“Great stay mostly” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Great stay mostly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean hotel, typical Hilton luxuries but the rooms are tiny! We stayed with 11month old baby and barely room for Porta-cot. Also had car and parking was shockingly expensive. Good if you are putting everything as a work expense and I was, but I wouldn't stay here for a purely personal family friendly hotel- many other opportunities in cbd. I would stay here again for work trips without family though.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room as they are much bigger
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney should you return to the area.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I joined the HHonours club prior to booking; booked directly on the Hilton website and arrived late on a Friday night. Check in was easy. I was travelling with a girlfriend and we asked if she was on the same floor; they moved her to a room without a bathroom, not an issue until she got o her room, and found her bathroom door was a fire door that was noisy and clunky.
My room was spacious and well appointed; hers seemed basic by comparison. I chose to upgrade to the executive club and it included breakfast and drinks and canapés each evening; a great deal as it was.
The staff were excellent, every need was catered for. The buffet breakfast was excellent, yet a little slow on the Sunday (the crowds were huge)
I would happily go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for posting your review about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was happy to see that you were most pleased with our overall facility and services. However, your comments pertaining to your friend's room are concerning to me and I would appreciate if you could kindly contact us directly at Hilton Sydney with more detail, affording us the opportunity to look into this further and determine exactly which room was provided.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's been a very long time since I have stayed at the Hilton in Sydney, not since the early 1990's. The hotel has had a fantastic face-lift and the standard of the rooms is superb. It's a great location in down-town Sydney from where you can walk to everything.

• Stayed October 2012
We appreciate your feedback about your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was glad to see you were pleased with the hotel's "face lift" throughout the buidling and we hope to see you again soon!

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Sydney Hilton sits in a great location for business or leisure travel. Having recently stayed at a range of other premium hotels in Sydney, the Hilton will be my choice on my next visit. The Relaxation Room was very well appointed and spacious, the Club Lounge well staffed and designed; the food in the Lounge, on par with the Hilton standard, was passable.
The attention to detail makes the Hilton well worth a look.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with us following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience in one of our fine Relaxation Rooms and we all look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Hilton is located in prime position located directly accross from Town Hall station, QVB and one block from Pitt Street Mall and the new shoppers haven of Westfield Sydney. On entry to the Hilton we were approached by the smiling staff who kindly took our luggage off our hands... and we hadn't even reached the front door yet!
After walking into the stylish modern foyer, I reached check-in and requested a high floor with view if available, the check-in staff were very accomodating and placed us on the second top floor with a free room upgrade. Our luggage was delivered to our room by the lovliest porter- he took me through all the bells and whistles of our room including: electric blinds, music box, Peter Thomas Roth bathroom accessories, the magic button and lighting. The pillows were so soft and gave us a pleasent sleep. On check-out there was a very long line... but there were complimentary gourmet cupcakes and newspapers to enjoy while we waited... Delicious!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with view if available... the lights at night are gorgeous!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I have shared your lovely comments with our friendly team and I hope you have the opportunity to return to Hilton Sydney when your travels next bring you to the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in what seemed like an apartment suite on the 30th floor. Tastefully decorated, with a living room, office corner, powder room and very large spa overlooking the city. The views were spectacular. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.
We felt like a billion bucks.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

We strive to ensure our guests feel cared for, valued and respected; and I was delighted to learn that you appreciated our service during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I got an HHonors membership at Gold level courtesy of an airline deal, so thought I would eschew my normal Sheraton on the Park in Sydney for the Hilton for a recent one night stay.

Overall I'd have to say it was a great experience and I'll be inclined to go back, depending on cost at the time.

I liked the on-line reservation process; various options and prices clearly presented and easily selected if desired.

Check in was very quick, no fuss.

The room and bathroom, as others have noted are small. If I was staying for more than 2 days, and wanted to spread my stuff out, I think that would be a deal breaker. However for one night it was fine. The walls are solid and I got no noise from the adjoining rooms. The lay-out in the room is good, with a decent work desk and comfortable chair. Lack of accessible power points, as usual in hotels....

I got wi-fi complementary and it worked OK; I wouldn't pay the exhorbitant regular fee. I was disappointed that there was no Executive Lounge available; this was advised at the time of booking and in confirmations, but I would have thought a temporary facility might have been made available.

The restaurant and bar are very good; good service, ambiance and the meal itself.

Overall this hotel met all my needs on a short business trip and I'd like to go back. However on looking for a future booking, the prices on the days I wanted were all +$350/night, including advance purchase. To high; another time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your feedback and am pleased that our hotel met your business needs during your visit to Sydney. We do apologise for any disappointment caused due to the refurbishment of our Executive Lounge - We did endeavour to minimise disruption to our Executive guests as much as possible, by way of providing an alternative Lounge location during this period; however I was sorry to learn that you were unaware of this during your stay.

Thank you again for your time and I hope you will have an opportunity to enjoy the new and improved Executive Lounge at Hilton Sydney, the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Michael Bourne

Been to Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!