coming through the frosted glass of your bathroom, however please be informed we also have a nightlight switch available which is not as bright and may lessen any disturbance at that hour. Although, should you return to Hilton Sydney in future, you may prefer one of our Guest Room Plus rooms which have no glass walls from the bathroom to the bedroom.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback and I hope we will have another chance to welcome you back to Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

great hotel great views and very clean staff all nice and friendly.good location right in the heart of the city close to the harbour and circular quay a good hotel for sydney shopping.hotel also has a good parking area.first floor has a very comfortable bar and eating area agreat place for afew days in sydney.

Room Tip: the higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney and I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience.

I hope to see you again soon.

Michael Bourne

Been to Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!