“Greatest location than any other hotel in Sydney.” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #38 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Greatest location than any other hotel in Sydney.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I've been to attend a congress at Sydney convention center last week. I've chosen Hilton Sydney even though it's not that close to the convention center but not disappointed At All. Because the hotel is in the very center of Sydney. You can take Monorail from behind the hotel to go to the convention center and before only one stop before you can drop by the Darling harbour to enjoy its magnificent view. And you can go shopping everywhere starting from your hotel : Queen Victoria Building (just in front of the hotel) and many many stores along Gorge Street (the street where the hotel situated). To go to the Sydney Opera House and Circular Quay, just take the free bus 555 (green bus) at the bus stop opposite the hotel. And if yoy like cosmetic shopping, you should go to CHERRY shop just outside the paddy market monorail stop (only on stop from convention center). You'll find a lot of cosmetics such as Catherine placenta cream, Plarry serum, Plarry cream and so on. I'm pretty sure I pick the right hotel this time. The staff is very nice to their guests and there are asian staff even Thai staff Ms.Benny who help me out when I was there..thank you very much for your kindness.

• Stayed September 2012
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was happy to read that our location was beneficial during your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Michael Bourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ashford, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here in September 2012 as part of our honeymoon to Australia. Overall this is a fantastic hotel right in the middle of Sydney. It is an easy walk to Darling Harbour for all the restaurants. The rooms whilst small had all the amenities of a 5 star hotel. The room had a separate shower and bath. We had truffles on our arrival and a nice welcome card which was a nice touch. The leisure facilities are fantastic with a massive gym and a 25m swimming pool which we used twice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was very pleased you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us and hope to see you again perhaps when celebrating your first Anniversary!

Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Sydney was out last stop on a multi-city tour of Australia. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in, and it was very expensive, but I shopped around a lot & this was normal for a nice downtown/CBD hotel. It's about a 20 minute walk to Circular Quay & views of the bridge & opera house, and very close to an outdoor mall on Pitt street with lots of places to eat (except Sunday morning - only Hungry Jack/Burger King was open for breakfast).

My impression is that the hotel primarily caters to high-end business clients during the week. We were woefully underdressed in the lobby in our touristy clothes during the week, but as an "ugly American" that didn't bother me. What did bother me was $30/person breakfast buffets - we don't all have expense accounts for this trip. No way am I paying $240 for eggs & bacon for 4 days, so we ate elsewhere.

Also the refridgerator was fully stocked with mini-bar items with sensors that billed you if you moved anything. We wanted to keep some soda, juice & snacks in there, so they came & emptied it out for us. They still accidentally charged us for an item, but I called & they reversed it.

They did upgrade us to a corner room, with great views to the south & west, but the walls/doors were very thin, and we were woken up by neighbors coming in at 3:00 AM.

The room was clean & comfortable, and the service was fast if you needed anything, but I have to admit that I felt like I wasn't their target market, and that they weren't all that concerned about meeting the needs of a tourist.

On the weekend, the suits all cleared out & they brought in a tour group from Thailand with (no joke) over 500 people all on the same schedule. It was 15-20 minutes to get an elevator if you were trying to come or go at the same time that the Thai's were assembling, and then they'd literrally block 1/2 the lobby waiting to get on their busses.

Altogether, I was not dissatisfied with my stay, but there were just enough little things that made me feel like they weren't interested in my type of patronage (a couple of tourists).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MichaelBourne01, General Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was sorry to learn that you did not feel valued during your stay, as we always strive to make all our guests feel special. However please be assured I have shared your important comments with my management team; and we appreciate your feedback and observations as it helps us to monitor and improve our service.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the refrigerator and should you return in future, you may be happy to know that we can supply an additional, complimentary fridge to the guestroom which can be arranged by calling MAGIC on the room phone.

Thank you again for your time and I do hope we will have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney at some stage in the not too distant future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Perfect business hotel at wonderful location. right above town hall MRT station, 2mins walk to biggest Westfield shoppingmall in OZ, plenty of eateries which include western and asian meals!

room : clean and neat with modern design. regret no free wifi provided, though free wifi at the lobby with nice sofa
breakfast: fast and precise with wide selection of food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel and hope to serve you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend and the service blew me away. From the check in counter, to the breakfast waiters, the concierge. It was amazing. We got a room upgrade, free coffee and cake and access to the canapé lounge just for being part of the Hilton club. Here is a hotel whose employees all impressed me. Well done team Hilton

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about Hilton Sydney.

We continually strive to deliver the highest standard of service and exceed our guests' expectations; and I was pleased to read about your experience during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Sydney at some stage in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Was in Sydney again for business, and I couldn't have been happier with my stay. The room was ready, quiet and well set up. The internet in the room was fast. The buffet breakfast was excellent. A wonderful place to stay if you are working in the Sydney CBD.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review with us on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your lovely comments and I am glad you were pleased with Hilton Sydney's services and facilities during your stay.

We look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

As Hilton Gold, I was upgraded to Executive Level rooms, even though I booked there via American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card free night offer. I was also provide Executive Lounge access, free internet, late checkout at 1pm, free buffet breakfast at Glass Brasserie Restaurant. Therefore we have been treated very well.

The location of the hotel is excellent, accessible to lot of shops including Westfield Sydney and QVB, as well as Town Hall station and lot of buses. The room however is small, this is because this is renovated from old building. If you want large room you really need to book Relaxation Room category at the minimum,

The Executive lounge is pretty large, the evening canape is good but I think the one at Hilton Adelaide is better. I also had Sea Breeze cocktail, which was great.

The dinner at Glass Brasserie is fantastic, the place is fully booked out and the atmosphere in the restaurant is great. The buffet breakfast is one of the best, huge variety of options as well as food generally high quality.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone for tourist as well business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, book Executive Level for lounge access and free continental breakfast. Get Hilto...