“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We recently stayed for Xmas day and Boxing Day. This is a very nice hotel, well located being central to everything. The food, we had room service once, was fantastic. Our corner room had a great view, was exceptionally clean and had everything we needed. The only downer was the cost of the parking but I guess that is the price in sydney

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review.

I appreciate your comments and we hope to serve you again in the near future, at Hilton Sydney.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The rooms are really comfortable. One of the best hotel beds I have had. Staff were pretty accommodating, we had a late flight so got complimentary late check out and access to their gym and spa for the day.

But some of the basic business hotel things you come to expect were missing. No toothpaste/toothbrush, no razor, no complimentary water bottles. Everything there would cost at least 3 times retail price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was pleased to learn that you were happy with our service. However, should you wish to receive complimentary amenities on future stays, such as toothbrushes etc, please do not hesitate to contact MAGIC via the MAGIC button on the guestroom phone and our friendly team will be happy to supply you with your requested items.

Thank you again and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney sometime in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights towards end of nov. upgrade was expected and 1 night later was moved to a top floor room on request. They didn't move my toiletteries bag and had to call up thrice to find it and be brought to my new room. Had asked for a room with a view of George street and darling harbour and the reception said yes, but got the room on the other side. So much for attention to detail.
Apart from the above issues was a good stay and the breakfast at glass as usual was great

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience. However, I do apologise for the service breakdowns which transpired during your stay and please be assured I have addressed these with the relevant Departments. Your comments are very much appreciated and can only help to improve our team.

Thank you for your time and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We arrived 9 am to put our luggage to store since their check in time is 3pm. We were pleasantly surprised when concierge (Ronald) asked to check with reception in case the room is ready for check-in. On inquiry from reception we were advised that we can check in and were offered an upgrade for a nominal fee - which we took as a gesture of appreciation for letting us check in early.

Rooms were very neat and clean and well stocked. The only thing I didn't liked was that we had to pay for Internet ($20+/day). Not that we need it (since we were live in Melbourne, our phone had enough internet facility but for guests from overseas I think its a good facility to have) but still I think this should be a complimentary service for guests staying at any hotel around the globe. Maybe next time they will have free access for the guest.

The hotel is located in the heart of Sydney CBD. It's couple of minutes from Town Hall station and short walks from Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and China Town. So a big thumbs up to location.

Hotel have a nice cafe in the lobby area - loved their coffee's. Would recommend it, however their breakfast menu may improve.

We checked out on 26th December and check out was very smooth. The receptionist (Julia) was great - she took time to chat to us and offered any assistance (taxi etc) we may need. However, we didn't liked the idea of extra 1.5% surcharge on credit cards - we live in a world of plastic money. 1.5% is not a pain to pay but it's understandable when we are traveling to a budget hotel - not for a five star.

All in all we had very peaceful and happy stay at Hilton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay with us at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to see that you were pleased with your overall experience and I have shared your pleasant feedback with our team accordingly.

I have also noted your comments regarding the internet charges and as an alternative to this option, we do currently offer complimentary WiFi in the hotel lobby and in our Executive Lounge.

In relation to the credit card fee, please be advised that the 1.5% surcharge policy is commonly practiced in Australian hotels and businesses and exists to cover the Bank fees incurred with every credit card transaction that takes place. We sincerely regret any disappointment caused as a result and we do appreciate your feedback and views on the matter.

Once again thank you for your time and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney in the not too distant future.

Orange, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

we stayed in the executive suite with access to the executive lounge. it was expensive for what we got and the quality of the room and facilities was substandard. quite disappointed with the hilton other than its central cbd location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your experience. However, we appreciate your feedback as it enables us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

Thank you for your time.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having a scored a good deal from the Hilton International booking centre I really couldn't complain about the value. The room was small but functional and the bed comfy. I ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was superb and they have one of the best wines lists in Sydney catering for all budgets. My biggest gripe was as expected they took money off of my credit card in advance but it then took several days to get it refunded during which I suppose they get interest on it! Look apart from that they stay was fine but you have to get a good deal on the room to make it worthwhile.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney earlier this year.

I was happy to read that you were satisfied with your experience at our hotel. However, to clarify the situation regarding your pre-authorisation charge, please be advised this charge is released immediately upon check out; and the time taken for it to appear on your bank account depends purely on your bank – Usually 5-10 business days.

If you experience any issues with this in future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will gladly get in touch with the relevant bank to fast-track this process.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to see you again soon at Hilton Sydney.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was my 1st stay at Hilton Hotels as well as my 1st time to Sydney itself. Stayed here for 21 nights (October - November 2012). And I felt completely at home.. No major complaints whatsoever.

LOCATION : PERFECT LOCATION!! Situated on George street, it was less than 2 minutes walk to our office in The Galleries, entrances smacked right in front of Queen Victoria Building, Westfield on Pt Street.. In fact it is accessible to almost all the major places in the city from the hotel within a walkable distance! - CHinatown, Market St; Darling Harbour, Star Casino, Paddy Market, The Rocks, Sydney Opera House...

There's a train station right at the corner of the street - TownHall Station. If you are taking a cab from airport, it will cost you approx AUD 40-45 and a train ride will cost about AUD 16..

ROOM: Very clean rooms with clean and chic designs. Beds are utterly comfortable. Bathrooms are clean as well and fully equipped with essentials. However, I found the TV channels were very limited and was surprised as it is 5 star hotel and expected better array of channels to watch. Oh yea, I simply love the massage bar soap that they supply in the bathroom >_<

SERVICE: Very good service. They were very attentive to any request. And love the idea of the "MAGIC" button for any request. They deliver fruit baskets (not sure if this only for long stays) but i wish they would leave it a little longer at times as I would come back looking forward to grab a fruit or two and will find my fruit basket cleared off too soon :(

Check out and check-in was a breeze.

WIFI: This is one area I was not exactly satisfied with simply because the free wifi was only limited to the lobby. To use it in the room and additional fee of AUD21 is charged which i think was not really reasonable since I was on a long stay.

BREAKFAST, CAFE & LOUNGE : The breakfast spread was awesome especially for the healthy fruit juices and shots served but i do find the main meals were repetitive at times especially the sauted button mushrooms. Otherwise it is quite a heart breakfast. Do grab your coffee fix at 3.30 pm at Caffe Cino.. Their flat whites are pretty good as well as the cheese cake and choc cookie and tiramisu!! The lounge area is not too bad as well with reasonable tasting appetizers and free flow of drinks. (but this is only free for the Diamond members if not mistaken).

VALUE: Obviously staying here is expensive and we paid a corporate rate of AUD 338 (approx) per night.

ENTERTAINMENT & OTHER FACILITIES: There is a in-house gym and other facilities like pool. And if you feel like a party for Friday and Saturday night , head to Zeta Bar or the Marble Bar. Loved both of it!

Overall, my stay in Sydney was simply awesome thanks to Hilton Hotels. Will definitely wanna stay here again if I get a chance :)

Room Tip: - If you are staying for more than a few days ask for the corner rooms.. They are much more quiet an...