Great breakfast, our 10 year old son ate for free.
The poolarea was a bit small but great. A strange smell though. Do not know what it was, did not investigate. Wonderful view. Unfortunately there were ships parked between the hotel and the operahouse almost the entire time we stayed here (4 nights). One night we enjoyed the perfect view. Good italian restaurant just behind the hotel. Great for families.
The downside of this hotell was the WI-FI. 15 minutes free Wi-FI per day (in lobby) is not good enough. When we then payed for it the last days, it did not work that well. Problems to get in. And too expensive 23 AUD for 24 hours.
Comfortable beds and pillows.
AC worked well despite the heat outside.
Ordered roomservice one night (bottled water). Do not know when they came. After 1 hour we put out the lights. We called again during this time but did not get any answer
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Old Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Holiday Inn Old Sydney Hotel
- Old Sydney Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sydney
- Sydney Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Old Sydney is one of Sydney's little secrets, uniquely positioned between the Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House within the iconic area of The Rocks. Each of the modern 175 guestrooms come equipped with a choice of soft & firm pillows, 32-inch flatscreen TVs, high speed internet access and comfortable en-suite with dual pressure showerhead. Enjoy spectacular views to Sydney Harbour or an outlook onto the historic Rocks from the comfort of your room. Stroll down the harbour-side promenade past the museum of Contemporary Art to lively Circular Quay and experience an excellent selection restaurants and bars. Here you can catch a ferry to Manly Beach, Watsons Bay, Taronga Zoo or enjoy a fabulous harbour cruise. Holiday Inn Old Sydney is only moments from the majority of Sydney's best attractions and a variety of great shopping options, including the Rocks Markets, Queen Victoria Building, Pitt Street Mall and Oxford Street. Experience spectacular views of Sydney Harbour, the famous Harbour Bridge and the world-acclaimed Opera House from the famous Holiday Inn Old Sydney rooftop, equipped with heated outdoor pool and spa. Holiday Inn Old Sydney also offers a complimentary business centre with computer and internet access to keep you connected whilst away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Old Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.