Hilton clearly had a very high expectation to meet for me being what it represented among luxury hotels and as such I am disappointed to report the standard king-bed guest room I stayed was just on par (NOTE: among 5-star hotels that is) and had nothing spectacular.
Firstly, there was confusion in the parking arrangement the hotel offers. Being in what must have been the busiest part of the CBD, car park is hard to come by, and I would appreciate the website detailing exactly what the valet parking would be. It now became clear to me that if you left the car at the hotel drop-off area (to be greeted by the porter on the ground), you would be charged hotel valet fee. If you drive into the underground carpark, the carpark staff would still park the car for you but you would not be charged for valet parking but the discounted fee. The arrangement wasn't bad, but not knowing that the actual carpark functions on its own, separated from the hotel itself, I was expecting help with luggage at the carpark and shocked to find none. Oh well...
Secondly, there was confusion about the room pricing. I am still not quite sure why I had to pay for an extra guest/bedding arrangement for just the two of us (two adults) in a room with a pre-arranged king bed.
Thirdly, the size of the room was rather small (smaller than I've expected at least) and on Lvl 23, siren from police/ambulance on street level could still be heard unfortunately.
Complaints aside, the facility was very modern and very clean, and the bedding/lighting was exceptionally comfortable. The shower was also very modern and well-designed; the TV set on the wall in the shower was non-functional, otherwise the shower I took there would have been the most interesting one I've ever taken. The location was definitely second to none, I can see QVB from my room and Sydney Tower/Westfield at the backdoor of the hotel; the monorail stations are very very close by also.
Would I return? Maybe I would try other 5-star hotels (many to choose from in Sydney CBD alone) instead next time. Being what it is, Hilton Sydney has very little value for money apart from the location it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney